Calling all ripped in 30 people

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this DVD also. I spent 1 week each on level 1and 2, but I am doing levels 3 and 4 for two weeks each. I am now on my second week of level 4. I definitely think that Level 3 is the hardest in this workout. (Those duck walks SUCK!) I have lost about 4 pounds since I started (at the end of April). I will take my measurements when I am finished this week. You guys are doing Killer Buns and Thighs next? I was considering making that next in my Jillian rotation. I have already done the 30DS, Six week six pack and am alomost done with RI30.

Yes I made a group for KBT starting June 11th if you're interested :)
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 today after completing Jillian's 90 day Body Revolution. I didn't feel that it was as challenging as BR but I'm sure it will pick up by week 3. My question is, is everyone doing the same workout for a whole week straight? I thought we are supposed to alternate days for muscle groups? I would think it would be excessive work on the same muscles for 6 days straight.
    Oh and by the way, my knees are killing me! Does it get worse for the knees as the weeks progress?

I was doing two days of each level, than a day at the gym running, then 2 days of the video, then a day at the gym and then a rest day.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Ok, first time doing Week 4, and WOW! It was hard to complete, but the kind of challenging where I felt I will get better. I feel good about the effort! Five more days to complete, and then it's on to the next JM video. I don't think I have enough coordination or height to do those scissor kicks.

I couldn't do the scissor kicks cause I thought i'd fall into the TV lol
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    L3 tomorrow!!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    L3 tomorrow!!

How did it go?
  • mschrein
    mschrein Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Its very motivating to read some of these posts. Im on the last level of 30DS and done on Friday Im going to take Sat and Sun to rest and then start Ripped in 30 on Monday. wish me luck lol
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm about to start week 2 and will post pictures for Before, Halfway, and After. Can't wait! Because along with a clean eating way of life and just that first week with a little running thrown in, I'm already seeing cutlines!
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing level 1 and I hope I have such great results as you guys!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Its very motivating to read some of these posts. Im on the last level of 30DS and done on Friday Im going to take Sat and Sun to rest and then start Ripped in 30 on Monday. wish me luck lol

good luck! and congrats on finishing 30ds
  • TamraMarie
    Options
    Cindy,

I'm beginning Ripped in 30 tomorrow, and bought 3lb weights for it. Like you, I struggle with my upper body strength. Throughout my weight loss journey (240-150) I have never lifted a single weight, or done any exercise videos. I was just wondering if you've been seeing results? I'm afraid if I don't go with the 5 lb weights I won't see a change.

Btw Megan you look fantastic! Awesome job!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Cindy,

I'm beginning Ripped in 30 tomorrow, and bought 3lb weights for it. Like you, I struggle with my upper body strength. Throughout my weight loss journey (240-150) I have never lifted a single weight, or done any exercise videos. I was just wondering if you've been seeing results? I'm afraid if I don't go with the 5 lb weights I won't see a change.

Btw Megan you look fantastic! Awesome job!

Yes I can feel my arms get stronger and I've lost inches around my arms and can see some definition :) good luck girl
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    check out my blog sweetendeavor.tumblr.com

I posted before and during pictures. I'm doing week three now and moving on to week four soon. It's a great DVD and I lost three pounds already when combining the DVD with calorie cycling (or zig zagging). I'm also way more toned.
  • TamraMarie
    Options
    Yes I can feel my arms get stronger and I've lost inches around my arms and can see some definition :) good luck girl
    Awesome! I can't wait to tone up my "bat wings".

I'm really excited to get started! I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to leave. It might get ugly in here, so I don't want to exercise when he's home.

sweetendeavor: I took a look at your blog, and your results are fantastic. You are fit, woman!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    LOL i kick my boyfriend out when I do the dvd's also. I'm doing killer buns and thighs now and can def see a difference in the lower half now too, so try that next :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good to see this thread still alive.

I have started RI30 again. I have the buns and thighs and hope to start that next.
  • Cindym82
    Options

I have started RI30 again. I have the buns and thighs and hope to start that next.

Good luck hun!!!
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Good luck hun!!!

I'm starting it again today!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7044-ripped-in-30-challenge-summer-2012

Join me !!! :)
  • sambosmitty
    sambosmitty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just about to do day two of week 1...The back of my thighs are killing me!!!! I had to walk the stairs at work like a little old woman!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!