What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jimhollisga
    jimhollisga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of plans that called for scambled eggs with cheddar every day. Two of my docs approved this and made comments that the extra protein was good to suppress appetite. Then cholestrol went up for first time ever at age 57. Yikes! SO for the last five months I have been in a very strong regimen of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, Maple and Brown Sugar. It tastes REALLY GREAT and has significantly lowered by cholestrol way back down again. I HIGHLY recommend it. And if I do eat any eggs it is generally much less than 2 or a full omlette because I eat the Oatmeal religiously. It also really holds my appetite. :wink:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Today I had a bowl (1 cup) of Kashi Go Lean, skim milk and four sliced fresh strawberries in my cereal. Oh and a packet of splenda.
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually have fiber one cereal with milk.It keeps me full and it's delicious late start this morning if I could stay off the message boards long enough to go get it. Have a great breakfast everyone.:drinker: ooh get your water in.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    bananas and honey nut cheerios
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This morning I had carnation instant breakfast, milk chocolate flavor made with fat free milk.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Trying to increase my protein. I do an egg with about 1/4 cup cottage cheese. Makes them real creamy and a little cheesy. Added some Wholly Guac Salsa and for 133 calories got 14 grams protein. When hungry I add another egg white and a Morning Star Sausage Patty crumbled up and it is real filling and yummy.

Another new one is a Protein Pancake. 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla and Splenda. Mix together and cook like a pancake. 237 calories and 20 grams of protein. Very filling. I did it for dinner the other night.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 egg whites and one whole egg scrambled on an Ezekiel english muffin with a slice of mild cheddar cheese... UBER yummy and very filling!
  • CAW210
    CAW210 Posts: 73
    Options
    2 boiled eggs
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can't skip breakfast. I have the worst morning ever when I do.
    Typically I have 2 eggs w/ salsa and some fruit.
    This morning I was running behind, so I grabbed a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter, which I spread on the banana (mmmmm) and 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill rolled oats, with Truvia in the raw, PB2, almond milk, organic flax seeds and a sliced banana.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This morning I had toast, I either have that or cereal. (:
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    6oz of plain non-fat greek yogurt sweetened with splenda and 1/2 cup of strawberries mixed in. Yum!
  • LLRider
    LLRider Posts: 65
    Options
    2 Scrambled EGGS (yolk and all!)
    asparagus
    cheddar cheese

and coffee (lots of coffee) with half and half

oh ya, and almond milk
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal turned into a smoothie. I'm lazy like that. lol
  • rhinowithonehorn
    Options
    A hydroxycut pill
  • Zoesmum025
    Zoesmum025 Posts: 37
    Options
    My mainstay is Soya Yoghurt (which has the consistency of greek yoghurt) and unsweetened muesli. Every time I try something else I find myself wishing I hadn't!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Gnc Pro Performance Amp - Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 - Chocolate, 2.0 scoops
    Coffee - Starbucks dark roast - 1 cup
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk - 1 cup
    3 ice cubes

Blend. Yum.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's 10:30am in Chicago and so far I've had -

Body Fortress whey protein with 8 oz of skim milk

turkey on a brownberry wheat thin w/ grey poupon

coffee with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and powder creamer

nectarine (which was amazingly delicious)
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

To answer your question, this morning I had a gluten free waffle with peanut butter and banana and an iced coffee w/ 2% milk.

But the bigger question is...what are you planning on eating for the rest of the day?? I hope you realize that, unless you have some large pig out planned for this evening, your breakfast and lunch aren't enough food for a fly. At a minimum, this type of eating will hinder your weight loss progress. But to be even more real, this type of eating can seriously damage your body. Please make sure you are getting the proper nutrition.

That is my main goal through MFP is to gain the knowledge I need to eat with proper nutrition. I spent my whole jr. high, and highschool years annorexic. I eat alot more now than I use to. which isn't saying much. But when my body is not use to eating AS MUCH as everyone else, then when I start to eat more than I normally do I just seem to gain weight.
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    Wow, I just have cornflakes with skim milk and fruit if i have it lol some of these ideas are yummy though!