I HATE water

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I really can't comprehend how some people don't like water. How can you not like water? It's WATER! Our life source... so strange to me.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I really hate to drink water. I am so addicted to Pepsi, altough I have cut down to 1 or 2 cans a day. How do I get to where I can drink more water?

crystal light?
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    Drinking water out of a straw also really helps.

YES! I drink so much more water if I have a straw vs. a plain glass!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am fine with water in general, but sometimes I want something more. I think the fakey sugar flavored seltzers are gross on their own, but I find if I fill a huge glass with ice and tap water and then finish it with a splash of fruit flavored seltzer (like one ounce to 16 of plain water), it tastes like something and goes down easier.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I dislike water as well. I've started making homemade iced tea with a little oj & a little real sugar. I could drink it all day. I make a gallon about every other day with a cup of sugar & a cup of oj. It probably has too much sugar!

A cup of sugar has almost 800 calories.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    VODKA looks like water
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was drinking at least a liter of diet cola a day. Honestly I just quit - I did not look back and stopped drinking it. For the past two weeks I have had 2 small glasses, I admit it I miss it, but I am drinking the water now.

Good luck, only you can make the difference and you can do it!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Try the drink mix--you put a package of mix in 16 oz of water. It flavors the water, and MOST of them are only 10 calories for 16 oz. (Some are 30 calories.)

Something I found this year is Crush. Do you like Crush strawberry/grape/orange? The mix tastes JUST LIKE the pop. They also have Squirt, but I'm not really a Squirt drinker. The ONLY place I have ever found the Crush drink mix is at Dollar General--and I hear they only sell it during the summers.

Something I found last year is Hawaiian Punch. Now I grew up with Hawaiian punch drink, and I didn't like it. But I really enjoy the other flavors they make. There is Hawaiian Punch green berry rush (my fav), berry limeade (second fav), blue berry typhoon, lemon berry squeeze, and maybe 5-6 others.

And Ocean Spray has several flavors. They are hard to find. In fact, I don't know where they are sold right now. Haven't seen any in the past month.

And, of course, there is Crystal Light.

These flavors make it SOOOOOO much easier for me to drink water.
  • boswellheather
    boswellheather Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make iced tea and sweeten it with sweet and low and also Mio, a water enhancer i found at target tastes really good :) oh and crystal light also has individual packets and such but the first two are my favorites
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I think MyBrands.com has some items. I think that's the name. They have hard-to-find products, so you can get the drinks sold only in the summer on line during the winter.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I always add cut up fruit to a big jug of water every morning, tastes great with no added sugar (other than what's in the fruit) and it's cheap!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Maybe its the temperature that puts you off. (Room temp water isn't the greatest) Buy a Hydroflask & you will always have super cold water with you. www.hydroflask.com They're expensive but well worth it! I take mine everywhere!
  • bugginbri
    bugginbri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate water as well but I do find that I drink more when its through a straw. I have a camelback water bottle. My goal every day is to drink two bottles. That comes to about 6 8oz cups of water per day which is WAY more than my typical NO cups of water per day. I also think that I am dropping weight faster because I have increased my fluids.

I also like to squeeze lemon and add a packet of sweetener to a glass of water.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm struck by the large number of people who say they are/where addicted to soda AND hate water. Cigarettes are highly profitable due to addiction. Soda is too.

I kicked my soda habit, to save on health care and food costs. However, I can never remember saying I "hate" water.
  • andrea1904
    andrea1904 Posts: 31
    Options
    I bought a water bottle from Costco named Contigo, The water has a built in straw and serves up to 24oz= 3cups of water. I can't even tell how much water I drink with the straw for some reason. It's made it way easier for me to drink water now. I can't drink as much from a normal water bottle or cup even if I try to. This water bottle has helped me and it may help you as well or one similar :)

You can check it out on amazon.com . If you want to check it out here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-AUTOSPOUT®-Addison-Charcoal-Honeysuckle/dp/B006P4BR3E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342594054&sr=8-4&keywords=contigo+water+bottle+24+oz
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    oh wow... i looooooove water.. in fact cant stand flavored water.. and more then one soda a day makes me sick...
    sometimes seeing is believering/wanting... you could even 'google' the good effects water has for you!! and how bad soda is for you..pepsi is so so bad for you.. i have a friend she was 300#'s + and loved pepsi/soda.. the type that when she was thirsty in middle of the nt shed have pepsi not water!!! :/ she had gastric bypass in December.. and hasnt had ONE soda since (cuz she cant.. and whats really crazy is she said she STILL craves it :/ its definetly mind over matter though... and you "only " having one or two a day is enough or more then...try also flavor drops "mio" or crystal light.. lot better for you then soda..
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree. I drink more in the car. I will try the tip of chewing gum while drinking. I thought I drank a lot before but have realized I haven't even been drinking 8 cups. So I have two 20oz. bottles of water that I drink before noon and two after. get it in
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    Try Flavor Water or try making hommade tea
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    add you favorite fruit to your water
  • PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Of courseI am assuming you are a passenger in the car to and fro from work, as drinking from a container whilst driving is a motoring offence ending in traffic Court in the UK.