Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• jakstamp
    Options
    Wow slightingscale .. you have posting skills! LOL

Thanks for the personal note ... the staff party was a lot of fun - I did end up having one piece of pizzaa and some drinks but compared to the damage I would normally have done I was actually pretty pleased with myself. Still 153.5 this morning so I didn't go up anyways! I have however been totally slacking on logging my meals ... I am starting back at it today though! I hope to be down another lb for Tuesdays weigh in fingers crossed!

So now that you have checked in on all of us - how has YOUR week been going :)
  • jakstamp
    Options
    slightingscale.... You are AWSOME! You have been amazing at keeping this thing organized! THANKS!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP :huh:
    I am having a issue with my sugars...Im so confused... On my daily intake it says I can only have 24 a day but all my days I have went OVER by 25 or more. I am not eating alot of simple sugar ( i didnt think) but like this morining I had a bowl of instant oatmeal and then some coffee with alittle creamer in it. I am already at 20 and only have 4 sugars left for the day. How do I eat only 4 more sugars today? I dont have any medical issues where I need to watch my sugar but I thought I might lose weight faster if I did. I need HELP. How many should I really have and what type of food can I eat that will be sugar,protien,carb and sodium friendly? HELP!

Cryslynn1980 ... not sure what kind of oatmeal you are eating but I think instant oatmeal has a lot more suger in it than regular plain oats or the steel cut oats ... you might want to consider changing brands if that is your regular breakfast :)
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    For anyone who is wanting to research AdvoCare you can go to www.advocare.com/09121259

They have a medical board that has a bunch of info on gluten free products and other important information.

When I bought my 24 day challenge pack I had the option of becoming a distributor, so I did!
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    Sorry not trying to sell anything just to let everyone know! Just excited because I think I found something that works for me and that can help me get off my plateau!!!! yea me!!!
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Today we had a holiday pitch-in at work. I didn't do my best, but it could've have been way worst. :ohwell:
    I won't say that I'll start over tomorrow because I will make better decisions for the rest of the day. I did eat some cake, but I truly thought about it and wanted it. However, I am proud of myself for not going back on seconds, skipping bread, eating my veggies first, and drinking water only. It may have all balanced out. I just hate logging all of that stuff. I should start carrying around serving utensils so I know how much of each I am getting. :laugh:
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    slightingscale.... You are AWSOME! You have been amazing at keeping this thing organized! THANKS!

I am having a issue with my sugars...
    Cryslynn, you're a sweetheart! Thanks for the nice note.

I have a Glycemic Index (GI) book that has helped me a lot in avoiding extra sugars. The premise is, that our bodies assimilate various sugars differently. You may want to check it out at the library.

I agree that instant cereals have much more sugar in them than the old-fashioned types where you get to control the amount of sugar that you add after cooking. Also, when I have sugar in the a.m. I get hungier faster. Does that happen to you, too?
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    slightingscale, I roared when you said that your fat gets mushy before it leaves. I thought I was the only one!!! I swear it feels mushy and then - bam! - I have a great weight loss! :laugh:

Verda, thank you so much for cheering me on! I know I have a long road, but it has to start somewhere!

I did very well on the veggie challenge today. :bigsmile:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Wow slightingscale .. you have posting skills! LOL

Thanks for the personal note ... the staff party was a lot of fun - I did end up having one piece of pizzaa and some drinks but compared to the damage I would normally have done I was actually pretty pleased with myself. Still 153.5 this morning so I didn't go up anyways! I have however been totally slacking on logging my meals ... I am starting back at it today though! I hope to be down another lb for Tuesdays weigh in fingers crossed!

So now that you have checked in on all of us - how has YOUR week been going :)
    Jakstamp,
    Thanks!! Great job at the office party. You've been able to maintain your weigh-in weight. That's great! I hope that carries over throughout the weekend.

My week had mixed results. After my 'Just say NO day', I just said YES YES YES the next day.:sad: Yes, to the caramels & salty snacks that I said no to the day before! But today, I feel that I'm back on track (since they are all gone....*burp*:blushing: ) and I did a great hill climb workout in this morning for 400 calories. After that, Christmas shopping left me too busy to overeat. Wish me luck over the weekend. Hopefully, I can get to the gym twice.
    Susan
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Hello all. Today we had a holiday pitch-in at work. I didn't do my best, but it could've have been way worst. :ohwell:
    I won't say that I'll start over tomorrow because I will make better decisions for the rest of the day. I did eat some cake, but I truly thought about it and wanted it. However, I am proud of myself for not going back on seconds, skipping bread, eating my veggies first, and drinking water only. It may have all balanced out. I just hate logging all of that stuff. I should start carrying around serving utensils so I know how much of each I am getting. :laugh:
    Markei,
    You ate when you wanted to, you were accountable for it, and then you recovered. I'm so proud of you!
    This journey isn't about a big guilt trip. It's about making choices, enjoying our choices, and then getting back on track ASAP.
    That empowerment gives me chills!!!!!
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I am having a issue with my sugars...
    Cryslynn, you're a sweetheart! Thanks for the nice note.

