365 Days on MFP - 71 lbs = 1 Very Happy Kyli!

Options
KyliAnnHobson
KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
Hi, guys! Today is my one year MFP anniversary!!! :) Over the past year I've lost 71 lbs, discovered a love of running, and at 30 years old am in the best shape of my life! I definitely could not have done it without MFP and all of the AMAZING, supportive people I have met here. I am so glad I discovered this site! It's completely changed my life and it will change yours, too, if you stick with it and give it all you've got!

Here is how I lost the weight and got in shape...

Diet - I really didn't focus too much on eating healthier at first. I basically worked on measuring my food and eating proper portion sizes. I couldn't believe how much I was overeating! I stayed below the calorie goal MFP gave me with my settings on a 1 lb/week loss. I gradually started eating healthier foods and discovered a lot of great foods through the message boards that I'd never tried before, such as, Greek yogurt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, edamame, protein bars, etc. I now focus on getting a lot of protein and fiber and eating a lot of fruits and veggies. I just feel so much better when I eat healthfully. I still eat fast food, junk food, and drink alcohol, but I do so in moderation and make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day. My husband does not eat healthfully, so my house is constantly full of temptations, but I've gradually worked up the willpower to resist. Mind over matter. :)

Exercise - When I first started MFP, I was a total couch potato! I never played sports in school or enjoyed any form of physical activity really, so I was living a very sedentary life. I started out with just walking at the park and worked on gradually increasing my distance and speed. Then, I got a job that is very physically demanding and basically thought I was going to die at first, but now I love my job and it's been a big help in reaching my weight loss goal. I decided I needed to start exercising outside of just work, so I got some Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, which I love! I've done 30DS, RI30, and am currently on 6W6P. I've also done C25K and since completing it, I've ran three 5k trail races and a 10k. I'm now training for a half marathon in October. I've discovered that I love working out and running, NEVER EVER thought those words would come from my mouth, but it's true. I had no idea how amazing it could make me feel and I have so much energy now!

And now, pictures!

This is the picture that started it all. This was taken at my family reunion last summer and I could not even believe that was me! I was 195 lbs here. I realized that I needed to do something. I was so unhappy with myself and how I was living.
DxwTdl.jpg

bWLqwl.jpg

N5Hwul.jpg

At 123 lbs.
TxkW2l.jpg

Thank you for reading! :happy:

Replies

• Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome awesome!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Kyli, I am so doggone stoked by your dedication, discipline and progress! Thank you for being an awesome MFP friend AND a wonderful source of inspiration. You kick major @$$, sweetie. Congratulations again on your MFP birthday! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing Kyli and such a inspiration to us all!! Wonderful job!! :)
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW! You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You look amazing, and so happy :)
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fabtabulous!
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! You are an inspiration and your story is wonderful - and simple. You just started 'doing it' No stories, no excuses, nothing fancy. Just doing the right things, over and over.

Enjoy!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have worked hard for it and you look AMAZING :)
  • Karenzky
    Karenzky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you are really one of my inspiration, look at you, no one would even thought you were "heavy" before , i wish i could do the same , thanks for inspiring me everyday! God bless!
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WOWZER....great job..
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! And thanks for sharing your success. You are a true inspiration!! I totally see myself in your before pics. I have been stuck around 195 FOREVER!! It is nice to know (and see) that it can be done & what the results will look like. I have always heard of the exercise "high" people get but have never experienced it. I declare today my Day 1 (again) of my MFP journey & I do hope to have the success you have had. May I post a similiar success story in one year. Congrats again. And thanks again!!!
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
    How fantastic! Congratulations on your great achievement and thank you so much for sharing!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, beautiful before and just mind blowing stunning after. Congratulations on your achievement and hard work! Thanks for the inspiration too...
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :)
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OMG you look fan flipping tastic! Thank you thank you thank you for the motivation!!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Wow! Absolutely fantastic job!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job girl! You should be so proud! :smile:
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    wow wow good for you!
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations! That is definitely something to be proud of!! (I keep falling off the wagon lately. Chocolate is evil! LOL But so far I am down 30lbs! 15 - 20 more and I will be happy. And that's gonna be the hardest to lose lol. Summer kinda derailed me, with my 10-year-old being home, and feeling bad about going to workout and leaving her home bored. All my Zumba ladies tell me to not feel that way, and to get out there and just do it!) I am SUPER happy for you, and you look awesome! Great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!