Facebook or MFP? Which do you prefer? Better friends?

Options

Replies

• Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Agree, MFP has a lot better supportive friends, even though I've never met a single one of them. Kinda sad when you really think about it :P
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I use Facebook and MFP in different ways so it's not a matter to me which I prefer. Facebook is for people I actually know; my family and husband's family, my old elementary, high school, and college friends, friends who I work with, neighborhood friends, etc. MFP is all about me losing weight and my fitness goals. I didn't know a soul on here when I signed up. It is nice getting to know people on here though. :smile:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I definitely like MFP better than facebook now.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I have better friends on Facebook, but I come on MFP more.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Neither.. Just another website to waste time to.
    The only difference is if you either waste it for its benefits, or just to kill time.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yup! My FB friends do not have the same healthy/fitness related interests as me; and, further, the only thing I seem to learn on their is how boring some of their lives really are. It was nice to reconnect with old friends in the beginning but FB is no longer a place for me. I come here ALL the time to learn and join with like-minded people.

I vote for a LIKE button and a NOTIFICATION list. :)
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No contest.....MFP rocks!
    Facebook is where I share photos with the family and friends, and that's it.
    I have 3700+ friends and yet MFP is the staple of true support in my life.

There isn't a day that passes where I am not tempted to deactivate FB.

This ^^^ Although I don't have nearly as many friends ;)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like both equally; they don't serve the same purpose for me, so I can't compare them. I use MFP to track my fitness progress, and utilize the support offered here. I use FB to keep in touch with my friends and family back home (I now live out of state), and maintain envolvement as best we can from opposite ends of the country. Weightloss is not my entire life; I have other interests and goals, and FB is a better environment for them.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    FB sucks and they have no consideration for your privacy. I only use it to keep up with old co-workers and family.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Facebook: A large room full of peope I care about (for the most part), who know various unsavory details of my life through either experience or rumor. People who care about me (for the most part), some of whom care enough to click like, and an even smaller group who care to comment. People whose opinions of me affect me greatly only because of the connections they have to other people in my life, whether at my job or in my social circle. A social dance I feel obligated to participate in so as not to hurt anyone's feelings and skew their perception of me the wrong way. A way for everyone I know to constantly prove to the world that they are funny/witty/smart/hot, read their obnoxious inspirational graphic posts, and see a neverending stream of bathroom mirror pictures. A place where I am afraid to post my true feelings about anything; where I am forced to put on a smile and a happy status no matter the circumstances so as not to get a barrage of comments telling me how much worse it could be. A place where I don't talk about anything important because so many people will openly, and loudly, disagree or tell people who are not on my friend list what I said. Networking, pressure, opinions, arguments, sarcasm, social anxiety. Too much exposure, too many people, only a small percentage who truly care. Everyone else merely keeping tabs on you.

MFP: An even larger room full of people who cheer and celebrate no matter how few calories I burned today. People who don't care what I screwed up (or how badly), and never hesitate to comment on my status. A group of people who never feel jealousy or hatred, just pure support. No opposite political leanings to worry about, no strained personal relationships. Support without complications. A social place without the pressure of networking or the negativity that can come from being too close to people all the time. A place where I know I can go if I'm having a hard day and no one will chastise me for not being "grateful for this day." No religion or politics, no contraversy. People who care, not because they feel obligated to, but because they chose to with no strings attached, nothing to gain from being your friend except your friendship.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like FB better. I met a lot of interesting people on both sites, but the people of FB I actually physically know. Well, most of them anyways. :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Facebook is ok, I just keep a profile to see what everyone is up to and keep in touch. I'm on FB everyday, but don't hardly do anything except read my news feed and look at a few pics. I spend much more time on MFP!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I go on these sites for two completely different reasons.
    Facebook is to keep in contact with my family and IRL friends (from high school ect.)
    And My fitness pal I am strictly here to try and lose weight.

So I don't really compare the two.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love them both, Facebook has more of my family and friends that I can talk to when I need it. I feel closer to my friends on MFP because we all the same goal in common. Although FB has more features than MFP. I feel both sites offer things that we enjoy and need.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    MFP all the way!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Like many have mentioned, FB is a place to stay in touch with people all over the country that you wouldn't otherwise be able to communicate with! But MFP is a place to go for inspiration on your weight lose journey. Each has it's own benefits in my opinion!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    MFP for sure!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I look at Face Book about once or twice a month. I look at MFP multiple times everyday.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP more than Facebook. This is my new Facebook. All of us on MFP are working on the same goal; we encourage each other, and can relate to each other.
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't add people I don't know FB and I don't add people I DO know on MFP.

This ^^^^^^

Apart from the fact I think I'm on here more than FB.

I could live without FB but not sure I could live the healthy life I am without MFP