Anyone doing No Carbs diet?

Options
...have tried it the last 3 days....no results yet I think...but at least on Day 3 the headaches are gone.

Think maybe Carb withdrawal over?

What are your experiences?

Replies

• RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No carbs? None??? What are you feeding your body?
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    your diary for the last couple days looks really good :) i think you'll start to see results soon, if your headaches are gone and you feel good, your body will continue to get used to your new eating pattern and you will see things change!

i stay under 100 carbs and then mentally subtract out for fiber. i feel better, more alert, and less bloated. my stomach always shrinks faster when i eat fewer carbs. good luck!
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    Okay, I took a peek at your diary. It appears you are keeping carb grams very low. You had me worried there for a sec.

You may want to change the title to "low" instead of "no" carbs. :smile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Yep, I recently switched to low carbs, then lowered them even more to see what would happen. Sadly, it's no cure-all miracle, but it does help with a lot of my issues, especially appetite. If anything, right now that part is working too well.
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    yeah...I put NO CARBs...to psyche myself out.....

The goal is LOW....so I say NO...and voila...somehow magically still find myself getting some through veggies.

after gaining being on 1750 a day...i was totally gonna give up. but as the comments stated...i WAS doing a LOT of carbs....so now i will do a switch and see how my body works with low carbs.

please god!!!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    The only way I finally lost weight.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just a comment, I think your protein is set much too low. You should probably aim for at least 100g of protein per day.
  • RushBabe214
    Options
    Just a comment, I think your protein is set much too low. You should probably aim for at least 100g of protein per day.

That was my thought as well.

OP - I try to keep my carbs low as well. Between 70 and 80 is where I feel best. Good luck with your goals. :smile:
  • liftmor
    liftmor Posts: 3
    Options
    It's science. It works. Read the book "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes. I've lost 65 lbs by eating a lot! just no carbs.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It's science. It works. Read the book "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes. I've lost 65 lbs by eating a lot! just no carbs.

Not everyone agrees with Gary Taubes.
    http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/11/brief-response-to-taubess-food-rewad.html
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

That was my thought as well.

OP - I try to keep my carbs low as well. Between 70 and 80 is where I feel best. Good luck with your goals. :smile:

Agreeing with these comments here .. At least 100 grams of protein. Don't listen to people who will tell you that's hard on your liver or whatever ... you'd have to eat a ridiculous amount - amounts nearly impossible to reach by any average person even if they tried.

I avoid grains and keep starchy vegetables and beans low but get carbs galore through greens, 'above-ground' veggies and a conservative amount of fruit. Grains and especially processed sugars really screw up the human chemistry.

I have not had headaches or fatigue with this method. Any time I get off-track, I immediately feel better once I get back on!

My book suggestion is the Smarter Science of Slim by Johnathan Bailor. Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You should try 'low carb', you need SOME carbs for energy. I'm on low carb, and my goal is 100g a day.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have a friend doing the low carb thing. no more then 20 net carbs a day for the first part, in the past her weight has flown off.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

That is not a book to read if you are interested in science, it's more fantasy than science, the section on the lipid hypothesis aside
  • bethbournias
    bethbournias Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have always had success with low carb. I'm keeping my carb intake to about 20 g per day and keeping my calorie intake low. I'm not hungry, have energy and it just seems to work. I also use the Keto sticks to test my urine to see if I'm burning fat and I increase my carbs until the stick no longer turns purple. Then I can be sure that I'm at a good level for myself. Although the diet is good (at least for me), I don't think that it is something that you can stay on for long periods of time without doing possible damage to liver/kidney.
  • CatBrush00
    CatBrush00 Posts: 30
    Options
    We tried that last year. Mark lost a couple pounds. But because of his diabetes he started to feel ill. So the doctor suggested if we do it more that he should have more carbs than what the diet prescribes.
    Edit: lol i am thinking of the Atkins diet for some reason.

We are following the calorie count on this site and it works much better for us.
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just made it week 1 no carbs other than from.my veggies and a little from my protein drink. The first 3 days sucked for withdrawal symptoms. Then day 4 I could hardly workout. I just had no steam..no ummph. I am feeling on top of it now. I am going to go 30 days no carb--milk fruit sugar cereal potato (sweet are OK). Mostly sticking to eggs all the veggies I want and lean meat. It has been worth it but it took some.adjusting. give it at least a month to figure it out.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I do under 100 per day on average, or at least try to get all my carbs only from veggies, sometimes a piece of fruit here and there. I do have days under 70 and even 50 but it's near impossible to get it lower than that unless I were to eat chicken and protein powder all day long and no veggies (veggies naturally have carbs).

I did the Suzanne Somer's food combining and lost 40lbs one year with thyroid issues, I ate high-fat, cream, cheese and everything and lost (it's all about low-carbbing/food combining).

I don't eat dairy now or gluten, though so now I don't eat but good fats...so like breakfast was an avocado and two boiled eggs, I'm going to have a protein powder drink mixed with coconut milk here soon...and yes I do feel energetic on this diet and without the highs/lows of blood sugar and I lose weight, too.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    agree with most everyone above....less than 100 will keep you/get you where you want to be.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with it at present, but I just changed my goals...really helps, like you said...keeping it in the forefront helps.

keep counting ;)
  • icanhaztp
    icanhaztp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do less than 20 per day. The first week was tough, then after that I felt better than ever. Good luck to you no matter which way you go with it!