Where are you from and what is your favorite hometown food?

Options

Replies

• sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and it's a tie between Kopps' Grasshopper Fudge frozen custard and Clock Shadow Creamery's cheese curds. Dairy state, indeed! :love: I try to limit my intake to once a month of each, but I do indulge.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Denver, Colorado, and I love our beer.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm from Rotterdam, The Netherlands. My favourite dutch food would be cheese!! Edam, Gouda, Leerdammer, Maasdammer, Old Amsterdam..young cheese, old cheese, herb cheese, smoked cheese, goat's cheese etc etc..yes I'm a real dutch girl in that sense, can always appreciate a good cheese sandwich.
    I also love our tradition of putting chocolate sprinkles on bread. It is a legitimate normal breakfast here, to have a sandwich with chocolate sprinkles.
    In winter I really love asparagus with ham, eggs, potatoes, and butter sauce.

Everything listed above..
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    I have lived in Central Texas most of my life.... I grew up eating TexMex and Texas style BBQ (slow smoked brisket, sausage, chicken).

Awhile back, I was relocated to North Carina, for 2 years, and was dying for those foods... hadn't realized how much I loved them. I probably gained 10lbs after moving back home :)
  • glenn1barber
    Options
    hello, I am from Danville, Virginia and I am a zuccinni bread freak. someone have a resipe that will bring the calories and fat way down:devil:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Born - Chatham, Kent, England

My favourite food was that great British favourite ... Poppadoms, Chicken Vindaloo, Garlic Naan all washed down with much lager :)

Live - Brisbane, Australia

Favourite food ... Errrr, I cook a lot ... Brisbane is great for many things but food isn't one of them ;)
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    I'm from West Virginia and there is this place that has been around since I've been alive that makes the best cheeseburger subs ever! Fortunatley I don't indulge all the time, but now I want one!
  • Polarfire6
    Polarfire6 Posts: 15
    Options
    Brisbane, Australia - Mango Pancakes from King of Kings Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown. One of the few things I miss about Brisbane!
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm from Maryland (born and raised) and the best thing is our crabs!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    biloxi, ms and crawfish!!!! :D i want some crawfish but i'm afraid to eat any in kentucky... LOL i so miss the crawfish boils. it's the only food i eat so spicy it brings tears to my eyes. haha
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    County Westmeath, Ireland.........
    It has to be Sunday Roast dinner!! Roast Chicken, Mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots, gravy, YUM.

OR
    Traditional Irish Stew with all the trimmings!!!

AND
    Tea of course!!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

24g0cw8.jpg

IS that spam sushi???!!!
  • chris82horseman
    Options
    Bristol, England and we have the Clarks Pie. :love:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Cincinnati, OH area and there's nothing like Graeter's mocha chocolate chip ice cream...especially after a Skyline 4-way :love: haven't had either in months and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

Bean or onion?
    I just love a good 3 way but my favorite is a Skyline chili cheese sandwich. Don't forget LaRosa's pizza.
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    hello, I am from Danville, Virginia and I am a zuccinni bread freak. someone have a resipe that will bring the calories and fat way down:devil:

Here's one from Cooking Light:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-bread-10000001072157/

I moved from Texas ten years ago. There are a lot of foods I miss, but I learned how to make my favorites at home. I still eat them; I just work them into my calorie budget.

The only exception is chicken fried steak. LOVE IT. However, it's a mess to make, so I won't do it at home. Surprisingly enough, Chili's does a decent CFS. However, I'm keeping that off limits until I reach my goal - then it will be maybe once a year.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm orginally from a tiny town about an hour and 15 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA. I looove Pittsburgh sandwiches, I can't wait to go home and get one this fall. If you've never had the joy:

http://primantibros.com/home.html
  • katze49
    katze49 Posts: 5
    Options
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario and there is a place called Joes Hamburgers in Richmond Hill, Ontario which serve THE BEST shawarma. Everytime i would go home to viist my mom we would go there for lunch.
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    Man, all of that sounds gooooood!
  • Roma_Tee
    Roma_Tee Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm from New Mexico and I love me some sopapillas with honey!! I can't find a Mexican restaurant in Chicago that even knows what they are.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am from the South of England (born in London, grew up in Hampshire and Dorset, moved back to London for 8 years, now back in Hampshire again). Best local food - clotted cream and apples. Absolutely. They are the two things we do better than anywhere else in the world.

Favorite local food - apple crumble with cream.