Need Snack Ideas For an Ice Cream Addict!!

Options

Replies

• LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Take one scoop of ice cream, roll in nuts, cover in chocolate sauce, refreeze. Perfect portion size.
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I make my own "ice cream" with equal amounts of milk and frozen fruit. For the milk, you can even dilute it. For instance, 3 oz milk, 3 oz. water, 6 oz fruit. Put it in the blender with a few good shakes of cinnamon. If you have equal proportions (or a little less liquid) it comes out chunky like ice cream instead of smooth like a smoothie. I like to be able to eat it with a spoon. The fruits that work best are mango, pineapple and/or banana. The only sweetener I use is cinnamon. Some times I had soy nuts or dry roaster edamame. This is delicious - believe it or not I like it better than commercial frozen yogurt, and it's as healthy as you can get.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I have the popsicles molds from Ikea, they were only a couple of dollars. I mixed up two cups of the dannon light n fit with two cups of berries, this made 12 pops and they are only 28 calories a piece! cheap too.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I make fudgicles by freezing "Chocolate avocado pudding" in molds. Totally tasty.

To make the pudding blend/process avocado, cocoa powder, a little salt and sweetener (I use either honey or stevia) together. You can also add banana. I know it sounds weird but its actually really good.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Giant Latte Bars -- a full 4 ounce serving with only 90 calories of sinful goodness!! I eat one at least 5 days a week!
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    Totally go to dashingdish.com and look their recipes for protein smoothies. Each recipe is about 220 calories but it gives you SO MUCH, and has a scoop of protein in it, so its got some good stats too. I like the maple peanut butter one -- it uses sugar free butterscotch pudding :) Everyone I have made it for LOVES it. It has no sugar and no milk/cream, but it is SO THICK AND CREAMY. My new favorite. :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This may not work for somebody already addicted to icecream but I got some of the mott's applesause cups in three flavers today and stuck some in the freezer for hot weather snacks (mostly for the kids). The kids loved it and I thought that it was ok too. At 40 to 70 cals depending on the flaver, it isn't too bad.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you like ice cream, eat ice cream! Get a food scale so you can be accurate with your measurements. I would rather have a half cup of Ben and Jerry's than 300 calories of random crappy imitations, personally. Honestly, for me at least, the amount of enjoyment I get from ice cream really hits diminishing returns over a half cup anyway. Enjoying the foods you like in moderation is the best way to ensure you can adhere to your diet (i.e. "lifestyle change"). Adherence is more important than ANY OTHER FACTOR in the success of a diet.
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I mix whip topping with all sorts of things then freeze it and it takes place of my cold treats I want.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here, but I just get the lite or fat free whipped topping and keep it in my freezer and put it(frozen) on fresh berries and eat that. The topping tastes so much like ice cream and has only 20cals per tbsp, and the fruit is great!!! I use large spoonfuls, but It's still not much calories and the berries are so good and healthy.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    my favorite is frozen seedless red grapes. Great for snacking! Take them out of the freezer and eat. I like them after they have been out for a few minutes and have softened up a little bit. Just wash them, pluck them from the stems and freeze in a tupperware. Speaking of which, I think grape are on sale at my local Safeway. I need to replenish my stash.
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the recipes that involve frozen bananas? I just tried it for the first time this afternoon and it really does taste like ice cream, and it's just banana.

This with chocolate added in...mmmmm....even my children like it!
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Options
    Healthy Choice Fudge Bars- they come in 100 calories (the "big" ones) or 50 calories for the snack size. DELICIOUS.

Weight Watchers Ice Cream pops- there's a lot of different varieties and they're all good.

I also love ice cream, and try to enjoy it every day.:-)
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    TCBY frozen yogurt. It's awesome. English Toffee is so good and the Cookies and Cream is pretty tasty too.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Popsicle sugar free tropical flavored popsicles! No fat and only 15 cals a pop!!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later!
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Adonia frozen greek yogurt bars. 75 calories, fat free and a great source of protein!
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow cookies and cream sandwich, 150 cals per, you could have 2 a day.

I just tried one of these today :) They are very good and they come in all sorts of different ice cream flavors!!! I plan on stocking up my freezer!!! LOL
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    try artic zero.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    frozen/blended banana with a dash of cocoa inbetween two graham wafers