Gym Nicknames

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Probably:

Crazy dancing girl (Sometimes I'll boggie down between sets)
    Lip Synch-er (I do this when I do any kind of cardio. Helps me breathe)
    Crazy shorts (my husband bought me a bunch of wild workout shorts)
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Cardio Barbie...she uses the ellipical machine for 2 hours at a time and never increases the incline or the difficulty...hair looks perfect afterwards.

Affliction / Tap-out guy....Thats all he wears, he claims to be a MMA fighter, but never has any bruises, fat lips, black eyes, etc.

Treadmill texter...she texts on her phone while walking on the treadmill at 2 mph, 0% incline, while eating jellybeans...

GI Jane.... Angry lesbian lifting weights.

Fan guy....he always has the fan blowing on him ( and him only ) while he's training for that marathon on the treadmill. Hey guy... its 75 degrees outside and the wind is blowing....go outside.

Fat desk girl....she's the one that weighs 350# and works the front desk. Hey girl, you know you get a free membership cuz you work here, use it.

I can't say anything about our Zumba classes, because I don't speak spanish.....

BTW ...I am the farter, and the guys who sings 70's / 80's songs to himself......

OK, I admit it!

The "Crop Duster" I spoke about in my class....was really me. And I've done it more than once! :blushing:
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    since everyone is throwing out their nicknames for others, what do you think other people at the gym may have nicknamed you??????????????????????? :)

I will have to think about this one for myself...

"That Zumba Lady" - actually I KNOW that's what they call me...they call me that to my face (I teach Zumba there).
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Copycat: The guy who is right next to you and copies EVERY exercise you do with dumbbells.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We have biscuit.

She is a short woman in her 50s who insists on wearing spandex leggings that are too short (causing muffin top), bikini cut underwear that are too small and lower than the pants (causing muffin muff), a sports bra that is meant for a preteen (causing muffin back boobs, muffin under band and extra boob lumps) With a spandex top the same color as the bottom that is too tight to hide it all. It is a bright blue. Just like a can of pillsbury biscuits that you just whacked on the counter.

wow!
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    At the boxing gym we have:

The Bad Boy Frat Boy: He's the one that gives it his all, but is mostly interested in hooking up. Been suspended from work for fighting, etc.

The Lazy Mexasian: She does 3 seconds of each move then just sits there, even if the instructor is yelling encouragement

Breasts: HUGE fake tittays, and a tight spaghetti strap shirt and NO sports bra from what I can see. I'm pretty well (naturally) endowed, and I can't workout without one of my Steel-Cages-R-Us bras! How does she stay in her shirt???

The ones that have the perfect hair and makeup and half @ss their way through class frustrate me. I'm not looking to impress anyone with my looks at the gym, but if a guy takes notice, I consider it a bonus that he appreciates the way I look when I'm not wearing makeup, have my hair up in a ratty mess, and am wearing baggy sweatpants that are covered in embarrassing sweat stains. KUDOS to those guys! :drinker:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Captain OTT attends my gym.

Weight belt; check.
    Lifting Gloves; check
    Lifting Straps; check
    Oversize water bottle; check
    Constant flowing oral stream of broscience; check
    10 inch biceps; check

Commence alternating hammer curls performed only by the weight of his body swinging back and forth.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    since everyone is throwing out their nicknames for others, what do you think other people at the gym may have nicknamed you??????????????????????? :)

I am the "Sweatiest guy in the gym"! The Body Attack instructors gave me that name.
    I'm ****ing proud of it too! i weigh 265#, drink 1 1/2 gallons of water a day, and bust *kitten* in class!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Token - The one and only guy who attends my workout class. I think he secretly just oogles the ladies in the mirror

Cotton Candy - She comes in with full dyed, curled hair, full face of make up, no clue what shes doing and incessant need to run to the bathroom on breaks and respray this cotton candy body spray -- I gag alot!

Plastique - Her plastic surgeon is hella rich is all I'm sayin. Her face is like a jigsaw puzzle of celebrity chin. nose. cheeks, etc and DoesNotMove.

