What's in a name? What prompted your MFP name?

Options

Replies

• kungfugirlrox
    kungfugirlrox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to train in kung fu and loved it! Anyone who does kung fu pretty much rocks:-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    translation: The Most Beautiful Woman of the World

I was always considered an ugly ducking especially when I was a kid & I need something to uplift my self-esteem. Its in Spanish for two reasons, 1. I'm Hispanic & 2. For me to understand & feel it more
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I was always considered an ugly ducking especially when I was a kid & I need something to uplift my self-esteem. Its in Spanish for two reasons, 1. I'm Hispanic & 2. For me to understand & feel it more

Si`
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Si`
    Awww... gracias :blushing:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    All the other ones I would have preferred were taken. :grumble:
  • ButterflyJourney
    ButterflyJourney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ButterflyJourney. When I hit my goal weight, I wanted something to remind me of how hard I had worked for those 90+ pounds, so I had a tattoo piece done that I call my Butterfly Journey. The weight loss journey. It is three butterflies. The Yellow Swallowtail represents the number of pounds I lost, arriving at the gym at 5am to begin my workout; sweat, hard work and giving up sleeping in; the Monarch represents the support I received from my husband, my daughter and my sister; and the Southern White Admiral represents the support I received from my friends and coaching from my personal trainer. I also set up a Facebook page that is all about health, fitness. It is my way of paying it forward and giving them the support they need so they can complete their own journeys. I am known by this tattoo everywhere I go. Gym members know me because they see me at the gym each morning; and strangers remember me by my tattoo. When people ask me about it, I proudly tell them the story of how it came to be.

I've gained a few back due to muscle and some weight gain, but am already on the road back to losing it again. I'll be back at goal by end of September.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It's my name :laugh:
  • Vicarious518
    Options
    Mine is just a song title by the band Tool, a very influential song to me :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My name!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It's part of my name and my email address. I'm not creative at all.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    What prompted my name? A totally blank moment and a Hello Kitty figurine in my desk. :D
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's the city-Sierra Vista...Cat is for the University of Arizona Wildcats.
  • Thor2020
    Thor2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Middle name....birth year
  • h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    Middle name....birth year

Middle name? That. Is. AWESOME.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Self explanatory. RIP Sherman Hemsley who played one of the beat HYNIC's of all time
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Self explanatory. RIP Sherman Hemsley who played one of the beat HYNIC's of all time

Awww Sherman was the best! RIP
    get > fit > diva . . . no explanation necessary
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Alex_is_Hawks

well...my middle name is Alexis and part of my last name is Hawk.... AlexisHawk...but I broke it into pieces...

AND

both Alex and Hawk were nick names I picked up playing various team sports...

so in a sense Alex (me) IS Hawk (also me)

it was a play on words...
  • morethanrain
    Options
    I'm a perfectionist.:/
  • H3xDcml
    H3xDcml Posts: 12
    Options
    It's the based on the name of a character from ReBoot, one of my favorite shows growing up. ( I'm a nerd, I know)
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I was a kung fu instructor for 5 years or so, and now compete in Highland games - so I call what I do "Kilt Fu"

As for the Panda part - about 3 years ago, one of the other competitors nicknamed me "Kung Fu Panda", which was more than just appropriate. The name stuck. I am now announced at the games as "Panda".

So, I am the Kilt Fu Panda.

Skidoosh.