6 week 200 crunches challenge

Options
I love MFP, it always turns up the coolest links, like this: http://www.twohundredsitups.com I want to increase my core strength, so I'm doing the 200 crunches program. Anyone want to join in? Check ins on Saturday.

I just did my test and I'm kind of embarassed. When I was still doing Tang Soo Do, I could bang out 75-80 crunches and this morning I could barely get to 30. Really excited to see what I can work up to by mid-January!

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I love joining challenges to keep me motivated! I've started the Couch25k plan too so I can do the sit-up challenge the same days I do C25k.

Great idea!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Sounds fun. I am interested in trying it out.
  • argburr
    Options
    Is the challenge to work up to 200 crunches without stopping in 6 weeks? I'm in
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    count me in. i want to see, how many inches i lose.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Count me in..I'm still recovering from two blood clots and still not able to jog, I walk daily. So this will be a great addition..I was only able to do 20 before burning...but I look forward to the end result.:smile:

Did any of you start already, if not how about we leave the official start for monday..we can do this mon, wed & fri..and checkin on saturday...how does this sounds....

:sad: wow...still feeling it...
  • samantha115
    Options
    I wanna join. I love crunches. Maybe Ill be a few inches smaller so when income tax comes around, hello new wardrobe!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Im deffintly in!!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Are we starting today, or are starting this week and checking in next Saturday?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I actually just set myself some new fitness goals today, having met the old ones.
    By the end of February I want to be able to do 100 pushups, a 40 minute 10k, and now this!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    In!! :smile:
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    game on:smile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options

Today is a good day to do your base test - see how many crunches in good form you can do before you reach muscular exhausion. Then this week becomes week one, and you follow the three-day workout plan on nonconsecutive days.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i often say that on these challenges, but this one has caught my interest. i used to be able to do a lot too. i haven't done my baseline yet, but...i will, and i know it ain't gonna be pretty.

i wish every luck and motivation to keep with this!!!
  • pawprint061
    Options

Today is a good day to do your base test - see how many crunches in good form you can do before you reach muscular exhausion. Then this week becomes week one, and you follow the three-day workout plan on nonconsecutive days.

Awesome. I'm ready to start... as soon as my toddler goes down for bed lol.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    So.. I just did my initial test. I was able to do 100 sit ups. I'm wondering if I was able to do this easier than I thought I would be able to because the other night I worked out doing sit ups but I did it in between commercials of a show I was watching and I did like 50 at a time... I only did a couple sets though. So, it's telling me that it recommends that I start at week three.... But I dunno.. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sore lol.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in. I really need to strengthen my core and I decided the next 2 weeks I want to work strengthening into my cardio routines. This program sounds perfect.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    But a GOOD sore. =)

Good luck this week everyone!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I'm glad that we can take the weekend off... I'm feeling it today. It's a good feeling though.. but I don't think I could do any more today if I had too lol.
  • FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm working on toning my abs right now so this'll be the perfect thing for me :)