guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• TheFitFireman
    TheFitFireman Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So you've never seen that meme used before, mmmmm. How did you know about its existence, without ever seeing it?

Yes, clearly the internet is my whole life. Clearly. You know because you're me, living my life (in the internet).

So, are you a console "gamer" then? "Avid Gamer"? That is a whole other level of fail. All real gamers know that online gaming is where it's at ;)

I sleep, go out, stay in, do whatever - all without the need for a gun. Not living in fear is pretty win.

I didn't know it existed, ever heard of google? It's this website where you can type something onto a search bar and then it will find it for you. Quite magical actually. You see, I went onto this google website I'm talking about, and I searched "not sure if stupid or retarded", and sure enough it was a meme that existed. So I click on the picture and copied the URL. Must be difficult living such a close minded life.

Your statement on gaming in itself is a fail, there's online gaming on consoles so by your definition consoles are "where it's at". Now let's try not to change the subject, this is about guns, now please continue spewing your ignorance.

Oh one more thing, what exactly am I living in fear of?
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    To answer the initial question, no guns.

Unless you're in the special forces/police or a farmer/hunter.

playing devil's advocate here:

while being special forces/police means going through a certain career path, it does not mean that while in service, or after your service, you will still be in the frame of mind to own and operate a firearm. didn't an Army doctor start shooting on a military base in texas three years ago?

and who is to decide what exactly is a farmer/hunter. my dad grows vegetables in his backyard. now we'll have to start defining what a farmer is. and all kinds of people hunt. do they want trophies, or do they rely on it for the only way they can sustain their family. are we going to start defining that too?
    Yeah that doctor was a muslim extremist that committed a terrorist attack on a US Army base. He was not a law abiding citizen, he was a terrorist that wanted to kill Americans on American soil.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    129095359556956318.jpg
  • TheFitFireman
    Options
    129095359556956318.jpg

LOL these are great. :laugh:
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Ya because these shootings ONLY happen in the US.....

They don't happen here! It's great. Only shootings in Ireland are drug dealers ****ing each other up
    But like I said, you're gonna have to put up with them because there are too many in circulation to get rid of them and people are too stubborn. They're useless for anything but killing, and if people can't control themselves enough over chocolate cake, I don't trust them with a gun.

They are actually useful for lot's of reasons. To go target shooting for fun. To go hunting, and to protect yourself. By protecting yourself I don't necessarily mean killing. You can shoot a guy enough to stop them without having to kill them.
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options
    I live in a country where the even police don't have guns. It's great.

If I don't want to binge on junk food I don't buy it into the house, because then lack of willpower has nothing to act on anyway. Same deal with guns. It's just been a part of your country for too long and people don't like things being taken away from them. You're just going to have to keep on dealing with school shootings etc.

Its not the fact that we don't like things taken away, it's the fact that even if guns are banned, Criminals will find a way to get a hold of a gun, and us law abiding citizens wouldn't be able to protect ourselves. Criminals will not go "Oh, it's against the law, I'll just turn my gun in then!" Nope. These people who do school shootings, theater shootings, regardless of the law, will continue to do so because well, criminals don't follow the law, that's why they are criminals.
    Exactly. That is what the liberals seem to miss most. Look at DC, Chicago, LA. Extreme gun laws and how many people were shot in Chicago last weekend by NON law abiding citizens? The liberals in their own mind believe AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE that once the guns are gone, then no one, even the bad guys will have them. What a fairy tale. Isnt it illegal to own and or EVEN HAVE a gun in Mexico? How many people were killed there last year by NON law abiding citizens. Close to 50000. Outlawing guns makes us serfs. IF you dont want to protect yourself or family with a gun then that is your choice, I am not giving up my choice because of what YOU the liberal wants.
  • DianatheRed
    Options
    I was raised in a home with one parent completely against guns and the other pro-gun. I learned to treat guns with a certain level of caution, and as an adult I choose to have guns in my home. My children know the guns are around (although they are still too young to know where or to be able to reach them). They have seen me practice shooting my gun. I have explained MANY times that MY gun is NOT a toy and is NOT to be touched EVER by them.

