guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am a gun toting liberal. :)

I actually think the bigger issue we have with all of these mass shootings is psychiatric drugs.
  • waldenlev
    waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pro gun. Pro death penalty too. :-)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i love how the only insult slinging is coming from the pro-gunners

"pro gun,anti-stupid", come on now!
    Not an insult. I believe what this means is they are pro gun but anti untrained/not responsible gun owners.

thank you, i did interpret it wrong.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm nieither pro or against gun-control. If they could take ALL guns out of the hands of civilians, I'd turn mine in, but they can't, so I would like a level playing field.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Totally anti guns, except for the military and law enforcement personnel. USA
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Progun.
    I have my reasons and they all go along with the If you take away guns only criminals have guns. IT's true. There could no gun stores and a criminal would still be able to find one.

^^^^We have a winner!!!

Pro gun as well.

Criminals will still find them. Taking them away from law abiding citizens won't stop that.

For me, gun control means using both hands and having good aim. :-)

LOVE this - me: PRO GUN!!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    PRO GUN
  • CharlesHFL
    CharlesHFL Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PRO GUN
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Pro Gun as long as individuals are properly trained and educated.

Finally I get to use this - In before the lock!! :wink:
  • Auntie_Helen
    Auntie_Helen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find this mind-boggling.

I live in the UK where we aren't allowed guns (except for some specific circumstances such as farmers with shotguns, etc).

We have, on average, 50 deaths from firearms per year in the entire country (we have 60 million inhabitants so a fifth of the US population).

Maybe some criminals have guns but I have never, in the UK, seen a pistol. I have seen the army carrying some weapons (I live near an army base) and some armed police at airports but that's it.

If someone wants to go mad/beserk and kill a load of people they have to do it with knives or some other manner.

It completely boggles my mind that people would want to own these things.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I'll go anti-gun, and I live in Canada, where we have a constitution, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and a gun death rate 1/6th of that of our American friends.

The United States has 313,967,000 citizens.
    Canada has 34,865,700 citizens

We have 9x the people you do. So your 1/6th is about right...

What was your point again??

If you check the per capita rates, Canada is much lower - he wasn't making a straight numerical comparison. So, the point is good, and it holds.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Progun.
    I have my reasons and they all go along with the If you take away guns only criminals have guns. IT's true. There could no gun stores and a criminal would still be able to find one.
    This is exactly why I am pro-gun. Why let the bad guys be the only ones with the guns. (aside from the police, of course. But some of them are the bad guys too.)
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Anti.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Neither.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    pro guns
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun. This thread is going to be locked pretty quick, I'm sure. :laugh:
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i love how the only insult slinging is coming from the pro-gunners

"pro gun,anti-stupid", come on now!

I think you're misinterpreting the response. They're not saying that they're anti stupid because if you're not pro gun you're an idiot. I'm fairly certain they're saying "pro-gun anti people who don't know how to use them and are irresponsible with them."

Thank you, exactly what I meant. Guns aren't for everyone. Some people just don't like them, others don't want the responsibility of one. If you're not willing to put in the time to learn to safely use a gun (any type) you shouldn't have one.

And I'm also against stupidity in general. I think most people should be required to take an IQ test before getting a driver's license or being able to reproduce but I'm sure someone will get onto me for that too. The things I see and hear people do just absolutely makes me fear for the future of the human race.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I also don't think everyone in the pro gun crowd believes in no regulation at all. I certainly don't think people should be able to get their hands on any kind of gun.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pro-gun

I am however, anti-spoons. I am sure spoons are the reason I need to loose weight.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    pro gun