12345679»

Replies

• AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Where will you be when this occurs?
    **Pittsburgh, PA***

Will you be able to out run them?

***Probably (being scared) will possibly be my means of RUNNING LIKE A CHEETAH!!!***

What survival skills do you have that will allow you to outsmart/outlive a zombie crisis?
    ****NONE**** I need to do some more stufying of ZOMBIES and what skills are needed to dispose of them properly!!!***

What is your weapon of choice after your ammuntion runs out?
    A BOAT...Zombies can't swim RIGHT? lol

Those are mine.... What are you doing to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse!?
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    *** Dictate the rest of this Seemingly lovely day in our zombie apocalyptic fantasy thread***

A cool winters day, as I set up into the sunshine, the breeze hits my face and fresh air flows threw my hair. It was quite nice to step outside, from the dank and dusty brushy mountain state prision. It has been nearly 3 months since our group have gathered inorder to escape the insuing chaos from this zombie apocalypse...

I know what you are thinking "Cliche, isnt it? a group of people gathering in a high security type prision?", well of course its cliche. Because thats what works. Who really thought a zombie apocalypse would ever happen? Well the answer to that question is actually fairly entertaining. A hell of a lot of people, thats who!

As I look out and see the morning watch preparing to switch shifts, I ask for a quick report. Sarge, a former military and gun slinger/marksmen steps down from the birds nest. "Business as usual, everything has remained fairly quiet." he said. "Great, go ahead and grab breakfast. I am fairly certain they have some high protein egg type food cooking in the chow hall." I respond taking his M4 carbine rifle with a eotech scope.

Suddenly I hear a rustle at the gate, then another, and another. I look toward Sarg hand him the rifle back and say "Check it out." Taking the weapon from my hands I turn on my radio and put my ear piece in. I climb up to the top of the Birds nest to get a better look. A group of people, unbitten and apparently uninfected. "Sarge," I call over the radio, "those people are in need of assistance open the gate and let them in, make sure the doc sees them first!" Sarge wheels the gate open allowing the group to enter when a man light skinned and musclar pulls out a .40 calibur H&K P 2000 and points it at him. "My wife is biten and is in need of medical assistance!" he says looking wearily and weak, yet determined to find a cure for his wife! "this man I have here was a scientist for the CDC and believes he can prevent the infection from spreading. We need a room that he can set up a lab, and any equipment that you have." Sarge tensely calls over the radio, nods and allows the man to enter.

***Does it get outta control*** Does Sarge let the mans wife enter?**** Stay tuned......
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i will be in Ontario

i will not be able to out run them so i will do my best to hide (working on the running thing though)

I currently have an “emergency zombie apocalypse go bag” packed and ready for when this all goes down (thats not a joke)
    i also have a plan for long term survival... my go getter attitude and ability to stay calm and focused in an emergency situation will help! I am a born and raised country girl who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty, i know first aid and how to live off the land... ill survive, will you?

A machette ... 2 would be nice
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Where will you be when this occurs? Pennsylvania

Will you be able to out run them? I can sprint short distances so yes. If we're talking a long marathon, probably not, but not many can. I can run until I find a tall tree and climb up.

What survival skills do you have that will allow you to outsmart/outlive a zombie crisis? I can climb trees (they can't), and shoot bullets and arrows down at them, which gives me a really good angle at their heads, which is the only way to kill them, anyway. I always got the best scores in archery class in high school so I am pretty confident that my bow and arrow skills will help me survive. I'm also really good at hide and seek, and if I cover myself in blood of zombies I've already killed, my scent will be masked and that will help while I'm hiding.

What is your weapon of choice after your ammunition runs out? A samuri sword
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *** Dictate the rest of this Seemingly lovely day in our zombie apocalyptic fantasy thread***

A cool winters day, as I set up into the sunshine, the breeze hits my face and fresh air flows threw my hair. It was quite nice to step outside, from the dank and dusty brushy mountain state prision. It has been nearly 3 months since our group have gathered inorder to escape the insuing chaos from this zombie apocalypse...

I know what you are thinking "Cliche, isnt it? a group of people gathering in a high security type prision?", well of course its cliche. Because thats what works. Who really thought a zombie apocalypse would ever happen? Well the answer to that question is actually fairly entertaining. A hell of a lot of people, thats who!

