My Sister Makes Fun of me when I try to be healthy..

Options
1235»

Replies

• fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Friend and family relationships have unwritten roles. Some could be the pretty sister, the smart brother, the responsible one etc. When these roles change or there is a threat for change, many people can't deal with it and unfotunately relationships can suffer. You should be upfront wiht your sister about what you need from her and let her know how her words effect you.

Work your a** off, it's your turn to be the skinny sister!
  • Krakenzmama
    Options
    [quote/]As of now- the only contact I really have with her is when I am there to see my Nieces and Nephew. She'll ask how I am etc. but I keep the chit-chat to a minimum and I don't get too deep into what I am doing with my life. She has def given me my share of reasons to not even bother. It's so hard to understand why this is.. I just don't get it.

I am sorry to hear that you have a sister similar to mine- perhaps they could be bffs?!

Anyways.. that's it for now :) Thanks for the support!
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear you have to give your sister some boundaries :devil: but I am happy to hear you are enforcing it :bigsmile:

I am lucky to have a supportive sister, (she joined MFP after me in support when I started last month - and she's done well in the last month) She has lost [i think?] about 60 pounds over the last 5 years and is close to her goal weight on this last push. She is proactive in giving her advice and I in turn sometimes have my own ideas about how I want to do things so we both are good at annoying each other. I just want to say that even if she never changes or offers support, you will be a better person for what you are doing. Health comes from within, you know?