ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Options

Replies

• jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd be in the Philadelphia PA area. If at home I'm across the street from a Rite Aid and 2 blocks from a large grocery store. If at worrk, it's a large veterinary hospital that's sort of like a fortress.

I've got short little legs, but I do have the running skills. So long as they're not 28 days later types, yeah I'd be able to outrun them. As they're dead though without having to breathe, pretty sure they'd outdo me on endurance so running isn't the best plan.

My survival skills are my medical knowledge and triage skills. As I've worked ER for many years, I act on instinct and don't hesitate. I am also accustomed to vicious terrified animals tring to attack me and I am able to restrain with no-one getting hurt. I know how to treat trauma and shock. I can hit a vein like no other. I know what most drugs do and how to use them. My weapons knowledge is not great, but I'm damn strong for a little thing. When faced with horrible situations, I just act and do what's necessary.

Weapon of choice... if at work I think a spay hook through the eye socket would do nicely. Or maybe I could rig the rabies pole with gigli wire for a decapitation weapon. There's also bone saws, but I'd need to be in pretty close proximity. If at home, that's a little tougher. Any blunt force weapon I guess. Or a kettlebell to the skull.

Hired.... I shall call you doc..
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am all for turning into a zombie....
    As for preparing, I practice being a zombie to the best of my alive/human abilities.
    Like, I don't eat humans..... But I'm capable of catching neighborhood runners, assuming zombieholly keeps human hollys cardio-endurance :p

Under this sort of thought, id say if zombies can practice cardio we are pretty much all in trouble!!! OHHHH NOES!

I don't think being zombies would be a bad thing....
    I mean at first it will be pretty brutal, until everyone is a zombie, then it's like a whole new world...

Who would you eat if everyone is a zombie?
  • arbeebeeagain
    Options
    I am boarding myself and and family up in the nearest Costco and eating steak and suck until I explode.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    <~~~ joined the other side

*brains*
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    weapon of choice... my ak74 :)
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options

*brains*

"Sarg Dispatch this Crafty_B*tch" he said while handing the m4 rifle over.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Law Enforcement type job skills.
    This is fail...we all know they will be too busy eating donuts while being eaten by Zombies
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Already in training ... using the Zombies Run! App on my phone! ... addicting and fun! lol
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I would be able to keep up an 11 min mile and a half, but will find out tomorrow. I am doing the 5K obstacle course run for your lives! It is a zombie infested 5K and I am soooo excited!!!!

Here is the website if anyone wants to check it out www.runforyourlives.com

Anyways-my weapon of choice would be a machete, hedge clippers, or even a banjo (Zombieland anyone?)

I am doing the one in Ontario :)

Yay!!! You;ll have to let me know what you think of it!! When is it? I'll add you as a friend :)
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    Survival depends totally on security of a fortress. I would take control of a closed correctional facility as soon as possible and set up base. security from getting out = securitry from getting in!
  • jmcdaniel0
    Options

*brains*

"Sarg Dispatch this Crafty_B*tch" he said while handing the m4 rifle over.

Sigh.....

Sight......breathe..... Squeeze...... recoil.

and a distant thump.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    zombiescantswim.jpg

Chesapeake Bay, baby!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Actually, just remembered I have a lifesize replica Klingon Bat'leth. Yeah, that'll do nicely.
  • portalm
    Options
    Survival depends totally on security of a fortress. I would take control of a closed correctional facility as soon as possible and set up base. security from getting out = securitry from getting in!

Sarg I say we gather the troops and head towards Alcatraz... Its an impenetrable fortress surrounded by the Ocean.
  • jmcdaniel0
    Options

Sarg I say we gather the troops and head towards Alcatraz... Its an impenetrable fortress surrounded by the Ocean.

Negative ghost rider.... We willuse brushy mountain state pen... Still has Functioning facilities, Alcatraz is too dilapidated!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I would be able to keep up an 11 min mile and a half, but will find out tomorrow. I am doing the 5K obstacle course run for your lives! It is a zombie infested 5K and I am soooo excited!!!!

Anyways-my weapon of choice would be a machete, hedge clippers, or even a banjo (Zombieland anyone?)

[/quote]

AWESOME!! I was looking into doing the Toronto one in September :happy:

I think I'm doing a good job at prepping myself.
    I have an escape plan (I'm not telling you where, I don't want you stealing my supplies), amazingly stocked bug out bags, gear/armor, and mad snipin' skills!

Plus Friday nights are "drill nights" at my house.
  • portalm
    Options

Negative ghost rider.... We willuse brushy mountain state pen... Still has Functioning facilities, Alcatraz is too dilapidated!

Solid point ^
  • portalm
    Options

AWESOME!! I was looking into doing the Toronto one in September :happy:

I think I'm doing a good job at prepping myself.
    I have an escape plan (I'm not telling you where, I don't want you stealing my supplies), amazingly stocked bug out bags, gear/armor, and mad snipin' skills!

Plus Friday nights are "drill nights" at my house.
    [/quote]

Armor huh? sounds a little heavy!
  • panzerhaus
    panzerhaus Posts: 16
    Options
    Where will I be? Mid-Michigan
    we have a wood burning furnace, 2 yrs of wood, a generator, and lots of fuel. So will stay home as long as possible then head north...
    Could I outrun a zombie? A slow one yes a fast one no
    Survival Skills I can hunt,fish, grow my own food, save my own seeds year to year, and preserve my food.. plus I am very pragmatic and not afraid to get my hands dirty. Oh and mechanically inclined.
    Weapons of choice..guns first, bow second(yes i can shoot it already),chainsaw,ax, and then any edged weapon I can get my hands on!!!

And if all else fails hey brains are grey meat lol!!!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Where will you be when this occurs?
    Somewhere On the outskirts of Ottawa Ont

Will you be able to out run them?

Depends on zombie type, but yes

What survival skills do you have that will allow you to outsmart/outlive a zombie crisis?

lets see, I know how to butcher an animal. I can cook from scratch, can foods, I know how to garden and cultivate. Sew,
    I can hunt/fish if need be. I have worked construction so im handy with tools. I probably have other attributes, just can't think of them now. We have a fully stocked first aid and emergency kits

What is your weapon of choice after your ammuntion runs out?

Cross bow, compound bow and we happen to have an extensive knife collection. Though any big ol stick or crowbar could work.

Honestly I was never really into this whole Zombie talk, But my son has a passion for it (and preping) and my BF loves everything zombie related. So.....if you can't beat em join em.
    As a mom I support his passions, we now have 4 bug out bags, our (ZAP) Zombie Action Plan is in place and I we beggun prepping, We all know how to use the weapons mentionned above, hunt and survive in the wilderness.

And say the Zombie thing never happens....... but some other natural disaster does, we are good to go with out running water and food for quite a while. lol I like to plan ahead.

On a side note, they both really enjoyed Worldwar Z, its more political than the plain old blood and gore zombie book.
    I think (OP) you would enjoy it too.