Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black... 0 calories! :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I drink one coffee per day with a spoonful of molasses and almond milk.

But in truth it doesn't give me a boost like some people say it does for them. Its just easy. If I want a great boost I drink a cup of Yerba Mate green tea. You can buy it in a dark tea as well.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I use an organic vanilla creamer - the vanilla flavoring is a lot stronger and I get a lot less chemicals for the same amount of fat and calories I was getting with the standard low-fat vanilla creamer and I switched over to organic pure cane sugar - I only use two packets whereas it takes a whole lot more of the white sugar to do the same. The only reason I made these switches is for now I am trying to eat cleaner and I have heard so much about the artificial sweeteners causing more cravings and not allowing your blood sugar to process normally I figured I would give it a try. Kind of doing my own research on me:happy:
  • FleekTastic
    FleekTastic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my presidents: Tall - Hot - Black.

Although I can not speak to Barack's hotness: We can not deny that he is tall and black.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I haven't added anything to my coffee, other than more coffee, about 35 years. Strong and black all the way.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I throw coffee into the blender with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, ice, and a bit of fat free half and half or fat free milk. Yummy -- and it gets protein in, too!
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I drink it blacker than a nigerian; the smokier the better.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I either will do;

black + splenda
    black + sugarfree flavoring (vanilla.. raspberry..)
    black + chocolate slender soy + sugarfree raspberry
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia (in place of sugar) and a sugar free flavored creamer or just a little (1 to 1.5 tsp) of the regular flavored creamer.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    French Vanilla flavored Folgers coffee, with a little Silk Vanilla Light
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I use "Torani" sugar free syrups (made with splenda) . :drinker:
  • mommy3crazies
    mommy3crazies Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like to have hot coffee, but (since it is summer) I've been freezing my coffee in ice trays and using them as the ice in an 8-12oz glass of light soy or almond milk. Gives me a bit more nutritional value and less sugar/fat/cream etc.

That is an awesome idea...never thought of it! Thanks for sharing! I will be doing this soon as I am addicted with a capital A to my coffee! lol :drinker:
  • Fictionista
    Fictionista Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Iced dark roast coffee with 3/4 tablespoon of half and half. Heaven. The bitterness takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you're there, you won't even want sweetened coffee.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp CoffeeMate or International Delight Creamer 35-40 calories
  • vishk2809
    vishk2809 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    0% Skim milk + a sweetener.

But honestly, plain green tea is delicious! Especially chilled :)
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of milk so it's not black.. yuM!

1/4 cup of skim milk in mine. It took me awhile to get used to the bitter flavor without sugar or cream. But now I love the flavor of the coffee. Plus, having a good coffee makes all the difference!

If you are looking for a tasty coffee... Tanduk! So awesome!
  • mrsgonzalez251
    Options
    I'll be of no help -- I give into the coffee monster almost every morning -- 1/4 cup half and half, 2-3 teaspoons of sugar.

I hate sugar substitutes in warm beverages (love them in cold) and I live for full fat dairy. :drinker:

LOL this is my exact problem right here^^^^^^^^^ I do this every morning
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love coffee any way... soy lattes, soy cappuccinos, black, with sugar, without sugar, iced... just as long as it's coffee ;p
  • hneumeye
    hneumeye Posts: 3
    Options
    I actually drink flavored coffee since I can't do coffee without some flavor. If you're like me, you like to load regular coffee with flavored creamer which is full of sugar usually. Now the flavored coffee helps me with the creamer taste I am missing (with less sugar) and I use stevia in the raw as the sweetener. I usually put a splash of skim milk in there too to make it have that lighter look and to be more creamy.

If you can't get flavored coffee try the sugar free creamers. They are pretty good. :smile:
  • kimmacias
    kimmacias Posts: 15
    Options
    I drink mine with two packets of splenda and a tbsp (serving size) of my favorite creamer.:smile: