Virtual Running Club

Options
124»

Replies

• KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles this morning in 41 minutes. :)
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This week for me so far

Sunday 4.65 mi ~ 57:32 mins (time would have been much better if it wasn't 91 degrees outside -YUCK!)
    Tue 3.10 mi ~ 33.19 mins

total so far this week 7.75 miles

Planning a 4 mile run tonight :)
  • shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Monday-- 5.8 miles/48.22 min- 8pm
    Wed--3 miles/24.12min -8:30 pm
    Both flat roads
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I just got done running 3 miles in 33 minutes. Slow and steady since it's still about 90 degrees out right now.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    Ran this morning, 3 miles in 27 and some seconds. I think you'd like Dailymile. Its a very supportive online community where you post your workouts. Gives some interesting statistics too :) Feel free to add me on there! It's great for accountability!

I love Dailymile. It's an awesome website for tracking how much you ran and it let's you see your mileage on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
  • Missy1723
    Missy1723 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "like" button for each post lol! You all are doing great.

I just did day 3 of my half training (3 miles) in 29min 46sec. It's so dang hot out there!
  • nomorebellybabe
    Options
    Wow - I just started to run TODAY with a friend. We plan to go once a week. That may not be enough but it's a start. We jogged for 17 minutes and did a hard one hour hike as well. I'd really like to train for a triathlon!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for starting this post! Yesterday I ran 4.5 miles in 52 minutes. I usually run in the morning because I live in Nebraska & the heat/humidity kills my distance & time! I run 3-4 times per week & will be running in the Color Run 5k this weekend. :smile:
    Let me know how this run is. They are coming to Houston and I would love to do this one. Have fun:happy:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    No distance running for me last night.

Played hurling for an hour and then did 9 four metre sprints.

Today is rest
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love Dailymile. It's an awesome website for tracking how much you ran and it let's you see your mileage on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
    [/quote]

I may have to check out Dailymile. I like to see my progress in chart form. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, another bad night of sleep. Too much stress at work this week. I need to find time to run this weekend without interruptions.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I may have to check out Dailymile. I like to see my progress in chart form. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, another bad night of sleep. Too much stress at work this week. I need to find time to run this weekend without interruptions.
    [/quote]

Runkeeper will do the same thing. I use Jog Log on my phone and it links to my Runkeeper account which is nice.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    www.mapmyrun.com is also an excellent "virtual racing buddy" site. I use their sister site, www.mapmyride.com to track my bicycling. If you have a smartphone (iPhone or Android) with a GPS it will even "watch" your run/bike/jog/hike/swim and estimate calories and allow you to "compete" with complete strangers over sections of your normal route.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Virtual Running Club
    Monday: None
    Tuesday: 3 miles 40 minutes Treadmill Evening
    Wednesday 2.7 miles 40minutes Treadmill (hill training) Evening
    Thursday 3m 40 minutes Outside Evening
  • lexismom1003
    lexismom1003 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Virtual Running Club
    Saturday: 3.1 miles - 33:11 (Early morning run)

Sun, Mon, Tues & Wed: Heavy RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, Heavy RAIN and a little more RAIN :grumble:

Thursday 3.1 miles - 33:00 (Late evening run in light rain)

I was running last year and suffered a serious stress fracture resulting in crutches for 5 weeks. I am currently trying to get back to running at least 3 or 4 days per week. I am seriously contemplating training for a 1/2 Marathon. However, I do not think I can be ready for it by early November.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    So virtual friends

Prefer running uphill or downhill ?
  • doutri2
    Options
    So virtual friends

Prefer running uphill or downhill ?

Hey, Big C-

I am glad you asked a question like this. This is exactly why I wanted to start this group. I love forums like this. I will be creating a group called Virtual Running Club in the Groups section on MFP. You are all invited to come along.
  • doutri2
    Options
    The Virtual Running Club Group has been created. Look at the top of your screen and next to Message Boards, you will see Groups. Search for our group.

I have loved that so many were excited by the thread and filled 4 pages. By having a group, each new topic can have it's own thread so that we don't have one looooooong thread. This way no one misses information may be relevant to them.

Hope to see you there.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Did a 14mile run on Saturday, took me 2hours 8minutes. Never ran that distance before in my life. Massive effort, couldn;t believe how hard it was to go from running 10miles in sub 1:25 to running 14miles.

It was so hard I got into the sea afterwards to try ease my leg muscles
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    i did my first 10k trail race yesterday and didnt really expect the hills but very happy with my time of 59.16 mins. Today is a rest day as i have ran 7 times in the last 5 days x