2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Ok hello ladies. things have been hectic. Storm killed power, cable, internet, stop lights, closed stores, etc. Then July 7th our BBQ for everyone who could not make it to Mexico, the AC died. But what can you do?

Anyway I am 2/7 today. I started the bridge to 10k program, so I should be upping my mileage.

@ Debra Tenants can be the worse. I am also in the process of evicting a tenant. It is only month 2 she has been in there and has not paid rent for June. Luckily I turned my property over to a Property Manager because in 8 years all of the tenants have been just plain awful in one way or another. I always ask myself is it worth it?

Hope everyone is doing great
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    3/7 2.5 miles so far. It's cooler now in SC in the 80's so I was able to walk outside.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    3/7 with a 4 mile run/walk on the TM and another mile walking my furry kids!
  • vhuber
    4/7 with a 20 mile bike ride before it got too hot!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Ugh, I have totally sucked this week! I am still at 2/7 with weights Monday and Zumba Tuesday. :ohwell: Yesterday morning I could have had the perfect opportunity to workout before work. Blake woke up around 5am, and I should have just fed him in his room and put him back down, but I was lazy and brought him in bed so I could lay down and feed him, and naturally I just wanted to snuggle and didn't get up until I absolutely had to in order to get showered/ready for work. Utter fail on the workout front. I thought that maybe I would get up this morning, but last night was a bad night for him so I didn't get much sleep at all. I guess I need to grasp every opportunity when it presents itself! But I will get workouts in this weekend because I am off. So hopefully I'll be at 3/7 tomorrow.

Keep up the great work ladies, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Hope it's a good one for everyone despite the date! :wink:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Oh Heather... I am in the same boat... at least you have a precious reason...snuggling with baby.. I have just been in a bit of a funk! We have had ball games that have had us gone fromt he house 3 nights this weekend until after midnight! I took on a couplesewing jobs and I was busy working ont hat during the day... plus some special things I am trying to finish up! I am only 1/7 this week and that was just a little walk Tuesday night... oh goodness.... I haven't even had time to swim...and thta is usually what I do..about 40-50 laps in our pool.... Will finish up here for motivation and then try to get a swim in. I have to run to town for concession supplies later... so I better get moving!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • vhuber
    I tell myself IF I can't workout then I must eat less or have better food choices !!! Just do what you can ladies!!

My 5/7 was a fast 2 miles on the elliptical today!!!!
  • ivykivy
    4/7 yesterday with 1 mile and weights
    5/7 30 min with leslie

I hope you ladies (and me) will get the mojo back. I have no excuse though I am not working.

Have a great weekend
  • makeitallsue
    Hey Beautiful ladies... I did get a swim in yesterday.. yipee 2/7 for the week... ok, maybe not a "yipee" moment.. but I did get it done and Verda... I must of got your message, we went out for a birthday dinner for my husband last night,,, ( his birthday was Monday, but with all the tenat crap..we were not able to go out)... we went to our favorite mexican place.. I did have a maragitta, but I brought most of my meal home! I have to start eating better... I have just been eating whatever I want.. and with this peri-menapausal body... my gosh the weight creeps back on QUICKLY!!!

I am vowing for no less than 5/7 this week... who knows when I get back from baseball today, I might try to get another day for this week. I will let you know!
    Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Great job on the swim and the self control at the dinner out Debra! And awesome work as always Verda! Ivy, glad to see you're still going strong too!!! And I've seen Aila logging workouts, but she must be too busy to check in here right now.

So I am FINALLY 3/7 for the week with a 3 mile treadmill run plus w/u and c/d walk. My hip bothered me just a bit--maybe the pain was a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but it seemed to get better the longer I was running. But OMG--it is unbelievable how quickly endurance goes down the toilet. Before I went back to work I was running 3 miles all the time and my HR was exactly where I want it, and now it is WAY higher than I like. I guess I am going to absolutely have to find the time to run at least 2-3 times per week if I don't want to totally lose my endurance.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. Planning to hit the weights tomorrow, so I'll check back then! :smile:
  • vhuber
    Debra, you did ood girl!! proud of ya!

Heather, I agree on the endurance! Just in 2 weeks I could tell when I hopped on the TM a couple of days ago! Plus I think I may have some asthma, cuz it is almost wheezing and I know I am not out of shape to be wheezing! right? You will hit that level that you had before and it won't take ya very long! maybe check into some yoga for that hip issue cuz it may be all it needs is proper stretching!

