What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SUndrop!!!:love:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    With the exception of a small slice on my BD, I haven't had cheesecake since December. Used to have it a few times per month. When I had it on by birthday is wasn't as big of a thrill as it used to be.... which is a great thing =)
  • thetealappeal
    thetealappeal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Soda and most fast foods.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    French fries. Loved 'em to death and still do but had to go.
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chocolate!! Truly miss it some days but I know it's really no good for me!

Also mixed grills used to be my favourite dish when eating out.. but at an average of 2,000kcals each they are well gone!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have given up on anything with empty calories like animal crackers and pretzels. I gave up soda (diet and regular). Other than that, I still eat what I ate before, just smaller portions. I measure my food out. I limit sweets to a few times a week and try to eat cereal rather than junk if I have a craving. If I indulge, I make sure it is only for something I love (like mac & cheese or chocolate cake). Also, if I take a bite of junk and don't absolutely love it, I don't eat it.
  • maverick_76
    Options
    I used to just gorge myself, like when I went out to eat I would eat for two, maybe three people. I have always been active but I just ate like it was going out of style. Now that I use this I realize that I probably was eating up to 5,000 cals a day, now its like 2000.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to eat garlic bread or PopTarts/Toaster Strudels in moderation, so I had to give them both up completely. I also try to keep chips out of my house, but I will occasionally break down if I'm having guests over to share them.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Regular pop and table salt
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Mostly chocolate. I have it on RARE occasions but I used to have it every day. Strangely enough, though ....I dont crave it like I did before. In fact, I hardly think about it.

But Mexican Coke is the big one. I LOVED that stuff. Havent had any since I started my weight loss. I do miss it but, again, I dont think about it much.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I haven't sacrificed much- or atleast it doesn't feel like it. Rarely do I eat out during the week. I do however enjoy eating Philly cheese steaks or hooters or something like that on the weekends. I have maybe one drink during the week but not usually- I should drink less on the weekends! I don't eat candy like I used to or cheese either. When I worked I never ate breakfast I always ate out for lunch (if I had time to take one) and many times I was starving by the end of the day that I'd end up driving through taco bell on my way home or we'd eat at the local Mexican spot. And at other times I loaded on cookies or bagels or lunch that was brought in to the clinic...horrible! Oh and I don't drink soda anymore and I don't miss it either!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    DR. PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: </3 Havent had one in almost 3 months now
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything I love, although, I am pickier about what I keep within easy reach at home.
  • Krystalmyth
    Options
    Pizza... definitely pizza. I can't justify it to myself. It's not super filling, yet has so many calories. It makes me cry that one slice can be higher in calories than most of my meals in their entirety. :<
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gave up Soda, Donuts & any food that has High Fructose corn syrup
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Jan 2011 after 23 year of it.....................I gave up being sick.
    I gave up having a entire bag of chips, or entire container of ice cream, or enough food at one sitting, for 3 people....
    I eat enough for one person now, and I log it, and be okay with it...
    Other than that.... Not much..... I still have everything I need, and I log it...
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    don't eat alot of fast food anymore and don't watch much TV (I'm glad I don't watch alot of TV anymore because never realized all those food commercials make you hungry and I don't snack hardly at all since I don't sit and watch TV and see all those commercials with food.)
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Plain white cake with vanilla whipped icing. OMG. My niece's birthday is just around the corner and I am so looking forward to having a tiny piece!! I havn't had cake in MONTHS!! I used to go by Ingles and buy a personal piece for myself...(hate to admit that) It even comes with a fork so it's convenient!! Also hot wings and fries.....i don't eat them nearly as much.
  • mmoroniz
    mmoroniz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have given up a lot of foods, but don't miss a lot of them, but what I DO miss a whole lot is CHEESE! I have a daughter that of course still eats it, so cutting it up for her is painful lol The other thing a cut back for a once in a blue moon is avocados, I used to eat them at least 3-4 times a week with sour cream and nachos lol all gone... miss it a lot, but it's alright.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    nothing. It's not a sacrifice because I love it so much. I guess the 4-5 hours a week I spend at the gym could be considered a time sacrifice, but frankly I need it for my sanity.