Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! You're right-slow and steady!! You look great!
  • luckysvns
    luckysvns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This made my day! I am 5'4 as well and I seem to fluctuate a good 15 lbs from year to year. Constantly trying the latest fads and riding that awful roller coaster. I recently just got fed up. Joined mfp and started working out. mfp has been very eye opening and I am looking forward to what is to come...congrats and most of all thank you!!!! (by the way, has anyone ever told you you look like Kristin from the hills?)
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks for this post!! I am also 5'4", and to me, you are now 'one of those girls'! Thanks for being a great example and a huge motivation!
  • lblackham1993
    Options
    You look amazing!!! and its like the ad for plastic surgery (probs just shown in the UK) but its like. the biggest difference is the smile on my face. aint it the truth! you look amazinggggggggg! :D inspiring.
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You looked beautiful before and now as well... but you can certainly tell that you are happier with yourself now, and that's really what it's all about, isn't it?
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)
    Had no idea this thread would get so big.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Love this!! :)... and you look great!
  • Buttercup225
    Buttercup225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspiring post! Thank you!!!
  • Iguanalover
    Options
    WOW! you did it!:flowerforyou:
    my turn.........heading to the gym now. thanks for the motivation!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done. You look great and i totally get what you mean by one of them girls.
    Great job :smile:
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    luv it!! you look great!!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look fantastic!!
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are one of those girls!! What an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.
  • sharlowbrla
    Options
    So glad you learned this at your age instead of spending your whole adult life fixated and controlled by food. And did it the right way. Amazing story and i hope you inspire other young women like yourself to be healthy.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • klindemoen17
    klindemoen17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! :) you look fabulous!!
  • catswithcheekbones
    Options
    Love this! So inspiring.
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look great :smile:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of "those" girls, and it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I was naturally skinny. I ate all sorts of greasy food and it didn't matter. I never worked out. I was just thin, and that was it. Everyone had something to say about it and I didn't get why, because I didn't do anything. That's just how I was.

Then, my circumstances changed, and I gained. I became chubby. Everyone left me alone. I didn't mind being fat for the most part. I could still find enough clothes that fit, and I quite enjoyed being ignored by the public. I realized that I needed to lose the weight because I needed to be healthy.

I am losing now and as people are bringing the compliments back in, I actually accept them, because this time, I earned this body. I work hard to be thinner.

However, I would never, ever, lose weight to make someone admire me. I'd rather be fat. I lose weight so I can be healthy, and run, jump, and play. I could care less if I look nice in someone else's eyes.
  • triciap7
    triciap7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're singing' my song, girl. Thank you for the encouragement. You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!