Gain 15lbs in like a month! I met my goals daily 99% time!

Options

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    after taking a peak, its your diary. i dont see very much real food =(
    romen noodles is not real food sorry
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    BUt I am looking for a LIEFSTYLE change that doesnt including keeping Weights and Measurements in my handbag!
    Get the weight off first, then find a calorie intake for maintenance. You'll soon get your eye in to sensible portion sizes and learn foods to avoid then they'll be routine and you won't need lists in your handbag.
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    Step away from the Latte !

You're 110 kg, probably 50 - 55% fat at a guess. Katch-McArdle says your BMR is 1440 - 1560 calories/day. http://www.calculatorpro.com/calculator/katch-mcardle-bmr-calculator/

Add 20% for sedentary, take off a 500 deficit puts you at 1230 - 1370 cals per day. Take off a 20% deficit gives you 1380 - 1500.

You're eating / drinking too much.

YARWELL...went to that site...and at 107kg...my STARTING weight it says my BMR is a whopping 2,681 calories!!!!
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    Of Course I agree with that....it is my guilty pleasure at only 50 calories when my stomach growls! When I am hungry...fruits and veggies tend to make my situation worse....and I have stomach pains....

I do need to find something healthy I like...in London I had some Oatcakes...but cant seem to find them in Vienna
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you may not be eating enough... I know that sounds crazy, but if your body thinks it's starving (whether or not you're hungry) it's going to hold on to everything you take in...

Starving? On 1750 while sedentary? Me no think so. :huh:

I don't think so either - your 40? After 40 I gained 40 lbs over several years on 1800 calories and I'm 5' 3" and exercise a lot. Before 40 I lost at 1800 - age matters, a lot more for some people than others. I would go down at least to 1500 and eat a lot more protein and veggies and less processed foods.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    at ElizabethRoad...again, please CHECK the "serving size" of that item!

Of course I didnt put so much butter...again was lazy and used the first "butter" option....and gauged the calories by revising the "serving size".

pfff...
    Wow I was not talking to you. I was quoting someone who said you should log a tablespoon of butter. Maybe you should pay more attention before you get all offended and act rude to people.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options

YARWELL...went to that site...and at 107kg...my STARTING weight it says my BMR is a whopping 2,681 calories!!!!

Did you put in you fat % too?
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    but some of the diaries on here...I feel the eating habits are more YO-YO than like the french say une REGIME...

Yes, no one's diary is perfect. However, you are the one asking for advice. Getting defensive won't help you or encourage others to help you.

Artslady......

I am not defensive...only stating the facts....and also "writing" isnt the best way for someone who doesnt know me to interpret my tone.

I am quite a comedienne! And my tone if anything is comedic sarcasm.....
  • yarwell
    Options
    http://das-ist-drin.de/Vifon-Ente-Instantnudelsuppe-70-g--423658/

Is the nutrition per 100g after mixing with hot water ? The contents of the analysis - 1.3g protein, 9.1g carbs, 3.3g fat - suggest something that is 80% water.

70g of something dry is likely to be at least 250 calories.
  • yarwell
    Options
    You forgot to enter "BODY FAT (%)" if you got a BMR that high.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP, have you seen a doctor to make sure you don't have a medical problem causing this. Hormones are a huge part of weight loss so an imbalance can make weight loss very hard.

Starvation mode is very unlikely, and even if you were in starvation mode it would NOT cause weight gain. It merely slows weight loss.

See a doctor.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Of Course I agree with that....it is my guilty pleasure at only 50 calories when my stomach growls! When I am hungry...fruits and veggies tend to make my situation worse....and I have stomach pains....

I do need to find something healthy I like...in London I had some Oatcakes...but cant seem to find them in Vienna

one way i got past my "guilty pleasures" is by swapping it for something that i wouldn't buy too often, but LOVE the hell outta it.. For instance, bacon wrapped scallops.. scallops are so yummy, but can be pricy. If i got cravings for foods that are not really good nutritionally sound foods, i would go "treat" myself to something i wont buy 24/7. its more exciting, im more satisfied, and i feel good abt myself once its all said and done. its one day at a time! you can do this! are you saying that fresh fruits and veggies make your stomach upset?
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    Perhaps the 1750 calories is too high for you. Most people don't need to consume that much unless they have an extremely active job and they work out in high-energy aerobics for a long period of time. You should find out what your BMR is (NOT BMI, I mean Basal Metabolic Rate). The calculator on this site is only an estimate, but get a real one. BMR will tell you how many calories your body needs just to exist basically. If you consume too many calories and don't burn it off... So figure out what your BMR is and set your goals accordingly.
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Maybe a trip to see your doc is in order. Might be a thyroid issue. Make an appointment to have some tests run. I know gaining while limiting calories and moving is frustrating so there has to be something more. Good luck. please do not give up.

This is what is was for me. I definitely recommend visiting your doctor.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ok. The diary is NOT a true reflection.

