Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Something I have noticed is you either have the skin that sort of bounces back or you do not. If you have that wrinkly loose skin, it probably is not going anywhere. It will get smaller, but will always be there without surgery. Sort of like stretch marks. Some women are just blessed to not get them, Focus on what you do love about yourself.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    <<<< After two kiddos! My advice is to eat clean, drink lots of water, workout 5x week (lift heavy 2-3 of those days), and don't let excuses get in the way.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections, 1st one 18 years ago, then 14, then last one 10 years ago for twins....I really want to get in shape but I think that the time it takes increases as you get older.....I know w/ my first two pregnancies my skin bounced back but w/ the last one well....

I also catch myself 'relaxing' my stomach muscles too much which causes my stomach to pooch out even more. does anyone else do that?

Any specific ab exercises that those of you who have had success have been doing or are you doing general programs?

I also would love to decrease my body fat and think I may get the Chalean Extreme - I know I need some motivation!
  • applebaumb
    Options
    I am wanting the same pics for motivation but I think this is one of those things that may be as personal as our DNA. I am currently 204, gave birth to my twin girls this October 2011. Before them I had two stretch mark free pregnancies. The twins of course marked my tummy up and I can only hope that they fade well. I say that because my sister in law (mother of two) had super saggy stretched out tummy and I saw with my own eyes....she did kickboxing for the last 20 lbs or so....and I couldn't see a hint of a stretch mark laying next to her in a bikini. Now, the only thing is her youngest was in second grade, and she does have olive colored skin. Not extremely olive, but if she works on a tan, she gets SUPER tan. For me, knowing that when the girls are second grade, and I've lost the weight, and really work on toning.....I can look like that,....I'm TOTALLY okay with that. So, I hope that helps...I don't have pics, sorry, but I figured I'd mention it because it gives me hope.

:)
    Megan
  • applebaumb
    Options
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg
    576100_4346055448751_1645270636_n.jpg

Beautiful! That is what I am struggling with right now. You have renewed my hope that I can fix it without surgery.
    Thank you!
    Thats TWO of us! FANTASTIC work!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have all that and haven't had any kids yet :( good for motivation...and also, at least with my stretchmarks and flab it won't be so hard on me when I do get preggers haha.
  • stretch12d
    stretch12d Posts: 27
    Options
    I was breastfeeding and my boobs have no density whatsoever any moms fix there flappy boobs and if so how do you do that!?

My fix as of right now, is a pushup bra. Lol. I hope someone else has a better alternative that doesn't cost $4500-$6000.

Breastfeeding doesn't deflate your boobs, pregnancy is what can do it to them. Unless you want to go the cosmetic surgery route, a good bra is your only choice! =)
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have the discusting hang at the bottom of tummy already quite stretchy full of stretch marks and in what i call a W - I have no expectations it going away and I have 70lbs to lose but I will take before pic and after and post in a years time LOL
    I have noticed that mummys on here think there before is bad with tummy n strechys id do anything to look like the before, your all so beautifuo
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* This thread is some serious motivation and hope! All you moms look amazing!!
  • manit1117
    manit1117 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump...

Fantastic job ladies :smokin:
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I look very close to your before picture as well. Can you tell me a little bit about your calorie intake and how long it took you? Also, I'm finding the more abs I do the more my tummy sticks out so I've cut it out completely except planks. Also my pooch gets smaller but my measurement isn't changing. Did that every happen to you? Like between your first and second picture your tummy is clearly narrower and smaller, and mine did the same thing, but it still stuck out just as far in the middle! Ugh!
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg
    576100_4346055448751_1645270636_n.jpg
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! This thread is great inspiration even for people who aren't moms :)
  • bluemiki
    bluemiki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's very encouraging to see so many great "after" pics. I've had 4 kids, no C-sections, and more than my fair share of stretch marks and belly hang. At my heaviest (after my 2nd baby) I was over 250lbs. After my last pregnancy I was back up over 200lbs and had a lot of sag. I heard about laser lipo and decided that if I could work hard and loose 20lbs I'd treat myself to it. It is non invasive, non surgical and not too expensive. They use lasers to stimulate specific fat cells and then have you run, followed by a sit in the sauna to help "sweat" it out. The biggest bonus I thought was that while the laser stimulates the fat cells it also shrinks the skin. In 3 sessions (which is not very many but all I could afford lol) I lost almost 3 inches on my belly. Since then I've kept up the results with running and cutting out processed foods and have lost almost another 20lbs. I still have a long way to go but I'm hopeful!
    (I'll see if I can find my before and after pics and post them if I do)
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the discusting hang at the bottom of tummy already quite stretchy full of stretch marks and in what i call a W - I have no expectations it going away and I have 70lbs to lose but I will take before pic and after and post in a years time LOL
    I have noticed that mummys on here think there before is bad with tummy n strechys id do anything to look like the before, your all so beautifuo

Oh I would too! after I had my son I had 70lbs to go, but now I only have like 25. I would love to look like alot of these ladies starting out! Lol.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWTn8JO0Oreuk6VO571wUxL3i65zDWdSSkWwYtdNvx6M-dZbtdB6uuBlRYYw
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    2 C-sections baby! This is an older pic. I am ALMOST at an 8pk as of this morning! ;)

12543920_2988.jpg

Um, this is INCREDIBLE! You give me hope. :)
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It's very encouraging to see so many great "after" pics. I've had 4 kids, no C-sections, and more than my fair share of stretch marks and belly hang. At my heaviest (after my 2nd baby) I was over 250lbs. After my last pregnancy I was back up over 200lbs and had a lot of sag. I heard about laser lipo and decided that if I could work hard and loose 20lbs I'd treat myself to it. It is non invasive, non surgical and not too expensive. They use lasers to stimulate specific fat cells and then have you run, followed by a sit in the sauna to help "sweat" it out. The biggest bonus I thought was that while the laser stimulates the fat cells it also shrinks the skin. In 3 sessions (which is not very many but all I could afford lol) I lost almost 3 inches on my belly. Since then I've kept up the results with running and cutting out processed foods and have lost almost another 20lbs. I still have a long way to go but I'm hopeful!
    (I'll see if I can find my before and after pics and post them if I do)

Oh my gosh! Definitally something I would be interested in. (Do you know on average how much a session would cost?) I would love to lose 3 inches! Lol. Did it help the way your lower belly looked? Cant wait to see photos! Sounds like you HAVE come along way already.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow - very informative. Bump.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have six kids. No c-sections, but I gained 50-60lbs per baby. The last four babies were 9+ pounds. I did not get stretch marks with the first three kids, but then the last three, just tore my skin up. And having my last child at age 39, I did not lose the weight until I actually worked it off. I got more stretch marks with her and loose hangy skin.

My tummy is not perfect, but it is a lot better.

This is me 1 year after she was born. I never had baby weight one year later, but I did with my 6th child.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me at the beach two weeks ago. I am on the right. You can see my stretch marks and when I bend over, I do still have some loose skin, but it is not crazy bad.
    2012-07-01_11-40-38_830.jpg

I think getting my body fat below 20% helped a lot. I also dry brush my skin, apply coconut oil, do planks, and ab vacuums
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Some of these results pics are really amazing!! I am now almost 42 and had 2 very large boys with whom I gained quite a bit of extra weight when pregnant. I lost it after my 1st and some of it after my 2nd. I am now working about 8 years after my 2nd to lose the rest of the weight that I have. I am currently 155 and stalled there for several weeks. I hope to get rid of my c-section pouch also. It has gotten better but the skin is so messed up it seems that I just do not know how good it will become.

These are great inspiration for me though. Thank you ladies!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!