Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have less body fat than 81% of women 30-44 in USA, and 50% of women Globally. Not bad :)

but I'd like to get down lower. I'm still in an "adding weight" to the world (if everyone weighed like me) even if just a little. I'd like to be in a "removing weight" zone. 20-21 bmi type thing.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    This was really interesting, thanks for posting. Apparently my bmi is 19 and I'm below average both nationally as well as globally. I'm most likely from Vietnam. hahaha
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    I love this threat thanks for sharing,!
    having more 50% or 100 % fat then most of the people living in the world doesnt necessary means u can´t move.
    even thought i am arround 85 % more fat then most of women my age living in the planet, with less 13 kilos i will have a healthy weight . Theres alot of people bellow whats considered healthy weight .

Acording to the whes there is 925 million hungry people in 2010, not counting the people that are malnourished across the world

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world hunger facts 2002.htm#Number_of_hungry_people_in_the_world
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    India!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Not very accurate at all. I was told I am most like someone from South Korea and trust me my body type is far from it1
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My wife is most like someone from North Korea, and I'm most like someone from South Korea

There's going to be fireworks!
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    This can't be right, can it?
    I know loads of people much bigger than myself but it calculated me as having "more body fat than 100% of males aged 45-59 in the world" which by my thinking would make me the fattest 53 year old on the planet and at 19 stone 10 lbs. I don't think so, lol...

Above Rply to this
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :
    Well that made me want to kill myself.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh i,m with you on this
    Me too :-(
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    In metric I am like a Swiss person, in imperial I am like a Saudi Arabian. Huh?
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wahey, it appears, I'm fatter than 100% of the population of the entire universe combined! I am a behemoth beast creature from the planet MASSIVO it appears and therefore the fattest creature ever conceived of! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh: I love these things!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I am most like someone from Vietnam.

I have 97% less body fat than females ages 15-29 in my country (US)

I have 86% less body fat than females of the same age group in the world.

I'll take it- it's kind of cool seeing those numbers!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm below the national and above the world.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    That's a very innaccurate way to measure body fat. What if I were a body builder who weighed 350 lbs? I'd weigh more than a big fat guy.
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.
    LOL sorry but that made me laugh even though I know it's not funny......I'm assuming/hoping you are not serious???
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm most like someone from Albania.

I have 54% less body fat than females of my age group in my country (France), and 55% less body fat than females of the same group in the world.
  • carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    Currently I'm less fat than 65% of UK females aged 15-29 but have more body fat than 62% of females globally.

The good news is that in just a few months when I am 30 I will suddenly have LESS body fat than 55% of females aged 30-44. That's quite a big swing but I'm not complaining!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    It says less body fat than 92% of people in my age group in the US and less bf than 70% of the world in my age group.

Most like someone from Zimbabwe.

It's wrong, though. At least according to NHANES data and a DXA scan, I've got less body fat than 99% of men in my age group in the US.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My wife is most like someone from North Korea, and I'm most like someone from South Korea

There's going to be fireworks!

Haha love this ^^ :laugh:

I'm most like someone from Nepal apparently...
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    it says i've got more body fat than 99% nationally and more BF that 100% globally.. i say this is BS because i've seen more people my age that are much heavier with more BF than I... i want to know who did this research LOL
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I have less body fat than 96% of males in my age group in the US, 76% in the world. I'm most like someone from Madagascar