Who is supported 100% or not at all, I am not :(

Options

Replies

• Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    hey girl i was in the same boat with u for 25 yrs. but that ended and now he is fatter than i am. but don't worry about him, u are the pretty one, just hang in there and when everyone is looking at u and smiling he will look like a fool. eventially they all do. just remember don't get even get ahead!

i support u 100%
    Trashy

Thank you so much I appreciate it :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I have my full support. 100%. Nobody else's matters.

Thank you so much I appreciate this :)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I used to be supported 100% - now I am supported 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time i am made to feel like my healthy lifestyle and exercise is a major inconvenience and a HUGE pain in the *kitten*. I also get - "Ok, you've lost enough, you can stop now"
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same situation but I can relate. My previous husband used to tell me how fat I had become (I was really underweight when we first got together). At any rate, you are doing this for you and although the comments may hurt (have you talked to him and told him how you feel?) You have to focus on the fact that you are doing this for you.

My current hubby is very supportive BUT I have lost and regained and he has become complacent. Any time I bring up what I am trying to accomplish he just says "I hear it all the time but you never seem to do what you need to do." It's hard when you feel you are not 100% supported. This is why I turn to my friends here on MFP. Feel free to add me if you'd like another friend who will cheer you on :)
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I'm not in the same situation but I can relate. My previous husband used to tell me how fat I had become (I was really underweight when we first got together). At any rate, you are doing this for you and although the comments may hurt (have you talked to him and told him how you feel?) You have to focus on the fact that you are doing this for you.

My current hubby is very supportive BUT I have lost and regained and he has become complacent. Any time I bring up what I am trying to accomplish he just says "I hear it all the time but you never seem to do what you need to do." It's hard when you feel you are not 100% supported. This is why I turn to my friends here on MFP. Feel free to add me if you'd like another friend who will cheer you on :)

Thank you I am getting so much support from everyone on here now love it
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    I used to be supported 100% - now I am supported 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time i am made to feel like my healthy lifestyle and exercise is a major inconvenience and a HUGE pain in the *kitten*. I also get - "Ok, you've lost enough, you can stop now"

Well u have us on here to show love and support to :)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    When my husband cooks and dishes the food up he has started measuring my food for me because I measure everything!!!! He stays away from my weight and doesn't ask me about it. But I don't feel my family supports me and I don't have friends in real life :frown:
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Since you are a beautiful woman, your husband is probably just jealous and thinks he might lose you if you take off your weight.
  • Vnhealth
    Vnhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am very much in your boat. My husband does that all the time, he makes fun of me, call names, praise other fit and trim women/girls if we go out for shopping or something. So I very well can understand your pain. It hurts and hurts very much I know because the person who suppose to be the best supporter of you is just doing totally opposite. He himself is not fit at all but even then feel proud to make fun of me. Now when I am seeing results and getting compliments all the time from friends that I am losing weight and looking good even then he never commented that he is noticing. I sometimes feel that he is jealous of me because I am losing weight and I CAN eat clean but he cannot because he has zero will power and a foody.

My family supports me infact they are learning to eat clean from me. But they are not with me and they stay very far from my place(in another country). So I dont have much of that support also. I am new to MFP so dont have any friends too. But I know I can do it. I CAN DO IT FOR MYSELF AND FOR MY KID. Without support. So my friend you can add me if you want and please dont think that you dont have support. You can do it you just need to realise the power of being woman.
  • Vnhealth
    Options
    I have my full support. 100%. Nobody else's matters.

Thats the spirit girl. I totally agree.
  • Vnhealth
    Options
    It must be so hard if you don't have your loved ones' support. My husband is 100% behind me and even supports me when well-meaning friends tell me that I must not lose any more weight. He knows my goals and supports me all the way, from eating well with me right through to exercising. Heck, he even did adult swim lessons so he could join me in the pool.

You are very lucky Sagetracey. You are blessed with a husband who really cares about you and love you.
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. I'm getting like no support from my husband. You know what though? This is my journey, and I'll make it without him if I have to. Maybe when I weigh less than him for the first time in our 10 year relationship, he'll be inspired to get off his butt and start encouraging me.

