Who is supported 100% or not at all, I am not :(

Options
1234568»

Replies

• itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Being overweight was always so embarrassing to me, so when I began this journey I made a concerted effort not to talk about it. I DO have support at home, my husband is completely there for me. But I, rather we, knew this was my thing, I would need to motivate myself and make choices according to what I really wanted. I made the decision that I would not change things for anyone or expect them to accommodate me...part of the challenge I felt I was facing included realistic living, no specialty foods, etc. So I made dinners for my family as usual and modified my portions, planned what I could eat throughout the day, carved out a consistent exercise schedule, etc. I realized I would have to make concessions and I did. I had some fun with it...noticing people at work checking out what I was eating for lunch but never saying anything...clearly they were curious! I was obviously losing weight but no-one, and I mean NO-ONE said a word, for months! It was not until I lost nearly 70 pounds that someone finally said something! You just have to realize that others are threatened when you change...it's forcing them out of their comfort zone. But ride it out, it's so worth it when you meet goals, regain your health, and begin to like what you see. People accept you in the new format. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you want for yourself and what you are willing to do to make it happen. No-one can do that for you....they can't give you the will or take it away if it's your desire. Believe in yourself.
  • Michellemtjpjt
    Options
    We all have each other and we can do it.
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do this, but you have to do it for you. Just let your actions be your words and when you need to use words LOG ON! You got a lot of good advice from the MFP family, request lots of friends for the support you need. Maybe you can request friends close to where you live and make exercise dates at parks or school tracks or even the YMCA. You are a beautiful lady no matter what your size. God says you are fearfully and wonderfully made, when humans are negative, look at yourself through His eyes. He also says your body is a temple so care for it as such. You are on the right road, don't let someone else derail you, ultimately you are resposible for everything about you whether it be allowing someone else to abuse you to your physical health to your spiritual health. Stay focused!
  • edithejaime
    edithejaime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's why we are here ! i went thru the same thing untill one day i got home and he was gone ! best thing that could ever happen to me..i was 329 then..u can add me if u like check out my pics
  • Raregreeneyes
    Raregreeneyes Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It took me A LONG time to realize I needed to do this for ME!!! I have had many past relationships where I have been made to feel terrible and I tried to diet for THEM....did not work. This time I do have a supportive husband but I didn't do it for him, I did it for me. This is soooo easy for me because I want it for me and cute clothes :) If you want to add me as a friend, feel free. The more friends on here the better :) I have over 100 pounds to loose. I am 15 pounds lighter then I was 48 days ago :) You can do this!!!!
  • elenakristine
    elenakristine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm getting tons of support from my boyfriend, my family lives in another country (moving back in a short while though) and my friends are all supportive and cheering me on. The one place though, where I spend a lot of time and give a lot of myself is work, and I don't (ever) feel any support of any kind in any way (not even workwise).

I swear some of them even question me for doing this and although they have no clue how nutrition works, are pointing out that I shouldn't "get too hung up" because that's annoying. For who? I don't even talk to them about my working out/eating healthy, it's not like they ever strike up a conversation about anything apart from work issues. I've given up on this place and if I sound bitter it's just because I feel like I've put in all my effort and the best I can offer to an unfriendly and unrewarding environment for so long. Can't wait to gtfo and start over my life back home with support from family and positive experiences with my (soon) "new" body!
  • asbonita3
    asbonita3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I felt that way a little to. I feel like I'm in this by myself. Everyone else is eating what they want and frying foods. Sometimes when people say I look good and i start to talk about it it's almost like they start zoning out or look disinterested. How rude. Now I barely talk about it because I feel like I'm bothering people. My bf is trying to be supportive by not cooking or buying certain things, but I just wish he was doing it with me that's all but I guess people do things in there own time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!