Replies

• MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    so tell me how you are not famished?
  • EliseVanca
    EliseVanca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to eat around 400 cals a day and that made me become seriously underweight and I basically became anorexic. Eat at the BARE MINIMUM 1000. and even that's low.
  • ghgs13
    ghgs13 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm really surprised by a lot of responses to this post. We know nothing about this person. It could be for medical reasons, they could be talking net rather than only consuming 500 calories. If you disagree with what they are doing, when they did not ask for your opinion but introduced themselves, at the most say so politely. You could just not respond at all if it upsets you. Swearing at them, even with the word blanked out, does not encourage anyone to be healthy, but shuns them from getting support they may have come here for. Sometimes people do things differently, sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes they are more correct than you are. Calling someone an idiot is not kind, and will get you nothing out of it other than possibly upsetting someone else.

New to this website, and this happened to be one of the first few messages I clicked on, and it was disappointing. I think I'll avoid the message boards in future.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Is this with HCG? I've known several people who have used it and they lost weight only to put it back on and more. You're better off using the recommended calories on MFP, exercise, water and time. You will find that those who are successful here do it over time with patience and discipline. What's the point of losing that fast? You're not going to stick to that 500 calorie diet, no one can. You need to figure out how you got to where you are and correct it. Learn to eat and exercise properly and make this a way of life, not a diet for 30 days.

Not a good idea in my opinion. Good Luck.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wow dude... i seriously doubt you'll be back to post in this thread after some f the things that have been posted in here.

in any case, i would suggest getting a referral from your doctor for a nutritionist. that person should be able to help give you ideas on how to get proper nutrition.

also for all of you insulting the OP, you're being jerks especially since you have absolutely no idea how overweight the OP is. i know that for people who are majorly obese and who need to lose weight ASAP for medical reasons (were not just talking about people who are 100 pounds overweight) they will very often be given VLCD where they are supervised.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    so you eat once a day? well of course you'll lose weight. any idiot with a brain can figure that out.

wanna know what else will happen? you'll be unhealthy, you'll lose your muscle mass, you won't be able to run up the stairs without being out of breath and you'll gain it back as soon as you quit.

try the old fashioned way. eat healthy, move more.

I eat once a day within a four hour period. I eat on average 1200-1500 per day with 2000 calories being normal on weekends. I haven't lost any muscle and have been losing body fat and feel more energized. Meal frequency is irrelevant here. I think we get scared of feeling hungry and thats why we are often all go hung on eating more!

http://www.fightaging.org/archives/2001/11/calorie-restriction-explained.php

http://www.crsociety.org/

http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on-Living-Longer-with-a-Calorie-Restriction-Diet/1

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2009/07/15/f-calorie-restriction-lifespan-extension.html

eh thats a lot different. I understand intermittent fasting. that is MUCH different than the diet that this woman is proposing.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if this is a medically supervised plan, don't even discuss it on these forums. You're gonna get ripped apart, and you will get minimal support, because very few people around here seem to believe you can possibly lose weight without eating under 1700 calories a day.

That being said, good for you for talking to your doctor and being proactive. Ignore the haters, and when the time comes to add more calories and more activity to your day, you and your doctor to decide what's right for you, Good luck and good health.

This ^

There are an extraordinary number of people on MFP who consider themselves experts over and above a doctor. I have always wondered why these same people did not enter into the medical profession really, they seem to know everything there is to know about everything medical....

apparently.......

OP stick with your doctor, do not ask medical advice on the forums, you are wasting your time.

Whatever the reasons you have for being on such a low calorie diet, it will not be understood on these boards - EVEN IF, you have been put on that daily amount due to health reasons or because you need to lose weight very quickly due to having a very important surgical operation.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to myfitnesspal
    Don't mind the trolls, they are fairly well fed, and despite their tendencies to eat people's faces, they are not starving.
    Just peel them off, toss them aside, understand that they feed off negative emotions towards them, and carry about your day.
    It's like bullies, eventually they go pick on some other thread.
    ENJOY
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a really bad add for dangerous supplement to me...
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    so you eat once a day? well of course you'll lose weight. any idiot with a brain can figure that out.

wanna know what else will happen? you'll be unhealthy, you'll lose your muscle mass, you won't be able to run up the stairs without being out of breath and you'll gain it back as soon as you quit.

try the old fashioned way. eat healthy, move more.

