Do you workout every single day?

Options
124»

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week spliting cardio & weight lifting on 3 separate days. Monday is my rest day so during that day, I up my non exercise activities by clean my room, do longer walks etc..

Rest days are important for recovery. Our bodies actually respond to exercise during rest & not on the actual workout. However the problem with many of us is that we equate rest days to being completely sedentary throughout the day. NO we shouldn't be. Just because its your rest day doesn't mean you'll just sit on the couch & watch TV or be in the internet for 24 consecutive hours. It simply means taking a break from our usual workout routines.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I do a 4 day split with 1 day endurance cardio --- a lot of ttimes I'll take one of those days off (typically the cardio) and just do 4 days / week. On the weekends I'm active as well either biking, hiking, skiing. etc ...
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yep, everyday! I follow P90X, which is 6 days of working out, 1 "rest" day of stretching. And I love it!
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I had this same question when I started working out. My exercise coach told me if I don't need at least one rest day I'm not working out hard enough. Also helps to heal your muscles to build more and prevent injury. Rest days are good :)
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My advice is do not work out without at least one rest day! (Its the dumbest thing you can possibly do!)

I worked out on a Elliptical for 2 weeks or 3 weeks straight without a single rest day .(Sorry can't remember if it was 2wks or 3 lol)

Long story short I ended up having to rest for 2 whole weeks lying down with a heating pad because my limbs shoulders back hips and thighs made me cry out in pain whenever I moved anything. (It was so bad that even when I lifted a simple glass of water that hardly had any ice made me cry out in agony )

Remember to......

Take a rest day once a week so your body can rest.

Change your workout routine every 4 weeks that way you can keep your body from burning less calories. (That's very important too)