What book are you reading now??

Options

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Pecking Order by Omar Tyree...its actually pretty boring and the plot drags but i already invested too much time to stop lol
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    now i'm working on Catch-22. seriously great writing style. next up: Walden

I love this book so much. I found a seriously old copy of it in this amazing old book store in my town, sadly it closed down, but before it did I found that and some Hemingway novels. I love them.

I just finished reading a few books, I read the Hunger Games Trilogy, Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity, The Crying Tree, Hold Tight, The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time, Gone Girl, and The Last Romanov. I am currently reading Dani's Story: A Journey From Neglect to Love. I have read all of these since June 18th, when I got my Kindle. It has definitely reignited my passion for reading.

i still read on paper. i don't like reading online 'cuz it's hard on my eyes.

i loved loved loved the curious case of the dog.. i couldn't put it down once i started and read it cover to cover in one sitting.

and you might like the glass castle, too.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Easy Strength by Dan John and Pavel Tsatsouline

Convict Conditioning by Paul "Coach" Wade
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :wink: I am reading Ghost Walk by Heather Graham. I love her books!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bumping for suggestions later.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    for myself, when this class is over, i'll be reading 13 reasons why. :blushing:

OH MY GOODNESS, that book is so amazing!!! You will absolutely NOT be able to put it down until you're done!

I'm currently reading "When God Writes Your Love Story" and I'm also re-reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series because I'm a HUGE Greek mythology nerd. They're both great!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The red tent... Kind of interesting...
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating between A feast for crows, the magic of reality and re-reading American gods.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The Cypress House by Michael Koryta ... pretty good so far, a little over halfway in
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just finished "infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Now to find something new to read.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Drive me crazy - Eric Jerome ****ey ( <-- omg they censored the guy's name?!! Ugh anyway, its D ickey)

Just finished the 50 shades trilogy and Wild - Cheryl Strayed (oprah book club)
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm half way thru two books - randomn I know. 50 shades darker and mini shopaholic x
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I've read every book (so far) in the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) and the most recent "Celebrity in Death" is what I'll be finishing up today. I love that series. Usually I swap between a paper book and then a kindle book, but today I got 3 or 4 new books so I think I'll be starting "My Sister's Keeper" once I'm finished with "celebrity...".
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you liked The Hungers Games book by Suzanne Collins - try The Underland Chronicles also by her. It is a five book series - really good. I was introduced to those before The Hunger Games (both by my local library).

Just a suggestion for those of you looking for something new to read. I will be reading them for a third time very soon! :bigsmile:
  • Shambrocker
    Options
    War Brides by Helen Bryan. Really good book. I also just finished the first 4 books of the Game of Thrones. I needed a change so I went to War Brides.
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    The Memorable Thoughts of Socrates by Xenophon.

Just read Strunk and White for the first time recently, too, since I have had this nagging suspicion my honors and AP courses in high school were really lacking in the fundamentals and now I have but one English course between me and the real world. (I got 800 on my SAT Writing so I'm not super-duper concerned, but I feel like anyone can benefit from the good ol' "Elements of Style")

Oh, and I read "The Jungle" before that. If you need any encouragement to try eating more whole foods rather than processed/packaged stuff, I feel like that'll do it. I made the mistake of eating a (natural chicken) sausage before sitting down to read once... big mistake.

Definitely going to get something more fun to read when I finish Socrates this evening. I'm thinking a classic novel, but I don't know which yet.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Storm of Swords book 3 in the Song of Fire and Ice series ( aka The Game of Thrones series on HBO)
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What to Expect When You're Expecting.

Actually, I'm just scanning through it looking for pics.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn really really good

Loved it. One of the best books I've read. It read like I was watching a movie.