Chelle's Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Options

Replies

• finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bumpng for later. HATE cauliflower but LOVE LOVE LOVE mashed potatoes so hopefully I can trick myself and the fam!!

My fiance likes them better than mashed potatoes, now. The garlic and cream of mushroom soup really make them taste more potato-y than cauliflowery (is that a word?).

I promise you'll love them!

-Chelle
    OMGosh! I love you for saying Potato-y and cauliflowery-my husband always gives me crap for adding "y" to the end of words. lol I was actually gonna search the Internet later for this exact recipe, I cant wait to try it! My husband hates vegetables but I think I will make this and see if he will like it! Thank you for the recipe!!

The way I see it, if you don't have an adjective available-- a woman has every right to make one up.

And guys will just have to get over that...!

-Chelle
  • lciupa
    lciupa Posts: 48
    Options
    bump- this one is going into next weeks rotation
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I make it using fat free low sodium chicken broth(I also cook my green beans in broth as well..makes super yummy without butter and such).I may have to try some of these variations though. My 11 yr old who loves mashed potatoes LOVES mashed cauliflower as well.
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    bump
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • brittlee82185
    Options
    bump
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump! TY!
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So I've made Cauliflower mash 3 times, tonight was the first time with the soup and it is the best one by far. Thanks!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ooh worth a try. I like the idea of spinach in it.
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sounds nice :)
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleybaby1007
    Options
    bump
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Great idea. Bump.
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've had it yesterday and today for my lunch. I bought fresh and steamed it and then mashed with a potato masher.

I tried to put it rhough a ricer but it was just squeezing the moisture out so gave up on that idea.

So I left it roughly mashed without anything added so it was crumbly, and had it with WW tinned tuna in tomato sauce and vegetables in a bowl. It kind of went like rice.

It's very filling and I'll be having it again, and adding more to it to make is more creamy more like traditional mash.
    I've bought some frozen cauliflower to use now as the fresh goes off so quickly.