Jumpy Sisters - I dont think they are actually sisters, but theyre always together and when we're taking breaks, they jump and belly bump and try to *kitten* talk to motivate each other. One of them often texts during class instructions.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i like tap out guy. guy wearing cut-off tap out t-shirt, because his skinny arms really need showing off.

also mr. "biceps are the biggest muscle group in the body." he's found right in the free weight area, standing no more than six inches away from the weight rack blocking any one else that would want to use those weights. he'll do 20-30 bicep curls facing the mirror and grunt for 50% of those sets.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Store Bought--Her boobs never move no matter how hard she runs or jumps

Johnny Fitness-- Tries to personal train everyone (Store bought told him "If I want to look like YOU, I'd work out like YOU"

Capt Fantastic--He's a Captain in the Air Force and he is always saying...........................you guessed it

Idiot--not really a nickname for one person, just all those that hog weights/machines and take 10 minutes between "sets"
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The Hopper - an old lady who follows the therapy pool's aquafit class in the lap pool, dodging swimmers as she hops back and forth doing the exercises. I don't know if she doesn't want to pay the class fee or if she just doesn't like the warm water.

"Laps are Hard" Guy - this guy is easily twice as fit as me and spends two full minutes resting between each lap, breathing like he did 10 in a row without coming up for air. Oh, and he doesn't bother moving to the side while he is doing this. I've been tempted to push off of him before :laugh:

The "Fitness" Family - they come and swim in the lap pool, but the son is the only one who actually swims laps. The wife floats around on a pool noodle and we have to swim around her while the dad chats with everyone resting at the shallow end. Umm, can you guys come back for the public swim please?

Sometimes I wish there was a 'swimming - obstacle course' exercise to log my workouts as. :grumble:
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    since everyone is throwing out their nicknames for others, what do you think other people at the gym may have nicknamed you?
    Uhhhhhhh maybe Knock It Out Girl because I get in, do what I need to do, and get out. Also maybe Bookworm because I've recently started reading books as I workout. Still going hard though!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    YES!! I go to a different gym now, but these were a few of the characters at my old one:

Talks-to-himself guy (self explanatory)

Bookend - sits on the machines forever taking 5 minute breaks between reps

Pole Dancer - girl with a totally smoking body who ran on the treadmill like a horror movie chick in heels with her arms flailing in the air.

Joey Ramone - Howard Stern look-alike who actually stopped, got off the elliptical and took "jam breaks' to play his air guitar and whip his wet sweaty hair around.

Workout Barbie - (again, self explanatory)

Sir Sweats-a-lot - with no towel, and no interest in wiping down the treadmill after he dripped all over.

Then we had the anorexia twins...unrelated, but a guy and a girl who were both SO thin it was scary (one of the trainers actually cried after seeing the chick naked in the locker room).

Troll Doll...well, because she looked just like one!

OH...and the Hulk (dude with huge muscles who gave you the point & wink when you'd walk by....:laugh:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The only "regular" I've come across is the 60 year old Indian lady who shows up wearing And 1's paired with her full traditional garb...and sporting brown paper towels draped over her head.

And I didn't realize until now how racist my nickname for her is....
  • Tasha00
    Tasha00 Posts: 2
    Options
    Everyones nicknames are hilarious!!! I don't have that many...

Twins: They look alike to me but they are always on the elliptical or stair master blasting their music with BEATS headphones. I hear every curse word smh

Smack Woman: she is always in the sauna smacking her gum. If you hear a smack it's her! But I would like to thank her because if she didn't smack in the sauna I would never of been introduced to the steam room which I am addicted to now.

There he go: someone I have a secret crush on! Great body!

Precious: she always go straight to the front of my Group X classes and never can do every move but she is in the front faithfully.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When I went the gym, there was;

Newspaper man- He was at least 60, and he'd bring a newspaper in every time, and go on the bicylcles, and he'd go about 3 mph, so slow the time counter on the machine stopped!

Surfer boy- He always come in wearing surfer shorts and a tank top. Blonde spikey hair, he just reminds me of an Australian surfer.

The 'how old are you' girl- She's at least 16, and I've seen her go around to tons of other women, including me, asking how old they are, and then she's like 'WOW. THAT'S SO OLD/YOUNG, WHY ARE YOU IN THE GYM? YOU'RE TOO YOUNG/OLD'.

The Personal trainer- Some man who just walks up and down the gym with HUGE muscles and watches everyone else work out! The most I'd seen him to is go on the rowing machines haha.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thong girl: Always wears her thongs and white thin cotton shorts. Its not a pretty sight, trust me!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

The Trooper: This woman in Zumba who has 2 left feet and can't seem to dance on beat correctly, even though we do a lot of the same songs and I'm pretty sure she's been going as long as I have.

This is me in Zumba class, I am the most uncoordinated female I have ever met. I blame my left-handedness.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I would say either "That old guy who never talks" or "Anti-social old guy" There's a personal trainer who winks at me & calls me the "Silver fox" (gray hair) but I think she's just trying to drum up business lol!