Any temptations by your gym

Options
morningmud
morningmud Posts: 477 Member
My former gym was in a shopping center with a deli, a Japanese restaurant, a Chinese restaurant and right next to a Mexican restaurant (my favorite, and I could smell the yumminess coming through the walls). My current gym is next door to a bar, which is more annoying than tempting.

Replies

• elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Mine is across the street from a Mexican restaurant. At boot camp on Friday nights (when we all wish we were on the patio drinking margaritas and eating guacamole) we run outside and just smell it. :(
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It seems like every gym I have gone to in Texas has a liquor store close by.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Mine is in my office building. So thankfully, the only temptation is to break my "don't dip your pen in company ink" rule.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    There's a Panago and a Tim Horton's right beside my gym.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    lots of chicks.. wait thats not what we are talking about here is it
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    Outside mine is a Grandy's and Chick-Fil-A. The first week I started to the gym, I felt like it was torture. Some days if i'm starving I think, wow, that smells good.
  • woolergy
    woolergy Posts: 5
    Options
    There is a bread factory near my gym. It often smells like doughnuts. There should be some law against that.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt... the kind where you can add your own toppings. Thus far, I've taken my kids twice but haven't purchased any for myself (OR snitched so much as even a little bite from them!)
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    nope nothing near my gym just a gas station :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    the only temptation my gym has is its own protein shake bar. So-- Im good.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Mine is in a little strip mall with a Quiznos and a Little Caesars which is not fun after my workout. There is also a Burger King across the street and a Perkins next door.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    In the same parking lot, there is a Farrell's Ice Cream parlor. Home of "The Trough"

Also, Hawaiian BBQ, Hometown Buffet, On The Border, Starbucks, Tasty Goody Chinese Crap, McDonalds and Panera Bread.

My gym is SURROUNDED by caloric explosions of foodishness.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    thought this was going to be a thread about yoga pants
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    There aren't any real temptations outside of my gym, but once a month INSIDE the gym they have free pizza in the evening and free muffins and bagels in the morning. It's just....ridiculous!
  • MoYo78
    MoYo78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Taco Bueno... calling my name EVERY time I leave the gym... right across the street. I flip it the bird and drive on... Take that, fat! =)
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Little Caesars. :(
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    thought this was going to be a thread about yoga pants

lol
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    An Amazing Thai restaurant right next door to my gym... they do take out too.. *sigh*... If only...
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Cute trainers every where I look....I think that's the biggest temptation. Other than that, nothing really.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Mine shares a parking lot with Fox and Hound Resturant and a Subway. It's also by a Portillios.

Since I don't understand the obsession with Portillios and think it's ridiculously over priced, I never go there.

Subway to me is disgusting and there are way better sub options.

Fox and Hound is Ok, but again over priced.. and I'm cheap.

So yea there are temptations.. but I never give into any of them!