Options
    Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

and when I forget that book, I read:

Richard Dawkins - The greatest show on earth

=]
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    A Jo Nesbo book. Can't remember the name but I'm enjoying it. Billed as the next Steig Larsson - not sure about that yet, but it's a good yarn
  • dsipes3262
    dsipes3262 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Don't know if you're into audiobooks at all, but Will Wheaton does an excellent job with this book.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    At any given time, currently one of the following:

Wool, a sci-fi series by a guy named Hugh Howey. It's more like a bunch of novellas. Read the first one, it was very good.

Sherlock Holmes - picked up the collection for my Kindle.

Game of Thrones - about to start book 3.

The Daily Five - for work (teacher).

Thinking the Impossible - a book by Spanish card magician named Ramon Rioboo.

BTW: if you like sci-fi-mystico thriller stuff laced with a skewed sense humour, check out my Australian cousin's (Daniel O'Malley) novel titled The Rook. It's very good.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline

Don't know if you're into audiobooks at all, but Will Wheaton does an excellent job with this book.

Read that - it was a throwback to childhood & a lot of fun. Would be great to here Wheaton do this!!
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The Girl Who Played With Fire, by Stieg Larsson.
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I haven't seen the American film, though I watched the Swedish film (with subtitles) a few years ago. I am hoping to read the next book in the series soon.

Other than that...peer-reviewed research journal articles.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I remember seeing the previews for the movie and thinking that it looked like a really corny movie, that I had no desire to see. I didn't know it was a book first until I saw it at the store. When I realized that it was by the same author as Pride and Prejudiced and Zombies, I decided to pick it up.

So far, it's pretty good. I'm not really sure how they made a movie out of the way the story flows, I'm guessing it deviates from the book quite a bit. It does to history what Wicked does to Wizard of Oz, puts a whole new fictional light on major events.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Poker for dummies.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I finally found A Feast for Crows in paperback, so I'm happy.
  • kathryn_m
    kathryn_m Posts: 31
    Options
    The Grapes of Wrath, a biography of Audrey Hepburn, and yes, the third Hunger Games book.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    A translation of Flaubert's Madame Bovary by Lydia Davis. Good stuff!!! Her translation of Proust's Swann's Way was unbelievably good.
  • Diamond_angel14
    Options
    I'm currently reading Lola and the boy next door by stephanie perkins! Its sooo cute ! and I finished reading the notebook by nicholas sparks.
  • Flutelette
    Flutelette Posts: 10
    Options
    "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" (for about the third time). :)
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm..Mr Grey..of course!! go to say not very well written or a particularly good story line but somehow addictive?!

I can't agree with you more.....so addictive even though the writing is so-so....I'm on round 2 after reading the trilogy (I was having withdrawals)....can't wait til the movie comes out.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Stolen Prey by John Sanford.
    Next up, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  • MaggieMystD
    MaggieMystD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am anticipating reading the latest Sookie Stackhouse book (#12 I think...) when I get home from vacation ;)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman
    actually...quite disturbing so far. Not my usual type of book.
  • bluered3038
    bluered3038 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Three Brides, No Groom by Debbie Macomber.

Thinking about reading 50 Shades of Grey I've heard so much talk about it. Some in my Sit and Fit class are reading the Triology.