What are you currently reading??

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Bring It! by Tony Horton, am currently reading TheSpark by the creator of SparkPeople.com and am also reading Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen (author of Water for Elephants).
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The Minotaur....it was a freebie for Kindle, really enjoying it!
  • ZarrX86
    ZarrX86 Posts: 38
    Options
    Just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy and have started A Song of Fire & Ice series (A Game of Thrones...)

Awesome, im on the second Hunger Games book and its great. My fiance is reading the first Song of Fire and Ice. I kind of dont want to read them though because the show is so good i dont want to ruin any major plot points, first time a show has been so good i dont want to spoil it by reading the book.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Damned by Chuck Palahniuk.

About halfway through, it's great so far.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy and have started A Song of Fire & Ice series (A Game of Thrones...)

If you like sci-fi and soap opera I thoroughly encourage Game of Thrones series! Loved them all and can't wait for the next however many Martin is going to write before he dies. Very character heavy.
    I’m reading the fourth in the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon…) by Christopher Paolini. Actually fairly exciting for a sci fi children’s series.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love downloading books to my Kindle! It's fast, easy and I never have to step into a book store! :wink: Nonetheless, I just finished reading E.L James Fifty Shades trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed). Now I'm reading Dean Koontz Odd Interlude trilogy.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Awesome, im on the second Hunger Games book and its great. My fiance is reading the first Song of Fire and Ice. I kind of dont want to read them though because the show is so good i dont want to ruin any major plot points, first time a show has been so good i dont want to spoil it by reading the book.

I would definitely suggest reading the books as the seasons play out. The show is fantastic but the book will definitely tie up loose ends and includes much more. Happy reading :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I am reading "Then Came You" by Jennifer Weiner. I absolutely LOVE her books! She is a great author.

Agreed!
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options

If you like sci-fi and soap opera I thoroughly encourage Game of Thrones series! Loved them all and can't wait for the next however many Martin is going to write before he dies. Very character heavy.
    I’m reading the fourth in the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon…) by Christopher Paolini. Actually fairly exciting for a sci fi children’s series.

i plowed through all of ASOIAF in a couple of months - i am totally in love with it. i actually badgered my fiancé into reading the series - the man who, despite his intelligence, will not pick up anything square with pages. he's reading it on his iPhone now, lol, because it's the only way he'll read anything.

i'm enjoying my post-grad-school light reading. i read the hunger games trilogy and now i've picked up all of Michael Moorcock's Elric books - one of my favorites in high school that i haven't touched in years. summer is for SF/F reading, yay :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The Magician King by Lev Grossman

Had to take a break from A Song of Ice and Fire #4: A Feast for Crows because unfortunately it's been draaaagging. So disappointing.

Feel free to add me on GoodReads if you're there! :)
    http://www.goodreads.com/chocl8girl
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    Robinson Crusoe....always go back to the classics every few years
  • gingah73
    gingah73 Posts: 28
    Options
    HIGHLY recommend John Sandford's "Prey" series. There are 20+ books (you don't have to read them in order, just the main characters are continuous, but some of their back stories will make more sense if you read the earlier novels first, as they're referred to throughout the series) and the writing is fantastic and fast paced. Once I start, I can barely put it down! (really, anything by Sandford is fantastic - he has other series, too, that are just as good and tie into the Prey series as well) http://www.johnsandford.org/directory.html

I'm at the end of a Feast for Crows now (Game of Thrones, book 4) but won't get book 5 until July 25 when it's back in my library. So to tide me over, I just got Sandford's next to the last Prey book, "Buried Prey" and may also try to pick up his latest, "Stolen Prey" before then. I am a voracious reader!
  • gingah73
    gingah73 Posts: 28
    Options
    Had to take a break from A Song of Ice and Fire #4: A Feast for Crows because unfortunately it's been draaaagging. So disappointing.

I'm finishing book 4 now - it was a tough read, but SO worth it to get to the end. Promise! =]
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have a few, I'm a huge reader and as a result I cycle through my books pretty quickly...

as of today

Shakespears Christmas (page 78)
    Clockwork Angel (page 201)
    Lick of Frost (page 332)
    Sense, Sensibility and Sea Monsters (page 94)
    Mistress of the Art of Death (page 145)

I'll probably (and sadly) have all these done before the end of the week.

I know what you mean! This morning I woke up to pick up my iPad and finish my book, but alas, I completed it last night....and I'm looking for new material now. I just finished The Infection. I'm on a PA thing right now.
  • chocl8girl
    Options
    And speaking of books, if any of you have read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (or want to read it - and you SHOULD, it's fantastic!!) My friends' band played during the paperback release party here in Massachusetts, and the Huffington Post was there and posted this video! :

http://youtu.be/Ryyn8cWjxHk

My son has a teensy cameo in it, wearing a harlequin costume lol..

Watch it and find out a little about the book, and see if you'd like to read it! :)
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

I am reading this at the moment as well :) It's one of those "how did I never read this" books I'm catching up on.
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, because I've always meant to read it... although the more of it I read, the more I suspect I have already read it and just don't remember it very well.

Need, by Carrie Jones is my current fluff-reading choice. Not very far into it, but so far it's every bit as easy reading as I was hoping it'd be.

I've hated everything I've read recently, so I hope these books break the cycle.
  • chocl8girl
    Options

I'm finishing book 4 now - it was a tough read, but SO worth it to get to the end. Promise! =]

Oh, I know it WILL be, I took a break from the 3rd book, too, and read like 4 other books, then once I got back to it it finished quickly, so I know the same will happen here...I just get restless sometimes and either nee to read multiple things or read something else and come back...lol
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I'm currently reading the "What are you currently reading??" thread on MFP. You?
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief- very good so far, set in Germany during WW2. It's written from the point of view of Death and focuses on a young girl who learns to read and steals books.