Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    One of my candy men came in today.. With a SUPER large bag of candy and treats. I said no, and stuck to a granola bar! GO ME!

I am proud of everyone else!!!
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I know that I'm rather late, but I would love to join this group. I am all about setting many goals, and you guys seem to have a lot of fun. I am challenging myself with what I call 12 days of christmas--it consists of me drinking water only and exercising at least 30 minutes daily until Xmas, no cookies or candies (my favorites either). If I may join, should I wait until the new challenge starts in Jan, so I don't complicate things?
    Hi Markei1:flowerforyou: , join now! Just post your current weight and the weight you'd like to be on Jan 5th. Then, check in daily and join the conversation(s). Look back for the current daily challenge. Then post your weigh-in results every Tuesday. Welcome to the group. You're going to love these supportive gals!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Cherlou, as per your request, I have changed your weigh-in number from Tuesday. You have joined the losers list at #13, with a .40% loss. Great job!
    I'm sorry about the goal weight mistake. It was a mistake on my spreadsheet. I've changed it from the original 241 to 244 now, also as you requested. Thanks for the alert!

FabFour12_15.jpg
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Great job to all of the successful "Just Say No" people. The pad thai would be the hardest for me, too!
    I said no to homemade pecan caramels, chili cheese fritos, and party mix. I had a Christmas lunch with 4 of my sisters. It was fun and I made good choices at the restaurant.

Happy crunching tomorrow (the sit-up challenge). Jittery, that should be easy for you! Your regular workout is a beast!
  • sjessup
    Options
    169! I lost a lb! Just one, but it's the right direction! My "holidays" are going to be a bit longer this year- traveling to 5 states (car munching, drive-through, etc.) in 20 days (away from preparing my own meals) with family and friends (celebrating Christmas at each stop with Christmas dinner's at every location). Ack! But I'm planning to do GREAT! Go Fab Four!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA but I have been having a crazy couple of weeks around here.

No change for me in the weight department
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning you Fabulous Flab Fighters!!!
    I am getting my morning started right!! Just did 30 minutes on elliptical and burned over 300 cals plus doubled the Crunch Challenge for the day!!!
    I wish your day to be what you want it to be, but remember you are the one who can do it!
    Verda
  • hhhdddggss
    Options
    Thanks, Susan. I had to make my goal more realistic...so I could be successful! If I lost 5 lbs this month I know I'd be THRILLED. (Yes, I'd love to lose 8 (2 a week) but also know what with the emotional battle of the hellidays, I need to just take success where I can find it.)

Today are crunches ... I'm actually looking forward to doing those since with exhaustion being the key for the last two evenings, I'd curtailed my usual SHRED penance time!

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday!
    Cheryl
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Morning Morning Morning!!!!! Hope everyone is looking and feeling FANTASTIC!

I can't believe how many things each of you had to reject yesterday! My heart goes out to you. I work in an office all by myself usually and so there isn't much pressure here. I don't get a lunch break. I could order, but I usually bring lunch... I am so thankful for all this because I don't know if I could have said no to all the things you girls had to.. CONGRATS!

So situps today huh.. 25. I will try! My legs are still sore from Monday, but I am gonna be doin my shred tonight. I think I am going to count my situps seperately instead of the ones on her workout.

I just talked to my mom on the phone and told her that when the family and I come up in the summer, she won't even recognize me! :)
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon! Well, yesterday's no challenge was a bust. I was running around more than I thought I would and hadn't packed enough snacks so I ate cookies....alot of em. Yeah *sigh*. Then my kid's school was having a fundraiser at Chick-fil-a and just my luck outta salads. Enter combo #1 with lemonade.:grumble: Uff! But...I'm off to a great start today and i even have time to double my workout.

I appreciate all of you so much. You keep me going. Normally, after a day like yesterday I would've quit and vowed to start again on Monday.

Hugs and Blessings :flowerforyou:
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    With some coaxing from slightningscale I am here to weight in. 159. No loss and no gain but I sure do feel mushy! I know I'm worse off then I was 2 months ago but today I went back to the gym after a month away! A journey of 1000 steps begins with the fisrt step!:happy: Thanks slightningscale!:flowerforyou:
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies! Just wanting to check in and see how everyone is! :flowerforyou:

I wanted to let all of you know that I am starting myself on AdvoCares 24 day Challenge!

Today is my first day! Everyone I talked to and have met have seen amazing results and I want to be one of them! There is a lot of just saying no and plenty of water.... Its only mid day and I have already had four large glasses of water working on my fifth!

I am planning to check in with all of you through out my 24 days to show the results! If anyone wants to join me or get more information you can just message me!

Lots of love to all of you! :heart:
  • niky1215
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a good day so far! I did magage to get up and do the 25 situps! 2 challengs down!
    The only problem for today is we are having a potluck at work and there is all sorts of yummy food around me. I am going to try to only have one plate and control my portions. Fingers crossed because they are bringing in Adobo. It is one of my favorite foods.
    Sigh.
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    Well, Just Say No only lasted one day. Today I ate two cupcakes. BUT I passed on about 10 other sweet treats headed my way! :tongue:

Just finished my 25 sit-ups (modified). I had forgotten what my abs felt like... :grumble:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Well, Just Say No only lasted one day. Today I ate two cupcakes. BUT I passed on about 10 other sweet treats headed my way! :tongue:

Just finished my 25 sit-ups (modified). I had forgotten what my abs felt like... :grumble:
    Good job bluenote! Saying no for even one day is awesome, eating ONLY 2 cupcakes is still very good AND finding you still have abs is SUPER!!! KEEP IT UP GIRL!!!!
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm the newbie of the group. I love everyone's encouragement and dedication in this group, and I definitely love the monthly goal setting and challenges. It's like our very own personal support group.