As I look out and see the morning watch preparing to switch shifts, I ask for a quick report. Sarge, a former military and gun slinger/marksmen steps down from the birds nest. "Business as usual, everything has remained fairly quiet." he said. "Great, go ahead and grab breakfast. I am fairly certain they have some high protein egg type food cooking in the chow hall." I respond taking his M4 carbine rifle with a eotech scope.

Suddenly I hear a rustle at the gate, then another, and another. I look toward Sarg hand him the rifle back and say "Check it out." Taking the weapon from my hands I turn on my radio and put my ear piece in. I climb up to the top of the Birds nest to get a better look. A group of people, unbitten and apparently uninfected. "Sarge," I call over the radio, "those people are in need of assistance open the gate and let them in, make sure the doc sees them first!" Sarge wheels the gate open allowing the group to enter when a man light skinned and musclar pulls out a .40 calibur H&K P 2000 and points it at him. "My wife is biten and is in need of medical assistance!" he says looking wearily and weak, yet determined to find a cure for his wife! "this man I have here was a scientist for the CDC and believes he can prevent the infection from spreading. We need a room that he can set up a lab, and any equipment that you have." Sarge tensely calls over the radio, nods and allows the man to enter.

***Does it get outta control*** Does Sarge let the mans wife enter?**** Stay tuned......

After realizing I had little choice but to let the guy and his wife in, I stepped a few paces back and motioned them on in. As they were walking in, I signaled my squad and the newcomers were ambushed, disarmed, and stripped down. after which, I initiated full quarantine procedures for all newcomers, and I segregated them in to individual holding facilities. My rationale is this, one Zed is easy, 5 Z's are tough. Knowing that the infection only takes a few days to set in and fully take over a healthy person I order 24 hour guards at every holding cell. They know what to do if the need should come up. I decide to guard the infected woman personally. I know one bite can cause a pandemic, this can not happen here. She is locked in a 6x6 utility closet, with nothing but a few bottles of water, and an MRE. Tough conditions? Maybe, but this isn't day camp. I get a wooden chair, Turn it around, and have a seat. I pull out my My model 1954 Colt .45, and lay it in my lap at the ready. I am in for a long couple of days.

****What happens?***** Is there a cure?********
  • portalm
    Options

After realizing I had little choice but to let the guy and his wife in, I stepped a few paces back and motioned them on in. As they were walking in, I signaled my squad and the newcomers were ambushed, disarmed, and stripped down. after which, I initiated full quarantine procedures for all newcomers, and I segregated them in to individual holding facilities. My rationale is this, one Zed is easy, 5 Z's are tough. Knowing that the infection only takes a few days to set in and fully take over a healthy person I order 24 hour guards at every holding cell. They know what to do if the need should come up. I decide to guard the infected woman personally. I know one bite can cause a pandemic, this can not happen here. She is locked in a 6x6 utility closet, with nothing but a few bottles of water, and an MRE. Tough conditions? Maybe, but this isn't day camp. I get a wooden chair, Turn it around, and have a seat. I pull out my My model 1954 Colt .45, and lay it in my lap at the ready. I am in for a long couple of days.

****What happens?***** Is there a cure?********

The next few days seemed long and hectic, the man whose wife turned out to be infected was an ex navy seal from San Diego, California named Jake. Clearly skilled in combat and tactical situations, he was part of the strike team that was to inflitrate the CDC building in San Diego and bring this scienetist who was supposedly the lead expert in viral and bacterial infections and the fore runner on the actual experiment that went wrong. After recieving his orders Jake full filled his mission to great effect. Returning to base only to find that a huge out break had occured. Most of the base laid in ruins. While fires burned and the stench of decay and rotting flesh blew through the air, he could think of only one thing.

His dear wife had been moved to the base to prevent this very situation from occuring. She was 3 months pregnant and not yet showing. Knowing what this scienetist was capable of Jake nearly lost his cool, pulls his gun from its holster and points it right at the scienetists head. "Tell me you can fix her!" Jake said stone faced with a voice so cold the shear mutter of his words made the scienetist shiver. "Of course, but we need to get to a secure area first."

After several hours of planning and scanning the air waves, he came across our Emergency broad cast.

**If you are listening to this, and can understand it, My name is Mathius Alexander Porta... I have gathered supplies, weapons and have a group of people living with me in the Brushy Mountain State Prision, Tenessee. Its not much but its secure and safe, and has anything you need, including medical supplies and a lab. Gather what supplies you have, what weapons you have, and anyone that isnt infected and approach our gates slowly. For if any of you are infected you will be shot on sight.**

Hearing this, and knowing that it may be the safest location possible, considering the terrain etc they spring into action. Gathering supplies, and anything they feel may be helpful to us, they load up and clear a path to an on base helicopter. It took them 4 hours flight time, but they were able to make it most the way. only actually having to hike about five miles to our gates....

*** Clearly unhappy with how he was disarmed by Sarge and worried for his wife, this stressfull situation seems to hit a boiling point when he realizes that we need actual living infected tissue in order to extract cells to start testing with for the cure.... the only living infected flesh around here just happens to be his wife.***

**In the next installment Sarge and Mathius have to restrain Jack while trying to extract a sample of flesh from his wife... Did we mention the scienetist said it requires about one pound of flesh in order to get enough DNA....***
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Dallas, TX. I will need to get out of the city, or I will be zombie chow.

If I can't outrun a shambling zombie then I deserve to be eaten.

What survival skills do you have that will allow you to outsmart/outlive a zombie crisis?

None. My amazing skill at Trivial Pursuit will be useless.

My Fists of Fury
  • portalm
    Options
    Fists of fury huh!?! not sure that would effect a decent killing power^^
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    <<<< US Army trained Combat Medic right here! My husband is a welder--blacksmith maybe!!? WE GOT THIS!:happy:
    **Positions needed**

Blacksmith

Chef

Gatherer

Medical

Team lead

Tactical

Defensive

Training/Developement

#A plan now is preventing failure later
  • mynextusername
    Options

On a treadmill...
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I just tried to find the "like" button for mynextusername. I guess my job will be zombie bait since my astute powers of observation are going to be diminished with the lack of coffee and bread.
  • Firno
    Firno Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested, there is an app in iTunes called Zombies, Run! It's a running game that you can use when running outside or on the treadmill. If the zombies are coming it tells you to run faster to outrun them. It looks fun.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

More than likely at work. I can see the cemetary from my desk and guns are not allowed on the premises.

I don't need to. I work in an office full of amazingly fat people. Awe-inspiring, really.

The ability to outrun the fat guy behind me. Every time.

Nike Free Run+
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested, there is an app in iTunes called Zombies, Run! It's a running game that you can use when running outside or on the treadmill. If the zombies are coming it tells you to run faster to outrun them. It looks fun.
    It is fun. Lots!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am concerned about eating back my calories lost from battling the zombies

LOL Dude proper fuel for your body is required when battling zombies! shoot if anything our bodies will need like 6,000+ calories a day from all the running and EPIC ZOMBIE BATTLES!

So essentially anyone thats not with the cardio and strength training now are probably doomed to becoming zombies! and anyone that is will never need to worry about being fat again!

Well, crap. I guess I should start the C25K program if I want to avoid being zombie bait or a zombie.
  • Dhellia
    Dhellia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Where will you be when this occurs? Winnipeg, Manitoba

Will you be able to out run them? Likely not... but I'm hoping I can use my superior intellect to my advantage

What survival skills do you have that will allow you to outsmart/outlive a zombie crisis? First Aid/CPR certified, good cardio, and a BA in Art History.... oh wait that last one doesn't do ANYTHING for me :D

What is your weapon of choice after your ammuntion runs out? Old fashioned bow and arrow... once I learn how to use one
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Where will i be: Cleveland
    Will i be able to out run them: Yeah i'm pretty fast and even faster when something is trying to kill me:bigsmile:
    What survival skills do I have: I'm a quick thinker and have basic survival skills.
    Weapon of choice: Sword or assassin blade:smile:

Have things tried to kill you before? You sound like you know firsthand that you're even faster in this type of situation ;-)
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Where I Will Be: Ontario
    Will I Be Able to Outrun Them: I just have to make sure I'm faster than the slowest person, that's all!
    My Survival Skills: I'm a good rock climber!
    Weapon of Choice after Ammo Runs Out: Flame Thrower
  • Nottle_Newts
    Options
    Where I will be: some place rural.

Will I be able to outrun them: Well, probably. Considering the fact that all their muscles and limbs are literally rotted.

What survival skills do I have: Survival stills are Key. A true Zombie apocalypse would be comprised of a lot less shotgun shooting and killing and a lot more boiling all of your water in a hole, eating only canned food, and bathing yourself in bleach daily due to the fact that any kind of disease capable of moving as fast as a “zombie virus” would almost certainly be airborne as well as in the local water and food supply.

Weapon of choice: Death ray, of course. This is all fiction, so think big.