I have a Glycemic Index (GI) book that has helped me a lot in avoiding extra sugars. The premise is, that our bodies assimilate various sugars differently. You may want to check it out at the library.

I agree that instant cereals have much more sugar in them than the old-fashioned types where you get to control the amount of sugar that you add after cooking. Also, when I have sugar in the a.m. I get hungier faster. Does that happen to you, too?

today was the first day I had the instant oatmeal (thought Id try something different) I did get extremley hungry in a short period of time. I dont think I will be trying that again. I have reg plain oatmeal and will try that next time. Thanks guys for your help. :0) I managed toend the day at I think-14 sugars which is better than the -25 I have been doing...lol
  • slightingscale
    Options
    slightingscale, I roared when you said that your fat gets mushy before it leaves. I thought I was the only one!!! I swear it feels mushy and then - bam! - I have a great weight loss! :laugh:

Verda, thank you so much for cheering me on! I know I have a long road, but it has to start somewhere!

bluenote.....whoops. I forgot the veggie challenge. I flunked!!!!!
    Glad to hear I'm not the only mushy one!:laugh: The first place I lose is my wrists, ankles, and my ribs & boobs. Showing that God is definitely not female. When my waist looks smaller, then my hips look even bigger! Some of my fat is so secure in its location that it feels as firm as muscle. I actually convinced myself that is was muscle. :laugh: But when it starts to loosen, I see that I was mistaken........
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

Your welcome and GOOD JOB again today!! Yes we all have to have a start to have a finish!!! I am your cheerleader and I truly am rooting for you!!!
    Verda
  • vhuber
    Options
    I flunked on the veggies too!!! Only had salad at lunch, so that was my only vegetables! Now if we could only have a ALL YOU CAN EAT SUGAR DAY!!!! I know I could be a real hero on that challenge!! I got in good exercise, my food choices surely could have been better, water was good but I just have not been able to leave all this holiday stuff alone! It really does make me feel like doggy doo doo!! I am staying home all day tomorrow to clean and laundry and I won't be around it so Sat won't be bad but then on Sund or Mon I will have to bake for the clan that is coming errrr I am soooo weak!!!!! And then I hear "Oh what are you worried about, your not overweight?" then I cave, yes I am weak but then I am strong and I go workout for an hour or more to kill the damage!!! Life could be worse, I know!!!
    Verda
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I flunked on the veggies too!!! Only had salad at lunch, so that was my only vegetables! Now if we could only have a ALL YOU CAN EAT SUGAR DAY!!!! I know I could be a real hero on that challenge!! I got in good exercise, my food choices surely could have been better, water was good but I just have not been able to leave all this holiday stuff alone! It really does make me feel like doggy doo doo!! I am staying home all day tomorrow to clean and laundry and I won't be around it so Sat won't be bad but then on Sund or Mon I will have to bake for the clan that is coming errrr I am soooo weak!!!!! And then I hear "Oh what are you worried about, your not overweight?" then I cave, yes I am weak but then I am strong and I go workout for an hour or more to kill the damage!!! Life could be worse, I know!!!
    Verda
    Verda,
    Me, too! Tomorrow will be okay, but Sunday is our family Christmas Cookie Bake day. We will be baking at least 9 types of cookies. No doubt, I will have to sample each variety. TGFG....thank god for the gym! Now, I have to make sure that I get there daily! And food for the day, that is usually REUBEN sandwiches (and not the low calorie version, either). Helpppppp!!!!!!!
  • niky1215
    Options
    Well....I too flunked the veggies!! This was a hard challenge!

Slightingscale.. you really are awesome! You always give great advice and just really are an inspiration. You always seem to have something positive to say. Thank you. You have know idea how much it is appreciated. Oh and Adobo is a type of Filipino food. You can make it with pork, or chicken or even shrimp. It is so good but has a huge amount of sodium. Thanks for asking about the potluck. I did okay. I didn't go to over board but then my Mom sent me some Zucchini bread and I had 3 pieces last night. So it was a wash in calories.

I just want to say that this is a great group of people. I am very glad that I found this group! I hope everyone has a great night!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Niky,
    Years ago, we sent our neighbors some cookies and candies one year at Christmas. In return, we received the most fantastic plate of pancit, egg rolls, vanilla cookies, and a type of pudding (they were Filipino). YUM!! Needless to say, we made our gift to them a regular event, because we loved receiving their gift! I miss living next door to those wonderful folks.
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    Niky, you're right - this is a GREAT group! :love: I hope I can inspire as much as I am inspired!

Veggie challenge never a problem for me. I always eat way over my amount of veggies. