reducing leg muscle...? I want skinny legs :(

Options
123457»

Replies

• sarahlrudd
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have just resigned myself to the fact that there is nothing more I can do than tone up.

I found a company that do calf fit boots (different calf fittings in each different foot size). They are www.duoboots.com. I currently have 2 pairs but am on my 5th pair I love them so much. They do fittings for large or small calves no matter what your foot size. They are brilliant.

Good luck
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    (bump)
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    i don't care if my legs are skinny or big and muscular- but i just want to be able to wear the tall sexy boots! and i have never been able to- even at 115 in high school, i have always been a wide person from the hips down- i can't even wear most sandals because they tend to cut into my feet and hurt really bad- so it takes me a long time to shoe shop and i have to be really picky but i guess this is the hand (or leg) i'm dealt and so i make the best of it by buying cute ankle boots and making my abs the best ever :) i still hate my legs... but i'm working on coming to an understanding with them
  • bonvivantsfo
    Options
    Pilates can definitely build long and lean muscles. You may want to give that a try!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. You got what God gave you. I have a good friend I went all through school with who was always very slim but with huge calves. Turned out she was a gifted sprinter. Focus on other attributes now that you are smaller! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Strong legs = Sexy legs
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you find a "cure" ;]

I'm basically two different people. Small from the belly button up, large from the belly button down. I've learned to mostly love it cause the lower my bf% gets the more I see that it isn't really going to change.
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. i can lose as much weight as i want but i will ALWAYS have wide hips, a big *kitten*, and thick thighs. oh joy.

This forum is making me so sad :( Everything else is getting smaller, I've been waiting for the thighs and butt to shrink too, but I am beginning to lose hope.
    I totally better start saving for leg liposuction!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. i can lose as much weight as i want but i will ALWAYS have wide hips, a big *kitten*, and thick thighs. oh joy.

This forum is making me so sad :( Everything else is getting smaller, I've been waiting for the thighs and butt to shrink too, but I am beginning to lose hope.

Just keep losing fat you! You can do it! I've always had muscular thighs but as I drop fat they get smaller. Never as fast as I'd like but it happens. Don't be sad - be patient and committed. You can't change your genetic code but you can improve!
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always hated my big legs, but came to appreciate them after a horse kicked me.I had some awful bruising, but no broken bones. The doctor told me I was lucky to have a lot of muscle.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Oh, shush. You do not need lipo. You need time, patience, a small calorie deficit, adequate protein and regular exercise including strength training.

I run and lift heavy. The added muscle has made my legs smaller and more streamlined.

In the photos below, the first was taken when I'd already lost about 20 pounds. At the time, I was I was just switching from about 1350 to 1500 calories a day plus exercise calories, and my exercise was mostly running plus light cardio-based strength training with 5 pound dumbbells.

At the time of the second photo, I was just about to start heavy lifting. Even though I'd lost 11 pounds from the first photo, my body shape was essentially the same. I was eating about 1500-1600 calories a day, plus exercise calories, but not logging on weekends. Still running 3-4 times a week.

The third photo is after about 8 months of strength training. I was eating about 1700-1800 plus exercise calories since October, still lifting and running. I had a month of almost no exercise in January while recovering from a stress fracture. The photo was taken after running a 5k, and after eating two post-race donuts and a half a pizza. :happy:

pink-bikini-front.jpg

Back view, over about the same time frame:

11pounds-1.jpg
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have just resigned myself to the fact that there is nothing more I can do than tone up.

I found a company that do calf fit boots (different calf fittings in each different foot size). They are www.duoboots.com. I currently have 2 pairs but am on my 5th pair I love them so much. They do fittings for large or small calves no matter what your foot size. They are brilliant.

Good luck

thank you for your actual help to this problem- since the problem was girls with fat (or very muscular) calves can't wear cool tall boots! some things we will have to deal with and while running may help a lot- i know it helped me cut down on my body fat a lot! and since i know some girls who have a high body fat % and CAN wear cool tall boots from about everywhere i think it's just some people have some bigger legs than other girls- my mom included, she told me once that after she had my brother and lost all the water weight from her legs she had nice thin legs then she went for a walk and they simply inflated back to wear they started... but she does have good tone and wont give up her lifestyle for thin legs- not worth it. thanks for the retail help :)
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have never measured my calves, but this thread made me curious. My thighs are 20 and 21 inches respectively and my calves are 15 1/2. And yet, I think my legs are quite skinny. Then again, I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam, so that's probably why my legs don't look thick at all. Yay for height!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    i don't care if my legs are skinny or big and muscular- but i just want to be able to wear the tall sexy boots! and i have never been able to- even at 115 in high school, i have always been a wide person from the hips down- i can't even wear most sandals because they tend to cut into my feet and hurt really bad- so it takes me a long time to shoe shop and i have to be really picky but i guess this is the hand (or leg) i'm dealt and so i make the best of it by buying cute ankle boots and making my abs the best ever :) i still hate my legs... but i'm working on coming to an understanding with them

Yep My problem too! :/
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    Pilates can definitely build long and lean muscles. You may want to give that a try!
    I will thank you! :)
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    Let me know if you find a "cure" ;]

I'm basically two different people. Small from the belly button up, large from the belly button down. I've learned to mostly love it cause the lower my bf% gets the more I see that it isn't really going to change.

Yep! me too! I'm a plit of two diff sized ppl. lol
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I have 17" calf muscle and 22" thighs (huge by many women's standards) and I wouldn't want to get rid of them. They look shapely and sexy. Muscle mass also increases your metabolism so I get to eat more. Sure, I can't wear some boots and skinny jeans, but who needs that? I look way hotter in heels and a short skirt than someone with smaller and softer legs!

This :) My measurements are almost exactly the same!
  • NotSoShabby
    Options
    BUMP
  • TurkieFacie
    Options
    Try swimming! Sure, your legs will still be strong but swimming long distance will give you plenty of lean leg muscle. I swam for an hour five times a week for a few months and the results were great!