It may SEEM like I have eaten a lot of "processed" foods. But I live in Vienna, Austria!

There are not a lot of the items listed in the food thingy. So what I do it just get something similar to the foods I eat over here. For example I was able to find "Semmel"...german for Bread Roll.

But mainly, I have to use "substitutes"....or similar items.

I am too lazy to put in Homeade Varieties cause I am no expert. I only use seasoning and IF I use a small spoon of oil.

And I DO AGREE I have too much Carbs....which I tough cause I live with my husband he is prone to be a Vegetarian and swears the eating Meat everyday is unhealthy for the body!.

It was tough not to feel hungry alot on 1700....for weeks!

I felt finally able to even venture into aerobics etc with my energy levels returning.

And yes...I should start my period in 3 days....but I dont remember gaining so much weight before that time.

I will do a combination of seeing the doctor...and maybe TRYING to eat less for a week...so see what happens...but then again I will be on my cycle in 3days....and I am a heavy bleeder which has caused me to be AENEMIC this year.....and I was on high doses of Ferrous Sulfate....pfff...

I do need to cut down on the Ramen noodles...but the ones here in Austria are only 50Calories a small pack!!!! Its like a cup a soup.
    I think you've identified the problem yourself. If you're relying on substitutions from the database instead of accurately reporting what you're eating, then how can you be sure you're getting an accurate calorie count?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    One lesson I have learned since joining MFP is that while for some people, it doesn't seem to matter where their calories come from, for me, it matters. If I stay at or below my calories but all I ate was junk/processed/fried/fast food then I will not lose weight. But, when I try to eat better, I not only feel better but there is a loss on the scale. I think for some people it's more than just tracking calories, it's about what you are putting in your body as well. Good luck.

^love this. If I eat less than or right at my calorie goal on junk food, I maintain or gain weight. Also, too much sodium may be a problem, as it causes water retention which gives the illusion of fat gain.

I can imagine how discouraged you feel. That happened to me from the age of 18 on until 23. Then It got so crazy that I had to see a doctor. Turns out my thyroid levels were off, and my insulin was high. I got put on meds for it, and dropped 20 pounds in 4 months without even exercising. Worth looking into? Good luck, and don't give up! :heart:
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    I do need to find MY SNACK.

I have a STRONG urge when hungry...and if I take in fruits...maybe it is the acidic nature of it....makes my stomach worse...so i try to take something to "coat" it like bread...or Noodles!

and what is MORE disheartening ..again...my husband today working from home...and eating a huge Rameen noodle.

on the weekends our DIARIES are the same practically in terms of what we eat. He is trying to GAIN cause I weighed 107kg and him only 70kg. He was given 2,400 calories a day...so he ate what I did PLUS!!!..
    and now he has LOST 2kg!!!! He goes to gym twice a week and jogs 1-2times a week now though.

He ates EVERYTHING....High Sodium...High Carbs (his family Buddhist and he doesnt like to eat MEAT all the time)....HIGH Sugar....EVERYDAY he eats cakes...which I why I make them JUST for him!!

and he LOST!!!! why dear Lord...wHy!!!!!??????
  • mrscpm
    mrscpm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are being lazy about the food diary, and just hitting "enter" on the first thing that sounds kind of like what you ate, you are not anywhere near accurate in counting your calories.

Take the time to enter by hand the nutritional info in what you are really eating, create you own entries, and stop blaming the scale, the hormones, being in Europe, your husband's vegetarianism, and life for your weight gain.

Go to a dr to rule our or ID a medical issue, and until then, reduce your calories, track accurately, and increase your exercise. Period.

Just because MFP says you "can" eat over 1700 calories a day doesn't mean you "have to." And a sedentary lifestyle very rarely leads to weight loss.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If you are still hungry at 1700+ calories you really need to be looking at the foods that you eat. When I eat healthy, non processed foods I actually get to eat MORE food and I am never hungry. On days when I splurge and get something that is more calories, fat, sodium, I am starved ALL day because I can't eat as much.

I agree with others that you need to start really tracking exactly what you are eating. NO ball park figures. If you really want this then you can't be lazy about picking the first item on the list that matches. You need to be accurate. These little discrepancies can add up to a lot of calories that you are eating and not logging.

15 lbs is also a lot of weight to gain in one month. Is is near your time of the month? Can you be pregnant? I definitely would go to the doctor to get their opinion.
  • yarwell
    Options
    on the weekends our DIARIES are the same practically in terms of what we eat. He is trying to GAIN cause I weighed 107kg and him only 70kg
    Doesn't make a lot of sense. He probably has more lean mass (muscle) than you and hence a higher BMR. Men are typically 500 calories ahead of women so if he's trying to gain and you're trying to lose the gap should be more like 1000 calories.

Is he trying to gain to make you feel better ? 70kg sounds like a good weight.