Now-as to why I made the choice to have a gun--it is simple. I live in the sticks (country, boonies, etc.). Not in a "bad neighborhood" but in a place where questionable people have lurked. My husband travels at times and it makes me feel safer to have my gun-that I know how to use-that I practice regularly with-that I keep in good condition-nearby just in case. Am I going to go on a murderous rampage because I have a bad day and have a gun close at hand? No. Will I hesitate to shoot an intruder with the intent to kill? No. My children will be protected to the best of my ability.

So, I am pro-gun. I have many friends that are anti-gun. I respect their feelings. To each their own. Just don't try to force your opinions on me and I will do the same for you.
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options
    Overused meme fail.

I stand corrected, you can multitask. You can do all kinds of fail at the same time.

I've never once seen that meme used before, clearly you spend way too much time on the internet if you've seen it used so many times. Long story short, the internet is your life and since that's the case that would make your life a fail. Sucks to be you.

So you've never seen that meme used before, mmmmm. How did you know about its existence, without ever seeing it?

Yes, clearly the internet is my whole life. Clearly. You know because you're me, living my life (in the internet).

So, are you a console "gamer" then? "Avid Gamer"? That is a whole other level of fail. All real gamers know that online gaming is where it's at ;)

I sleep, go out, stay in, do whatever - all without the need for a gun. Not living in fear is pretty win.

I sleep, go out, stay in, do whatever usually with a gun. I definitely dont live in fear and will more prepared to protect myself and my family if the need arises. What will you do when the need arises to protect yourself? Talk nicely to the man holding a gun, knife or other weapon wanting your things, your body, your life? Good luck with that. Most liberals believe they can talk their way out of an issue but when a gun is pointed at you there aint much use for talking.
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Okay. I am a hunter.

Anyone else want to be a hunter?

I'm a hunter, and if someone breaks into my home I'm a hunter of humans. I'm pretty sure that still qualifies as a hunter.

I think hunting is BS but I added it in there to appeal to American ~ideals. Guns aren't necessary for the general public & the argument concerning 'those who couldn't get guns legally would get them illegally' is also crap. Sure a minority would but I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume people like the college guy who just shot up a movie theatre don't have ~connections.

Seriously, why would anybody need a gun?

'omgzzz to protect ourselves!11!' - from what exactly? Oh yeah, other morons with guns...
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

If I don't want to binge on junk food I don't buy it into the house, because then lack of willpower has nothing to act on anyway. Same deal with guns. It's just been a part of your country for too long and people don't like things being taken away from them. You're just going to have to keep on dealing with school shootings etc.

Its not the fact that we don't like things taken away, it's the fact that even if guns are banned, Criminals will find a way to get a hold of a gun, and us law abiding citizens wouldn't be able to protect ourselves. Criminals will not go "Oh, it's against the law, I'll just turn my gun in then!" Nope. These people who do school shootings, theater shootings, regardless of the law, will continue to do so because well, criminals don't follow the law, that's why they are criminals.
    Exactly. That is what the liberals seem to miss most. Look at DC, Chicago, LA. Extreme gun laws and how many people were shot in Chicago last weekend by NON law abiding citizens? The liberals in their own mind believe AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE that once the guns are gone, then no one, even the bad guys will have them. What a fairy tale. Isnt it illegal to own and or EVEN HAVE a gun in Mexico? How many people were killed there last year by NON law abiding citizens. Close to 50000. Outlawing guns makes us serfs. IF you dont want to protect yourself or family with a gun then that is your choice, I am not giving up my choice because of what YOU the liberal wants.
    Calm down with the liberal-hatred. Not being a huge fans of guns doesn't necessarily make somebody a liberal.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

I didn't know it existed, ever heard of google? It's this website where you can type something onto a search bar and then it will find it for you. Quite magical actually. You see, I went onto this google website I'm talking about, and I searched "not sure if stupid or retarded", and sure enough it was a meme that existed. So I click on the picture and copied the URL. Must be difficult living such a close minded life.

Your statement on gaming in itself is a fail, there's online gaming on consoles so by your definition consoles are "where it's at". Now let's try not to change the subject, this is about guns, now please continue spewing your ignorance.

If you googled the exact phrase "not sure if stupid or retarded" then you obs have come across the meme before. It's embarrasing that you're trying to defend your lie to this degree. So what if you like to use old memes.

Ha! Yeah I didn't think of online gaming via consoles. You can have that one. *tips hat*.

I'm not really that competitive, and as I can't compete with your spewing of sheer and utter ignorance, I'll leave you to be the champion of it.

Toodlepip.
  • TheFitFireman
    Options
    I think hunting is BS but I added it in there to appeal to American ~ideals. Guns aren't necessary for the general public & the argument concerning 'those who couldn't get guns legally would get them illegally' is also crap. Sure a minority would but I'm going to go out on a limb here & assume people like the college guy who just shot up a movie theatre don't have ~connections.

'omgzzz to protect ourselves!11!' - from what exactly? Oh yeah, other morons with guns...

Ignorance, ignorance, and more ignorance. All mixed up in a big glass of ignorance.

The fact that you're so blinded and don't think people are capable of getting black market guns is mind boggling. If someone wants to commit a crime they're going to get a hold of a gun whether it's legal to own one or not. All gun restriction does is take away the ability to protect yourself. Also, what makes you assume that because he's in college that he can't have "connections"? Drugs are rampant on campuses and where illegal drugs can be obtained so can illegal firearms...
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options

Calm down with the liberal-hatred. Not being a huge fans of guns doesn't necessarily make somebody a liberal.

That is the funniest thing I have read on this thread except for the person that will use a paint gun for protection. I wasnt talking to you when I made my comments about liberals. HOWEVER, you proved my point when you said I should calm down on the liberal hatred, so I will assume you are liberal, and I already know you arent a fan of guns, so I will surmise that you are a gun hating liberal. See how easy it is.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    and guns have what to do with getting fit and healthy???
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When I seen this topic..I was hoping it was about having biceps guns or not... :tongue:
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Nope, just makes you anti-constitution and anti-rights. The constitution gives us rights to own firearms. Just like it gives you the right to spout off about things you do not understand.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    and guns have what to do with getting fit and healthy???

Well I am getting fit and healthy to help me during 3 gun competitions.
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options

Okay. I am a hunter.

I'm a hunter, and if someone breaks into my home I'm a hunter of humans. I'm pretty sure that still qualifies as a hunter.

No its not just from people that have guns, it is to stop the threat of harm to anyone in my family or myself, no matter what that harm may be. As a firefighter, I saw people die from fights, being hit with items, being stabbed and shot. Its not all about protecting yourself from someone with a gun, it is protecting yourself and your family from harm and to stop that threat. People get so enamored with the thought of a gun fight and life isnt that way.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Okay. I am a hunter.

to protect us from the government that people like you put in place.
  • TheFitFireman
    Options
    If you googled the exact phrase "not sure if stupid or retarded" then you obs have come across the meme before. It's embarrasing that you're trying to defend your lie to this degree. So what if you like to use old memes.

Ha! Yeah I didn't think of online gaming via consoles. You can have that one. *tips hat*.

I'm not really that competitive, and as I can't compete with your spewing of sheer and utter ignorance, I'll leave you to be the champion of it.

Toodlepip.

A basic understanding that memes exist is all that's necessary to search and assume that a phrase has been made a meme. I've seen other memes using that same character, formatted in that same way so I assumed it had been made, and it had. Sorry that some of us have a life while you don't. I don't keep up with memes or search for them very often if ever but apparently they're a part of your daily life since I guess that's an old meme according to you.

Run off now, go act like a child somewhere else because clearly you can't handle talking maturely here.