Where are you from and what is your favorite hometown food?

Options
Pacileo4Evers
Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
HI I'm Amanda and I'm from a little town in California called Rosamond we have some great Mexican food! I used to always get the flautas but now I try to stick with the Fajitas. Do you have any homemade/ favorite restaurant meals from your home town that you have had to change or modify ?

Replies

• CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im from Hawaii. I MISS almost all the foods there... One of my favorite is Musubi and Bentos that were just everywhere growing up.... Now I cant eat all the starch that surrounded childhood. Boooo!
    qn6v7q.jpg

24g0cw8.jpg

Im currently hungry =/
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long island, NY, and it has to be pizza.
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Options
    Callie that looks delish! And Pizza is always a hard one for me too!
  • danimal97
    danimal97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am from Texas (rural), and grew up loving everything fried. Yep, we even put LARD in our green beans to cook. Fortunately I hate the mess you make frying food, so I don't. (My extended family may disown me!)
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am from Texas (rural), and grew up loving everything fried. Yep, we even put LARD in our green beans to cook. Fortunately I hate the mess you make frying food, so I don't. (My extended family may disown me!)

Your banned from Texas effective now. How dare you curse the name of fried goodness!! lol
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontario. There is this great place where I live called Pierre's Poutine. So good. Real French poutine.
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Options
    I'm from Ontario. There is this great place where I live called Pierre's Poutine. So good. Real French poutine.
    what is it?
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    I am from New Mexico and my favorite dish is Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas! OMG sooooo good but probably well over 1,200 calories a plate.
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Poutine is French fries covered in gravy and cheese curds. It sounds really gross, but it is so good, but unfortunately so very bad for you. I get it once every year or so.
    what is it?
  • danimal97
    danimal97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well, except for chicken fried steak...not sure I can give that up! So, is that enough to earn a stay??
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am from Iowa and my favorite food I can get in my town is taco salad (not too many cal since I do not like the bowl and prefer to eat it topped with taco sauce), but if I go into the city, I love to get the chicken cesar salad at Panera Bread!
  • johnvargo112233
    Options
    Originally, Fayetteville, Arkansas and my favorite food from that area is grilled rainbow trout from the White River. Trout, salt, cracked black pepper and a lemon wedge!
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm from a small town in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. My favorite hometown food by far is the donairs from this little pizza shop down the road from where I grew up called Papa J's. You haven't had a real donair until you've had a Papa J's donair.
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm from a small town in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. My favorite hometown food by far is the donairs from this little pizza shop down the road from where I grew up called Papa J's. You haven't had a real donair until you've had a Papa J's donair.

Oh my goodness I was going to post about Donairs...and donair sauce yummmm! According to Wikipedia, you can only get donairs and garlic fingers with donair sauce on the East Coast.

I'm from Halifax, but I haven't lived there for 10 years. Every time I visit I have to get garlic fingers. And ketchup chips!
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm from Puerto Rico! I lovee mofongos, tostones and tilapia!
  • teddybear36
    Options
    I am from west Fargo ND and my all time fav is baby back ribs if they r cooked right they r so tender and juicy and fall off the bone
    and my other fav is pulled pork and chicken and don't forget brisket too lol
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm from L.I. Too and oh do I miss that NYPizza!
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    I'm from North Carolina and my favorite food would have to be BBQ.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm from Rhode Island and we have Hot Wieners. They're slightly different from the "coney island" type. it's a certain type of wiener in a new england style bun with meat sauce, mustard, onions, and celery salt on it. They are terrible for you and there's no good way to modify them to be healthy, so I just have it as a once in a while treat. I used to be able to eat 2-3 without a flinch, now I limit myself to one. lol
  • kbradshaw1985
    Options
    Kansas City. And BBQ, naturally.