Start Weight: Tues, 12/16 - 238.8
    Goal Weight: Tues, 1/5 - 235.0 (This may seem low, but I am a realist and the holidays will be difficult for me---I Love Sweets!)
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hello all. I'm the newbie of the group. I love everyone's encouragement and dedication in this group, and I definitely love the monthly goal setting and challenges. It's like our very own personal support group.

Start Weight: Tues, 12/16 - 238.8
    Goal Weight: Tues, 1/5 - 235.0 (This may seem low, but I am a realist and the holidays will be difficult for me---I Love Sweets!)
    I am a sugar addict ! There I let the secret out! LOL Actually it is the truth and I fight it daily! I do log my cals but I am ALWAYS over on my fats. My saving grace is the fitness, I rarely miss a day except for when I am sick! Setting realistic goals is very good for us and if I can even get through the Holidays maintaining I will be very happy! I wish you success and thanks for joining in!!!
    Verda
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I did today's challenge - in addition to going to the gym & working out for an hour =) AND I ate well today! I'm super excited to keep my goals, I REALLY hope I can make it through the holidays without gaining! I'm such a sucker for food that looks/smells good - I want to try everything! lol I just really need to watch my portions..
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to attempt personals. Please forgive me if I miss anyone that has posted since Tuesday!

jakstamp :flowerforyou: Super results last week. McDonald's happens. Way to bounce back so fast. How did the staff party go?
    ebh :flowerforyou: Super weigh in! You're proof that getting back on track quickly, pays off
    pollart :flowerforyou: Great job on your workouts last week. Your scale will show results soon.
    skrumm :flowerforyou: Start small with your exercise. We started in the mall (early a.m.) with baby in backpack. There are videos, too. Would that work?
    cryslynn :flowerforyou: Great job posting a loss after such a long plateau. That must have been frustrating, but you're back!
    sunsama :flowerforyou: Fantastic week for you. What techniques are working for you? 10 pounds of flour is heavy!
    vdpal :flowerforyou: You may think it's small, but it's still a loss. That's a very good thing!
    jitteryspork :flowerforyou: How did your Shred go today? It's nice to find muscles and bones under our "giftwrap"! WTG on the grilled chicken salad.
    mskellyw :flowerforyou: Excellent week! I hope your finals went well.
    akgrant :flowerforyou: Great loss and thanks so much for your feedback!
    niky1215 :flowerforyou: Way to be honest with yourself! How did the potluck go? Adobo? Any more workouts this week?
    essence :flowerforyou: What a fantastic result this week. Way to get back on track today!
    ashaver :flowerforyou: Best of luck with your advocares challenge. I'll have to do a little research about it. Measurements are definitely important!
    rascheer :flowerforyou: Great challenge choices. You're going to see results!
    cherlou :flowerforyou: Your scale acts like mine does! I hung onto water then lost my weight on Wednesday. You've been working hard, so I hope your body enjoys the rest.
    rspeelman :flowerforyou: Strong work, and the scale is showing the results for your efforts!
    bluenote :flowerforyou: Congrats on your loss and for turning down 10 sweets. I take anything I can get, too. It's fun to make the loss chart.
    verda :flowerforyou: You continue to inspire me with your amazing workouts! You work so hard and I love your attitude. Thanks for your motivating posts.
    smw2285 :flowerforyou: Great job on your loss. I hope finals went well. You must feel back to 100%, with your great day today?
    roseparker:flowerforyou: I hope your finals went well, too. You have a great attitude, hang in there. Happy winter break!
    familygirl :flowerforyou: Stellar week! You log amazing calorie burn. I can't wait to see your next results.
    sjessup :flowerforyou: Happy travels to you and best of luck with your holiday challenges on the road!
    smadag :flowerforyou: I hope your world settles down soon. Great job maintaining! Maintaining is good at this time of year.
    kimberly :flowerforyou: Sometimes I feel my firm fat getting mushy right before it leaves the body. Is that you, too?
    markei :flowerforyou: Great ideas for the 12 days of Christmas. Let us know how you are doing with it along the way.
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    slightingscale.... You are AWSOME! You have been amazing at keeping this thing organized! THANKS!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP :huh:
    I am having a issue with my sugars...Im so confused... On my daily intake it says I can only have 24 a day but all my days I have went OVER by 25 or more. I am not eating alot of simple sugar ( i didnt think) but like this morining I had a bowl of instant oatmeal and then some coffee with alittle creamer in it. I am already at 20 and only have 4 sugars left for the day. How do I eat only 4 more sugars today? I dont have any medical issues where I need to watch my sugar but I thought I might lose weight faster if I did. I need HELP. How many should I really have and what type of food can I eat that will be sugar,protien,carb and sodium friendly? HELP!