cereals......

Replies

• DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    I measure out a half cup of Fiber One Original and sprinkle it on top of 6oz of Greek yogurt for breakfast each morning. Gets my fiber done for the day, and gets a yogurt taken care of.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    I eat some cereals (Rice Chex, wheat Chex, etc.) which aren't the sugar loaded ones. But, I measure... 2 cups with 1 cup of 1% milk to as not to let the portion size get out of control on me.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    I sometimes eat a cup or so of Fiber Now, Aldi's version of Fiber One, with unsweetened almond milk and some sort of fruit. I have to stay away from most cereals because I can literally eat half a box at one sitting (need a little more cereal to finish the milk, then need a little more milk for the cereal, then...). I do love oatmeal, too, old-fashioned or quick, not the instant packages.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Hmmm, sounds like odd advice, but I probably don't know the picture. I'm not sure if eating alot of carbs at bedtime is a great idea, which is probably what your trainer objected to, but what the heck. There is no harm in eating cereal ! Provided it's a healthy one. Plus, the calcium in the milk is fabulous for your bones and muscles.

I love Kashi, it's loaded with protein.

I used to make a yummy cereal based on puffed brown rice that they sell at the Walmart. Love, loved that cereal mixture and think I will make some again.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Here's a gross story that may turn you all off from eating cereal again.

I was having raisin bran cereal for breakfast a few years ago. Well the raisins felt really weird,too crunchy. I pulled a "raisin" out of my mouth. It was an ant. One of the HUGE black kinds. I looked in my bowl. It was more ants than cereal.

I had been so sleepy I hadn't noticed that ants had gotten into my raisin bran cereal box...

I can't eat that cereal ever again. UGH.

BTW..anyone know how many calories a spoonful of ants are? (JUST KIDDING! don't answer!)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    I weigh my cereal just like everything else on a scale.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    No cereals here, I wan't a fan even before I stopped eating grains/sugar, they are not filling or nutrient dense enough for me.

If I need a 'quick breakfast' I run better on a hunk of cheese, a handful of mixed raw nuts and a hard-boiled egg.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I'm eating capn crunch right now but only because I've had the flu and it's the only thing besides sprite that I'm hungry for! LOL

Normally I eat NO cereal, just whole grain, old fashioned oats. I have lost over 40lbs having it and a handful of fruit for breakfast nearly every morning since Jan. I sometimes add nuts, wheat germ , flax seed and even a scrambled egg to it. I never get hungry until lunchtime and I love that. I also stay under 300 cals. I use 1/2 cup whole oats, (just double the amt of water for the amt of oats, so for 1./2 cup oats, you use 1 cup water) 1/2 cup mashed berries. If you add an egg to it, cook the oatmeal first (it only takes 3 minutes!), then add a cereal sized spoonful of hot oats to the egg, stir, add a bit more, stir, etc. to temper the eggs so they dont cook and get lumpy. Then I add that mixture to the rest of the oats and cook it a bit longer. It makes a creamy oatmeal, it's still delicious, full of fiber, healthy carbs and keeps you full.
  • I eat cheerios, just make sure you measure out what you are eating a log correctly. I eat a cup and a half cheerios plus a cup of soy milk. Idk why people are so bent out of shape over sugar and carbs...if you're not diabetic don't worry about it. Stay under your calories.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast most mornings, but I'm rather picky about it, and I actually take my measuring cups and measure out how much I'm eating before it goes in my bowl. I eat it dry, so no worries about soggy cereal.

I eat pretty much all of them (even sugary kids cereals) because working in a daycare, I eat what the kids eat on my work days. If I'm home, though, I eat a bowl of crispix (plain, no sugar on top or anything) or a bowl of special k chocolatey delight. Along with a glass of soymilk or orange juice, I'm good until lunch no problem.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Rarely...Cannot stop at one (or two) servings and be satisfied...All the added sugar and salt...
    Can eat one serving of oatmeal (regular or packets) and be satisfied....
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    i got told of a trainer a while ago to keep away from cereals .... all cereals have sugars in etc etc.... i now have a bowl of cereal nearly every night & occasionally on a morning........... do you eat cereals??

your trainer is an idiot. sorry... lol
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    silly rabbit

trixwin1.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    silly rabbit

trixwin1.jpg

Trix are for me! :bigsmile:
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    I'm eating capn crunch right now but only because I've had the flu and it's the only thing besides sprite that I'm hungry for! LOL

Normally I eat NO cereal, just whole grain, old fashioned oats. I have lost over 40lbs having it and a handful of fruit for breakfast nearly every morning since Jan. I sometimes add nuts, wheat germ , flax seed and even a scrambled egg to it. I never get hungry until lunchtime and I love that. I also stay under 300 cals. I use 1/2 cup whole oats, (just double the amt of water for the amt of oats, so for 1./2 cup oats, you use 1 cup water) 1/2 cup mashed berries. If you add an egg to it, cook the oatmeal first (it only takes 3 minutes!), then add a cereal sized spoonful of hot oats to the egg, stir, add a bit more, stir, etc. to temper the eggs so they dont cook and get lumpy. Then I add that mixture to the rest of the oats and cook it a bit longer. It makes a creamy oatmeal, it's still delicious, full of fiber, healthy carbs and keeps you full.

The kids and I love when the Mister adds some eggs to our oatmeal. It's the best on a cold winter morning.
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    I am a cereal-a-holic. I have lost almost 40 pounds and eat it every day. I may be slowing down my progress, but I can live with it :)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Every now and again I eat the spoon size shredded wheat original.. It's got 0 salt and 0 sugar. And it's actually really good! I eat it with a 1/2 cup plain lowfat soy milk. It's good!
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Reese's Puffs are my favorites. (Wish I had a picture like you do Jules :sad: )
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Reese's Puffs are my favorites. (Wish I had a picture like you do Jules :sad: )
    cinnamon-toast-crunch-cannibal-commercials-2.jpg
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    I know what tomorrows dinner plans are......

4245842397_e5dec8afb6_z.jpg?zz=1

that's right I'm cheap