Are you trying to hit your goal weight by a specific date?

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I set a date that represented 1 pound of weekly weight loss.
    Standing there after losing only 10 pounds at 262 lbs meant I had a climb that would take 70 weeks.
    That was a year and a half...
    It was depressing. And it actually took me a little over 2 years.
    At the end of the road all I can say is that is was worth it.
    Life transformed!
    And now, I am setting new, higher goals.
    Don't allow anything to stop you. Always just KEEP PUNCHING!
    Never say die, and keep your eyes on the reward of great health where you look good, feel great and live well.
    ALL IS POSSIBLE!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am attempting to lose 120-130lbs by Summer 2013.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose it all yesterday.. but otherwise I have no set goal. One day at a time. :P
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't have a specific date for my final goal, but I did want to be back under 200lbs by my 20th birthday, which is in 2 weeks. I made it! :smile: I'm going to try work out a few other mini-goals to keep me focused. It seems much easier to say I want to lose 10lbs over a shorter time frame than "I want to lose 40lbs overall"
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 lbs a month for the next 8 months to reach my goal weight of 245...so, in a way I guess I'm looking to lose by a specific date (March 20, 2013). But in the long run, if I don't hit that date I'm not really going to sweat it. I'm at the point where I just feel like everything's clicking, so whatever I lose, I lose.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't have a time limit for my altimate goal. But I did give myself a mini goal of losing 35 pounds by my birthday in september. When I set the goal, I was down 16 pounds 72 days after I started. My birthday was in 73 days, and I wanted to lose an additional 19 pounds. A very reasonable goal given past success.

My ulimate goal will take me almost 3 years at my current rate. There is no way I want to set a date for that. :)
  • 130Rosie
    130Rosie Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight before I hit 50 in October.
  • shelleybelly35
    shelleybelly35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to lose all mine by my birthday, August 19.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more to go and want to lose it by the end of the year. I want to ring in 2013 at my goal weight!
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I picked October 1st as my date because I want to get a Versalette (which is my reward for meeting my goal) before I start my year of travel! =)
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    id like to lose all of mine by my vow renewal on december 15th
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    As long as the goal(s) are realistic and healthy nothing wrong with it. Just don't use it as an excuse to do extreme things just to hit the target by the date. Also, consider setting goals that are not driven by scale weight. That's a very crude indicator of progress.

Good points. I'm trying to get to a weight that puts me at 20% body fat. From that point I'm going to shift my focus back to strength training. Right now I'm doing Insanity and I have four weeks left.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I started in Jan..I wanted to be 140 by the time we left for our vacay in June..made that goal..set another goal of wanting to be 130 by my 40th birthday in Nov..made that goal already..then made my final goal of 125 for my 40th birthday and as of last Thurs, I made that goal by hitting 124.6!! So, now it's like "ok, now what"? lol but now I'm trying to tighten up a few areas and lift my booty a few inches! :) Good luck to everyone on making their goals! :)
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I dont know the exact date but I hope to be 140 by Mid December 2013, I graduate from college on the 2nd saturday of December 2013 and I want graduation pictures from college that dont make me scream "kill it kill it with fire" when I see them. (I try to hide all pictures from my high school graduation and prom not that theres that many) 132.5 pounds to go.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be under 140lb or 61kg by Christmas (48lb down) but on a major plateau at the moment and feeling disheartened. x

(And if you can help at all with suggestion with the plateau I've posted a 'help' thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/676390-plateau)
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    No real goal, but I would like to be at my goal by the January, but I think I will get there by November.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself until next May for these last 11 pounds :laugh: I know weight takes forever to come off me and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment by aiming too high!
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I don't think I'll reach 125lbs by May 27 of next year (21st birthday), but I suppose I may.

I didn't really have a set date. I know I'd like to be down to where I want before I am to get married and have kids. And before I get older. I'd like to enjoy feeling confident starting in my low-20s.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have 50 LBS to lose before I turn 50 in April. That's approximately 5.5 LBS per month. Then, I want to maintain that weight for the 6 months prior to me going on a 2 week cruise in November of 2013.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    I would LOVE to say I've lost the amount of weight you've lost - cheer up. You're getting there!