guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I find this mind-boggling.

I live in the UK where we aren't allowed guns (except for some specific circumstances such as farmers with shotguns, etc).

We have, on average, 50 deaths from firearms per year in the entire country (we have 60 million inhabitants so a fifth of the US population).

Maybe some criminals have guns but I have never, in the UK, seen a pistol. I have seen the army carrying some weapons (I live near an army base) and some armed police at airports but that's it.

If someone wants to go mad/beserk and kill a load of people they have to do it with knives or some other manner.

It completely boggles my mind that people would want to own these things.

and we don't get cricket. :)
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i love how the only insult slinging is coming from the pro-gunners

"pro gun,anti-stupid", come on now!

I don't want to get too crazy here, but I would like to say that I don't think that the comment made was that people who don't like guns are stupid, I think they meant that people need to understand how to use them.

Edit: I just noticed that this comment has been addressed already...
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Neither.
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    Pro gun
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

I live in the UK where we aren't allowed guns (except for some specific circumstances such as farmers with shotguns, etc).

We have, on average, 50 deaths from firearms per year in the entire country (we have 60 million inhabitants so a fifth of the US population).

Maybe some criminals have guns but I have never, in the UK, seen a pistol. I have seen the army carrying some weapons (I live near an army base) and some armed police at airports but that's it.

If someone wants to go mad/beserk and kill a load of people they have to do it with knives or some other manner.

and we don't get cricket. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenn156
    jenn156 Posts: 2
    Options
    pro gun :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

The UK has terrible crime, especially knife related. It has been DRAMATICALLY increasing every year. Might want to read your own newspapers once in a while.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm pro-gun
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    pro-gun
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    Pro guns
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I have four.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pro-Gun
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I don't want to get too crazy here, but I would like to say that I don't think that the comment made was that people who don't like guns are stupid, I think they meant that people need to understand how to use them.

thank you guys...i am the only one who didn't get it. dayum.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my concealed permit. I don't really like them, but I respect them. I have several. I know how to use them.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options

thank you guys...i am the only one who didn't get it. dayum.
    You're not the only one. I was thinking the same thing.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anti Guns.

Pro Evolution to a more civilized society, where people do not use guns on one another.
  • wickedwanda1
    wickedwanda1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun, legal owner & carry, but I defended your rights to not carry if that is your choice. 16 yrs Navy!!!! So don't judge me by a mentally ill person, who would have found another way to kill if he didn't have a gun.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Pro gun
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

FYI, as of 2006, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

the rate is much worse now, since UK knife crime is rising rapidly.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    PRO-GUNS!