Boring old CHICKEN! UGH!!

Options
13»

Replies

• MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    dip in lite honey mustard, then in crushed cornflakes. bake. it's a weight watchers recipe you can google it!

throw in a crockpot with chicken broth celery & onions...shred when its done...add franks red hot sauce & half cup of the broth it cooked in...put on buns, wraps, or make lettuce wraps

stir fry

google :: bruschetta chicken recipe

cook in crockpot with a jar of salsa, shred. this is so versatile, you can add corn and black beans too. use it on salads, wraps, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, dip pita chips in it...etc

try the website skinnytaste.com she has her recipes categorized, there's a ton of chicken recipes
  • deedeehatcher
    Options
    try marinating your chicken breast in 1/4 cup terriaki sauce combined with 2/3 cup of fat free Italian dressing, then grill it. The flavor is great!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I grill the chicken breast, then mix 2 cups of shredded chicken with 1 avocado, juice from 1 lime, s&p, 3 green onions, and lots of fresh cilantro. Flavor explosion!

My serving is 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in 1/2 whole wheat pita, and a plate of lots of fresh veggies, and my whole lunch will still come in at around 250 cal. Lean, and tasty, and filling.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of the new things we've been having is buffalo chicken pasta salad. You cook up 1-2 chicken breasts in the crockpot with Frank's or Texas Pete's (depending on preference) for 6-8 hours then shred it up and add it to the pasta of your choice and fat free ranch dressing til it is as saucy as you like.

I also like to cook it with taco seasoning and salsa in the crockpot then shred it for burritos or have it with red beans and rice.

You can also cook it with reduced fat cream of ____ (fill in the blank) soup in the oven and serve with rice and a veggetable.

Or skinnytaste.com has some really yummy chicken nuggets that are awesome. I sometimes buffalo them for a little extra zip. I'm sure skinnytaste.com has other chicken recipes as well. Heck they have whole cookbooks devoted just to chicken. Maybe you can get one from your local library.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't have an exact recipe, but pretzel crusted chicken is awesome!

Check out the spice section the next time you're at the store. There are usually a bunch of mixed spices/rubs for various meats. They have awesome flavors and work on just about any meat you put them on.

Also, it's well worth the ~$20 investment to pick up a cookbook like "Grill This, Not That". There are a ton of recipes for stuff to do with different foods, and you can probably adapt non-chicken recipes to chicken if you want.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Below is a link for 100 Easy Chicken Recipes from Cooking Light:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/page103.html

Skinnytaste.com is also a great resource:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Chicken

And last but not least, Quick and Easy Chicken Dishes from EatingWell.com:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/quick_healthy_chicken
  • vlsuarez
    vlsuarez Posts: 5
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has so many yummy chicken recipes :)
  • Crystald12342010
    Crystald12342010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • kcrozell
    kcrozell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas to try!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    a1 Chicago style marinade-just coat chicken and bake covered-it is delicious!!