afraid to weigh myself...

Options
13»

Replies

• Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just face the number, accept it and move forward. You can do this! Set a small goal......like 5 lbs......reach it and keep going for another 5. Reward yourself with a new item of clothing at each 10 pound goal.

This right here is the best piece of advice you can ever get. What's on the scale is just a number, something that you can conquer. Don't be afraid of it - be resolute once you know what that number is.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    DO IT! no seriously, bite the bullet. the worst is when you start losing and you don't have a starting figure. THe day you own up to it is the day you can start.

Exactly.

Also, COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: But I LOVE YOUR TARDIS BACKGROUND!!!! :o) Viva The Doctor!
  • 30forApril
    30forApril Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to know where you're starting so that you can get to where you want/need to be. I weigh myself almost daily, I won't always log it, but it helps me to keep myself in check... I haven't worked out in weeks, and jsut started again yesterday..but weighing myself helped me to kinda track my weight mentally and kinda helped me enforce better eating habits.. it's just one of those to each their own kinda things.. me... i'm kinda a masochist..lol
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Last year, I had lost about 40 pounds. I was only 20 away from my overall goal. Then a friend died, I got divorced, had to move back in with my mom, etc.
    I had not weighed myself since I moved out of my husband's house in September of 2011. Until last week. I had gained 20 pounds back (I knew I had gone back up two pant sizes of the three I had dropped).

But the first time I did this I was so mad at myself for not having taken "before" photos or having weighed myself at my heaviest. I was somewhere over 200 pounds at my heaviest.

If I were you, I would weigh myself. Just think how much more impressive your after numbers will be if you know your true before number. :-)
  • jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You've got to know where you are to know where you are going and how to get there.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere....Jump on the scale...take you measurements and pictures. Then get to it! You can do it and trust me you will want to have the photos to prove how far you have come! Best of luck

Take the measurements, I did not and wish that I had.

You need a starting point and then vow never to see that number again.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, step on the scale and look at the number. Remember that its just a number and now you are going to do something to make that number look much better. I have a habit of weighing every morning (not recommended I know) but it keeps me going if the number goes down great , if it stays the same I look at what I can do differently. If it goes up I really take a close look at what I ate and how much of a workout I did. Just remember you are in charge not the number.:smile:
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to step on the scale tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the advice, please friend request me ! I forgot my last account info so I had to make a new account.

It would be better if you could weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Your weight fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day. You could weigh 5 pounds heavier at night then you do first thing in the morning. As soon as you get up, have gone to the bathroom, and before you have anything to eat or drink...this is the time to get on the scale...you will see a truer picture of your weight then.

The first step in any battle is always the hardest...face your fears, and then get on with it. You can do it and everyone here can help!

Good luck and more importantly...good health!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself. It's a starting number, just a number. What ever the number is, you can be sure of two things:

1. This didn't just happen overnight and it was there when you got up this morning.
    2. Whatever the number says, you can undo through changing the things you eat and the amount you move.

It's just that simple. Besides, I've been singing (to myself)...99 pounds of fat off the wall for the past two days. If I had not gotten onto those scales, what song would I be singing now???

Best of luck, best of strength, best of character!
  • isinc2003
    isinc2003 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey you.. love to help. If I see what your eating here, I can show you the light so to speak! LOL.. You do need to weigh yourself to see the before.. even pictures too.. that way you can look back and say goodbye to the past and hello to the new body that is so close to being what you want.. Food is a complex thing these days..take heart knowing that there those that have almost mastered food and what it can and cannot do !