Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options

But just like Canadians, you do say some words kinda funny...
    What words!? :indifferent:

Fush and Chups?
    Huh... we say fish n chips... never heard it another way.... :huh: even by francophones.....
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Your're in Seattle?! I hate rain!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You're from Buffalo?! Is it snowing up there?

No Jacka$$, It's July 11th...:explode:

Ahhh, you live kind of near me! People ask me all the time about the snow here, I live in literally the second snowiest town in the United States.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yes I live in Hebden Bridge. No I'm not gay.:laugh:

Hebden is famous for being the 'lesbian capitol of England'. And 'cause some of my friends are from that part of the community people just assume.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Guyofftheinternet: So you're from Alabama, right?
    Me: Yeah.
    Guy: Well can I ask you something... and sorry if I offend you.... But.. do you guys still have like.. Civil Rights marches through the streets and segregation.. and stuff like that?
    Me: ...................

I REALLY wanted to say to him was, 'Bless your little heart'..
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I live in Connecticut.
    No, I am not rich.
    No, I am not a snob :flowerforyou:
    No, I don't play tennis.
    No, I don't wear polo or preppy clothes.
    Yes, Bridgeport is pretty much what you saw on Family Guy, although a teeny section of the area happens to be semi-nice :)
    Yes, we are 'that small state' next to New York and under Massachusetts.

As an American..
    Yes, I can actually point your country out on a map.
    No, I am not a loud, obnoxious, uneducated buffoon.
    No, not everybody is fat.
    No, I am not corrupted like our government.
    No, I am not materialistic.
    No, I don't sue everyone.
    No, I don't gasp and giggle every time I see nudity in movies. Or in general.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You're from Chicago? Al Capone's from here.

Yeah, no *kitten*.
    LOL That's funny! My husband's grandfather worked for Al Capone but we are in central IL, far from Chicago.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i am from WEST VIRGINIA..... enough said, they got whole books on jokes about what they think we are
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    "Do you ride your horse to school? Have you ever been cow tipping? Where's your hat?"

[/Texas]
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I'm from Northern Michigan, they're like "Oh so from like Mackinaw or Traverse City?"

No dumb *kitten*....there are about 100,000 acres of land NORTH of the bridge!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    "Oh so you're from Washington? So you get a lot of rain then."
    No, I live on the East side.

"Washington? So you're on the East coast." :explode:

I live in Spokane, WA. Spo-can.....not Spo-CANE. NO it doesn't rain here all the time.

When I lived in Montana and worked at a Hotel, we actually had guests call in and ask about these things:
    Do you have a hospital? - my boss answered the phone on that one- she said, "no, what are those for?"
    caller: in case you get hurt - my boss- "oh, well, in that case, we just take you out back and shoot ya."
    another one I had was -(after several questions about if TVs, and other amenities were available) "How do we get there from the airport?" I wanted to let them know our covered wagon and team of horses would be on the way....otherwise known as "the airport shuttle" will come and pick you up.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    "they don't call it hotlanta for nothin'"

First of all, I don't call it "hotlanta" ever
    Second, aww nevermind

JUST StOP sAYING It!

Usually hear this one from people in the west - "Suck it up, we live in 110 degree heat. There's no way your humidity makes it that bad."

Edit: I'm just north of Atlanta
  • DMP3
    DMP3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am from Maryland,and I hate when people pronounce it "Merrrrrland" or refer to Washington, DC as "Warshington" There is NO R!!!! and I am sorry saying "Mar-y-land" is one extra syllabul (sp?) than "Merrrr-land"

Okay I'm afraid to say "Maryland" now.

Haha- I'm from Maryland too and I must agree- the y should not be pronounced as it is in the word Mary.
  • kenbobwrites
    Options
    I live in Arkansas and, no, I don't personally know Bill Clinton, nor have I had sex with him. And, I'm not an inbred illiterate, either.
  • skpstone
    skpstone Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Fush and Chups?
    Huh... we say fish n chips... never heard it another way.... :huh: even by francophones.....

I was giving an example of a NZ thing...
    Apart from the "aboot" thing i dont know of any Canadian idiosyncrasies ;) I was just having a go at the New Zealanders :)
    I love Canada, its such a beautiful place.
  • jicarter01
    jicarter01 Posts: 53
    Options
    You live in Atlanta? Where in Atlanta? I live in cumming. By the lake
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You live in Washington?
    Yup
    Y'all have webbed feet?
    No, it doesn't even rain as much as other places in the US, and a good portion of the state is a desert.
    Oh, well it rains a lot up there
    Sure I wouldn't know
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    People wonder if I live in an igloo.
    It's Canada, it's not the North Pole. In fact, Toronto is more south than some of the places in the US.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I guess this applies to all of Canada, but the assumption that it's freezing cold-all the time. Where I live we got 40 degree weather at times and very mild winters.

Might want to clarify that it's 40 degree CELCIUS : )
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You live in Atlanta? Where in Atlanta? I live in cumming. By the lake

jicarter01 - but my dad lives in Cumming... on Bettis Tribble Gap Road... LOL SERIOUSLY!!!!!