I feel for you though, I really do. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd be happy to support you and help motivate you! :)

Edit: And in fact, anyone here can add me. I'm always looking for new people to encourage and be encouraged by!
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I been on a diet before and failed so my partner and family have got the your no going to do it attitude but it's mainly my fault I know, so i'm just proving them wrong,

Also my partner works full time and me just part time so I mainly do cooking and because my partner is kind of guy that can eat anything and not gain he wont eat any low calorie meals as he's slim enough so I find myself cooking myself seperate which can be hard and closer to me giving up. but i'm plodding along lol
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    I'm supported 100% and heavily motivated. If you want support add me im on here everyday and I'll motivate you to do great :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I don't get the support here at all. Never have. I told my husband today I found a gym that only costs $12 a week. He then kinda got that look on his face that he was annoyed & said "that's good....I'm not going. I don't like gyms"... to which I got fed up & replied..."well I was not looking at it for YOU"

Not a great thing to say to me...but hell he says it EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to do something.... anything.... be it workout at home, or even going for a run. I'd had enough. Even while I was doing my workout just before I was only half way through & could clearly be seen puffing & panting (I work out hard) and there he is trying to get me to do something for him on the laptop... the same laptop that was currently playing my zumba dvd. I then paused that, paused my HRM & said I'm almost done. He walked out in a huff. I kept the dvd going till I was done. He always interrupts me half way through & goes "are you almost finished?"

Even eating, it's a task. He love his fish n chips. I used to but not now. So when HE decides that's what we are having for lunch...I have to work out what else is nearby. In this case (the best fish n chip shop we know) there is not a whole heap I can eat near there.... major strip...just a whole heap of junky foods.... so I have to walk 10 mins to get some sushi.... sushi that I would not even feed to dog it's that bad..... but cause there is nothing else.....I get no choice at all.

So no I don't get any support..... in anything.
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Men are extremely visual people, i'm sure one day if he suddenly notices a big difference he will start being more supportive.... hopefully for you. Otherwise, try not to worry about him because you are doing this for YOU and YOUR happiness! That's what's most important, it needs to be all about you sometimes. Good luck, you have plenty of support here :)

ETA- you've already lost 20 pounds! that's a huge diff, I didn't see that. Great JOB! Keep it up for you! I can't believe he has not commented positively on your great success.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I have to say, my hubby is amazing.

Her wont look at me/watch me when i work out.. which it awesome to me.. i dont want him to see my fat flappin.. even though i know he knows.. and dont care.. still. lol he also eats whatevr i fix.. rules stand.. if you are hungry after i cook.. make it.. ad clean up after yourself. he does. Good boy. lol

My daughter (the baby.. shes 13) gives me crap about running on the elliptical. she keeps my inhaler in hand and trys to force it one me.. bless her heart.. shes petrified im going to die. LOL! Sometimes i sound like it!!

My oldest,,, shes 15 and autistic.. shes called the ambulance on me twice in the last week. LOL! I was wheezing really badly & had a hard time getting it under control.... but in NO way needing help! well, daddy was working, ad she didnt know what to do, so she called. lol.. Thankfully, they are aware, called my phone and when i answered, they knew it was okay.

The sweethearts came out the second time to thak her for calling to take care of mommy <3 i love a small town!!

Anyway.. i am LUCKY, and im supported. I dont know if i could do it if i werent.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you're not getting the support you need :frown:

I can relate to how you feel. My husband is a bit of a pain in some ways, as he nags me about being overweight (which he dislikes - very much!) but he is not prepared to eat the same food as me. Infact, he regularly sits there with take-aways and wine or beer, whilst I'm trying to stick to my diet! But I think I am almost immune to it now, and just plod on, regardless (he is probably a bit overweight himself, but not as much as me, so I feel I can't say too much! :ohwell: Well, not yet anyway) Mind you, he is hopefully going to start doing some cycling with me (although I've only just bought the bike! He will use our son's bike, but neither of us are regular cyclists - so it could be interesting! :huh: But this is the first time he's ever offered to do any kind of exercise with me either. )

Friends and colleagues are not that helpful either, and are always trying to tempt me with foods I shouldn't have!

This weight-loss thing takes an amazing amount of strength and willpower! Hope you manage to succeed despite everything that is stacked against you :flowerforyou:
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Can relate there, my darling hubby is overweight, but now that I am almost at maintenance is very proud of me. I'm obsessive/compulsive because I spend so much time on MFP and same now I have a HRM (it really doesn't help) I have to be strong for me which is why I like MFP and my so supportive friends
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's why you have MFP friends. I completely understand. My boyfriends family and my friends, when i told them I was going to do insanity and eat healthy, they all took bets. The bets ranged from won't make it past week 1 to never gonna finish. Tommorow will be my last day of round 1 of insanity :happy: Then when it came to my family every time I would opt out of dinner with them (fried foods) to have healthy stuff they would all get irritated and say i wasn't eating enough. They wont support you in my opinon because it would cause them to have to look at themselves and change it is hard for a lot of people. I signed up for my fitness pal just for the support :laugh: you always have friends with the same goal in mine here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!