Talk to me about Lauging Cow cheese...

Options

Replies

• becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Laughing Cow cheese wedges.

I've used them on crackers, in pasta, omeletes, bagel thins... you name it. I am a cheese fanatic, and I think they are great.
  • debborawski
    debborawski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    very yummy! and low in calories, I like garlic and herb the best! good luck with it!
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I seriously recommend it! I use the cream cheese or swiss cheese wedges on sandwiches almost every single day. It's so good! I was shocked by the taste! I thought it would be bland/nasty but it's really amazing! In fact, it's time for a snack =P
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Think about it for a minute. They took milk from the cow, depriving it's young ones the very sustenance of life. Yet the cow is laughing? What does it know that we don't? Are you sure that is cheese inside that wrapping?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    What does it taste like, and would you recommend it? I am a cheese addict, and if this will help control more calories, I am all over it.

TIA!

For me, it takes the place of cream cheese. I love it on celery (used to put cream cheese on celery) and often use it in place of mayo because it's flavored and thicker.

But it doesn't really take the place of extra sharp cheddar or creamy brie for me.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I like it but it doesn't satisfy a real cheese urge for me x
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It's not cheese at all and needs no refrigeration which to me says it's full of preservatives. I don't think it does a body good. Just my opinion.
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I make mashed cauliflower, I use a couple wedges of the french onion in place of the standard dairy used in mashed potatoes.
  • HarryRanson
    HarryRanson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Extra Light + Cinnamon and Raisin Bagel = Winner
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love it! I like the chipotle flavor with the Keebler flat crisp crackers (roughly 100 calories between both servings). I also just found the cinnamon cream cheese wedges and they are yummy on bagels or toast or a frozen waffle. I saw a strawberry cream one that I want to try too!
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    just had a snack of triscuits (cracked pepper) and a wedge of laughing cow....YUMMO!!!!!

cracked pepper triscuits are my fave! Love the laughing cow cheeses too. Cheddar is my fave.
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you have an Aldi's near you but they have the same thing, same package design but its called Happy Farms and they have the light ones for 25 calories. I LOVE the plain light ones. I eat one or two of them daily. The ones from Aldi's are also close to half the price of the Laughing Cow ones as well.
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's not cheese at all and needs no refrigeration which to me says it's full of preservatives. I don't think it does a body good. Just my opinion.

While you're probably right about this cheese, just because something doesn't require refrigeration doesn't mean it is full of preservatives...organic boxed milk doesn't require refrigeration
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    It has more of a cream cheese consistancy...I use it to put on crackers
  • jclemens114
    Options
    The only voice of reason I've seen!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you have an Aldi's near you but they have the same thing, same package design but its called Happy Farms and they have the light ones for 25 calories. I LOVE the plain light ones. I eat one or two of them daily. The ones from Aldi's are also close to half the price of the Laughing Cow ones as well.

Thanks! We have an Aldi here. I will have to look for those!
  • jclemens114
    Options

The only voice of reason I've seen!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of the Laughing Cow flavors - my favorite would be the cream cheese one which was just recently introduced. I was excited to find the Strawberry cream cheese flavor but was terribly disappointed by the actual flavor. YUCK. Based on that, I passed on buying the cinnamon flavor... didn't want it to turn out to be a waste of money.

Like a few others said, I'd rather have the real thing and work my calories around it. Much more satisfying.
  • Adleheid77
    Adleheid77 Posts: 16
    Options
    I JUST had a wedge of the garden vegetable flavor. It's great with vegetable sticks btw....
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    it is terrible!