Ivy way to keep pushing forward!!!!

I ended the week with 6/7. Today was a 3 mile fast walk with my furry kids!
  • ivykivy
    6/7 3 segments of the firm and 1 mile with leslie

I second on the endurance. Where I was this time last year or even 2 months ago is totally different. You'll get it back Heather!
    Glad you were able to get something in Debra. The thing about the tennet - he may have said some bad words to you but you are still the one holding the keys. :wink:
    Verda thanks for the encouragement.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey ladies! Happy to report that I've earned my 1/7 today. I did a 1 mile warm-up run and then did about 20 minutes of weights from the New Rules of Lifting workout. And Verda, thanks for suggesting yoga. I bought the video when I was having hip issues over a year ago (the other hip!), and then I did PT and that fixed it. So I pulled out the video which is focused on low back and sacrum, so hopefully it will fix the little tweak if I do it consistently. I did feel a bit better afterwards!

Hope everyone has had a great Sunday!!!
  • vhuber
    Ivy, you are so very welcome!:wink:
    Heather, glad the yoga suggestion helped!

My 1/7 was a 11 mile bike ride plus Jillians Body rev series (JMBR), yep I started again. It is good and you definitely get a good workout!
  • makeitallsue
    Hello friends.... Sorry the weekend gobbled me up! The double header on Sat was long and heart breaking... we played horrible... that is so hard to watch... we have really been in a slump... we have another tournament this weekend and then the Wolrd series... I am afraid that the boys seem burned out.....

I was pouty- patty Saturday when I found out our diamond has to host the opening rounds of the tournament... which means I have to schedule 4 more games with supplies and workers and I thought last weekend was my last game... it kinda ticked me off that noone asked me if it was something that I could do????? I know I have been in a bit of a mood... but REALLY???

ON the good news... I did come home last Saturday and went for some laps in the pool... and I also stretched out a bit in the water...felt great!
    Started off htis week 1/7 with a trail run/walk early in the morning... then went back to the diamond and helped mow and clean up the diamond... I mowed about a thrid of the outfield.... :bigsmile: and did some weed eating

I was thinking about a run today Heather... gosh it has been a while since I have jumped on the treadmill.... we will see how that goes for me.....Great job getting some lifting in!
    Verda.... Hello and I wore my visor and all the ladies asked what it meant on Saturday... were your ears burning??? I was talkin about the beast that you are all day!
    Ivy, Thanks... I am sorry that I let one person, whom is obviously not worth a cent... get in my head like that! I am still trying to decide what is best... I have been looking into cleaning services to help me out a bit... and I am documenting everything and plan on taking legal action... I just know he is turning out to be ...let's just say, "not a stand up guy"... so I highly doubt that he will even ever pay us... I imagine he will skip out... he is acting like he is like that .... live and learn
  • ivykivy
    1/7 2.5 miles
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hi all. These days my workouts are hit or miss. Sometimes I can get up and get it done, and other days I just dont feel like it. I know I have to get back on it like I was, but this summer has been very full. 2 nieces from florida and my nephew that lives with me are in MD for a few weeks. So I go to my sister's house daily to help out because my nephew is good during the day but when it is time to sleep he wants a familiar face, as well as when he wakes up. So if I want to get a work out in I have to head out early in the morning. Yes these are excuse and I must do better.

So with that said today I am 1/7 with 3 miles. I was able to get a few runs in at 35 mins but mainly my time is around 36:30-38 minutes just depends. I am working on being more consistent and putting a little bit more into my runs.

Hope everyone had a Happy Monday.
  • vhuber
    Way to go Ivy and MRS thinktank (:wink: )!!!

My 2/7 was a 4 mile walk with the furries before it got to hot, mowed grass for about an hour and then did my JMBR workout! Burned over a thousand cals!!!!:drinker: :drinker: But I also did something mowing and now my right sciatica is bothering me!:grumble: Hope it is bettr tomorrow!
  • vhuber
    Debra, I was hoping you would get good use of that visor!:wink: You calling me a beast made me laugh but really you should talk, Look how crazy busy your life is!! I sure wish I could help ya on the rental, what about paying some college age girls? They could always use the money and if you are there they can't really screw up anything or cheat or run off:laugh: !
  • vhuber
    3/7 with an hour of yard work and 45 minutes on the TM & elliptical. The sciatica is making it a little tuff to do certain things so I may see the chiro sometime tomorrow!