How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• nicolefrances1977
    nicolefrances1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I pay $10.00 a month @ Charter Fitness, they do not have family plans.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    WOW so cheap! 150$ a month (if you find a good deal) About 3000$ a year for good gyms in downtown
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I need the group exercise classes like Body Pump, CRX and Kickboxing --- so Planet Fitness or any of the other local lower cost gyms just won't cut it for me. I pay $18.99 every two weeks ($37.98/mo) for an awesome local chain that gets me access to all of their locations. Two locations are minutes from my work - so I GET there.

Totally worth it!
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Get_Me_Fit1 Posts: 194
    Options
    My local gym charges 30/month. But if you want guests it's 50. Not including th tanning room/ sauna. I can't afford it. I go with a friend who has a membership with guests(;
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    converted into dollars its 55 dollars/month but i had to pay it in advance for a whole year. I get access to group cardio classes (zumba, bosu, tae bo, rebound etc), strength training- free weights, cable machines, treadmill/elliptical etc, spinning classes, a pool, a wet and a dry sauna and 4 personalized assessments with advice from a trainer/year. My gym is actually a very upscale health club, and me and my boyfriend are the only ones that dont quite fit the demographic there, lol :))
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My husband is active duty military so we go to the gym for free on post.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    35 for a family of 6
  • moonowl23
    moonowl23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5€ a week.
    Open from 6am to midnight
    There are no classes though, only machines and a ladies section and of course changing rooms and free coffee!
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    Nothing at all...Alhamdu Lillah! We have a fitness center in the clubhouse of the residential area in which I live at.
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    BodyPlex $29 per month with 2 yr contract. Childcare is no extra charge there.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    10 dollars for me and 10 dollars for my fiance.. so 20 a month! at Fit for less .. no child care tho
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We go to Virgin Active, and pay about £45 (~$70) each per month (albeit we pay as joint membership).

Includes pretty much everything except Personal Trainer (which is extra, though you usually get a few sessions thrown in when you join), so cardio machines + weight machines + free weights section + all other manner of bits n pieces (kettle bells + powerplate + yoga balls + punchbag etc) + pool + sauna + steamroom + jacuzzis + all classes. Plus they also have a nice cafe with a little library area so you can chill with a book :-) And can use most of their gyms all around the country also (if we happened to travel much, which we don't!)

I think it's well worth the money, providing you go! We've been members for about 4-5 years I think and there have been occasions where we haven't gone for months (we have an annual membership so couldn't just pause or end it :-S), but on the other hand there have been occasions where we've gone 5+ times a week for months. We're allowed guests but unless you can convince them that they're thinking of joining, then it costs them about £10 (~$15) a visit, but they do have periods now and again when guests are free :-)
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    £40 a month for a small but functional gym, a nice pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna (a bit past their best, as are the dire changing rooms), and 2 kickboxing circuits a week. We pay £4-5 for an individual class round here, so I see it as buying the classes, and getting the gym and pool thrown in :)
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I paid $36 a month for my gym that had a free (very nice) child care up to 2.5 hrs per day
  • tdcibilly
    tdcibilly Posts: 78
    Options
    £28 a month inc kickboxing,keepfit classes,zumba,spinning and boxing
  • rolokong
    rolokong Posts: 4
    Options
    I have one of the old 24 Hour Fitness contracts where you pay for 2 years / get 1 year for free and now I only pay $49 a year every May to renew my contract ...... I can go to all Keep Fit and Club sports gyms as well. Have not been using it till I decided that enough is enough and to really get back in shape again.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    £10/month.

WOW!! Bargain!!!! :bigsmile:

Amazed at some of the low prices when I thought mine was amazing value for money (as long as you make enough use of it).

There are cheaper (Council run) leisure centres and pools in my area, but they are a bit grim, either poorly maintained or full of chavs.

All the private gyms are between £32 p.m. (Fitness First being the cheapest) to £80 p.m. for David Lloyds at the higher end.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Workout Anytime - 16 per month. Not as fancy as a lot of places, but it has what I need and is 24 hour witch is useful for my 4:45am workouts and my 7pm ones to :)

ETA: I think its 25 per month for the membership with the guest pass, but that's only good during staffed hours witch do'n't work for me, and you get unlimited tanning so its worth it if you can get there during their staffed hours. Also I don't know about child care, they used to before workout anytime took over (when it was studio 360 women's only) But they have a cardio cinema, Treadmills, ellipticals and bikes in a dark room with a huge screen that you can watch movies on :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness

$10 a month.

:noway: WOW i wish.....i cant afford the gym 10 bucks a month i WOULD go! :bigsmile:
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    $24 - it includes a lap pool, warm water pool with 2 slides, all the classes, full basketball court, half court, full indoor soccer field, circuit weight room, weight room, all kinds of machines, and a bunch of other stuff. I really like where I go and the price.