Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options
Just been on the BBC website this morning and saw an item I thought I would share.

Turns out I have below average fat for my country but above average globally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

I am most like someone from Ireland.

Where are you on the scale?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm most like Swaziland, apparently. Less fat than 52% of men of my age in the world, less than 80% in my country.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    I have less body fat than 92% of females 15-29 nationally,and 73% globally.I am most like someone from Eritrea ( a country in the horn of Africa,had to Google haha) Very interesting! Thanks for sharing :D
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    It says that I'm from Somalia, less body fat than 63% of females aged 30-44 in my country & less body fat than 64% of females aged 30-44 in the world.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    lol me too!!! i have more body fat than 100% that woman from 15-29 on both nationally and globaly :/ this is even worse than the bmi :sad:
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Ha! I'm most like someone from India apparently. I do like Indian food, dammit I WANT Indian food.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You have less body fat than 87% of females aged 15-29 in your country
    You have less body fat than 63% of females aged 15-29 in the world

You're most like someone from Liberia
    *Compared with other females aged 15-29 in Liberia
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    lol, forgot to move it from kilos to lbs the first time and almost had a heart attack. Heheh.

Apparently I am above fat for my place, above fat globally... and I am most like someone from Samoa.. which sounds about right since I am tall and gigantic. And have awesome hair. The end.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have less body fat than 92% of females 15-29 nationally,and 73% globally.I am most like someone from Eritrea ( a country in the horn of Africa,had to Google haha) Very interesting! Thanks for sharing :D

I had to google Eritrea as well - I lined up with almost the same results, except for my age bracket!

Thanks for pointing us to this website - it is interesting….
  • RoybieOfTheRovers
    RoybieOfTheRovers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How can you calculate body fat percentage based on sex, age, height and weight. Complete rubbish! The BBC should know better.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    :
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh i,m with you on this
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, nice statistics.

For me it says I've less fat than 60% in my own country and 72% in the world, surely gave me a smile :)
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    well, thats depressing, i have more body fat then 100% of Canada (my home) and the world....i am most like males in micronesia...and if all that isnt incentive enough to lose weight, i dont know what is
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bit daft... my age group is 15-29... Of course i have a higher average if they're including kids that young!!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha I had a gain this morning then did this! I got Samoa :(

Your numbers
    Fat Index

32bmi
    BMI is a measure of the body’s fat content based on a person’s height and weight National
    Above average
    You have more body fat than 85% of females aged 30-44 in your country Global
    Above average
    You have more body fat than 93% of females aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same body fat as you, it would add 99,631,497 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from Samoa*
    * Compared with other females aged 30-44 in Samoa.

Then I read your response.........summed up how I felt hahahahahaha! **** it, it's a marathon not a sprint! I'm turning things around in the grand scheme of things!

• SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WELL THAT IS EXTREMELY DEPRESSING. WOW... LOL NOW TO WORK ON FIXING THAT..
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I know. right.
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just saw this too, and thought i would have a go.

BMI 25
    Below Average, You have less body fat than 65% of females aged 30-44 in your country
    Above Average, You have more body fat than 58% of females aged 30-44 in the world
    You're most like someone from Hungary.

I am hungry actually :) (sorry!)

Great!
  • skying
    skying Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    erm. So I have less body fat than 72% of females in my age group in my country, but more than 57% of females my age in the world (yet am still below average somehow). And I'm most like someone from Ireland.

Could be worse I suppose. Good motivation to strive to have less body fat than most of the world!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Depressing.....I'm most like a someone from Jamaica

I have more body fat than 77% of females aged 15-29 in my country and I have more body fat than 90% of females aged 15-29 in the world