I eat once a day within a four hour period. I eat on average 1200-1500 per day with 2000 calories being normal on weekends. I haven't lost any muscle and have been losing body fat and feel more energized. Meal frequency is irrelevant here. I think we get scared of feeling hungry and thats why we are often all go hung on eating more!

http://www.fightaging.org/archives/2001/11/calorie-restriction-explained.php

http://www.crsociety.org/

http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on-Living-Longer-with-a-Calorie-Restriction-Diet/1

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2009/07/15/f-calorie-restriction-lifespan-extension.html

eh thats a lot different. I understand intermittent fasting. that is MUCH different than the diet that this woman is proposing.

I agree its different but to say its bad right off the bat without knowing the exact situation its kind of hard to know whats going on.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I can't decide whats more disgusting that the people are saying that they know more than what a DOCTOR recommended based on what they read online, or the remarks I read by these people calling this fella an idiot without even knowing him, or how most of the people in this thread spreading negativity are supposedly the popular kids on a support site.

Oh wait, this is a dejavu. This is like going back to high school...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I can't decide whats more disgusting that the people are saying that they know more than what a DOCTOR recommended based on what they read online, or the remarks I read by these people calling this fella an idiot without even knowing him, or how most of the people in this thread spreading negativity are supposedly the popular kids on a support site.

Oh wait, this is a dejavu. This is like going back to high school...

I'm not a popular user, I'm pretty sure. I don't even know who the popular kids are. >.>

But not all doctors are good at what they do and there are a lot of quacks out there. I've been to doctors who intentionally would keep me unwell and throw different medications at me just so I'd keep coming back and give them my money. I'm just worried that's what is happening here. If this is emergency weight loss for a surgery, fine. I just feel that it's unnecessary to starve oneself so much. It's just my opinion. >.<
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Your doctor needs to have his license revoked, he clearly doesn't understand healthy eating habits. You can do it but unless you plan on eating only 500 calories a day for the rest of your life, you will gain it back and then some. Why would you starve yourself like that? :/
    I'm not a popular user, I'm pretty sure. I don't even know who the popular kids are. >.>

But not all doctors are good at what they do and there are a lot of quacks out there. I've been to doctors who intentionally would keep me unwell and throw different medications at me just so I'd keep coming back and give them my money. I'm just worried that's what is happening here. If this is emergency weight loss for a surgery, fine. I just feel that it's unnecessary to starve oneself so much. It's just my opinion. >.<

You're discrediting a doctor based on your personal experience or from what you've heard and read? I have had bad experience with alot of women but I don't go around calling every woman I come in contact with a B**** because that would be ignorant of me.

We have no idea what he's going through. If you wanna give an advice, give advice like "Hey, this sounds awefully low and maybe you should get a second opinion" but you and multiple other folks on this thread just said things that will make this user very likely to never come back here when all he wanted to do was get some support. Also, you just insulted a doctor, a person who went through alot of years of education, without knowing ANYTHING about the patient....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hope you mean 500 calories per meal rather than per day...

That is awfully low and I can't honestly see how it is healthy or sustainable. Eating more means it will take longer to lose, but it is more sustainable, is healthier and with a life-style change will last a lifetime.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Your doctor needs to have his license revoked, he clearly doesn't understand healthy eating habits. You can do it but unless you plan on eating only 500 calories a day for the rest of your life, you will gain it back and then some. Why would you starve yourself like that? :/

You're discrediting a doctor based on your personal experience or from what you've heard and read? I have had bad experience with alot of women but I don't go around calling every woman I come in contact with a B**** because that would be ignorant of me.

We have no idea what he's going through. If you wanna give an advice, give advice like "Hey, this sounds awefully low and maybe you should get a second opinion" but you and multiple other folks on this thread just said things that will make this user very likely to never come back here when all he wanted to do was get some support. Also, you just insulted a doctor, a person who went through alot of years of education, without knowing ANYTHING about the patient....

Sorry, I distrust those in the medical profession in general. Maybe the doctors just suck in my area. And I know a lot of people that go through a lot of "education" but are still no smarter than anyone else. And if he wanted us to get a better picture of what he's going through, maybe he should have been more specific. And he doesn't need these message boards to lose weight if he has such an award winning doctor. This person could just be trolling or looking for attention. Just because someone is of a particular profession doesn't make them immune to criticism like everyone else. Doctors criticize each other all the time? Did they not receive similar training? So even if other doctors can't agree with each other, how are we expected to trust them when all they wanna do is shove medication down our throats and hope it works. :/
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes, I'm discrediting a doctor. Not because I think I know more than this one does, but because of the fact that the FDA has stated that prescribing this hormone for weight loss is fraudulent and illegal.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I need to lock this per the following guideline:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion.This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.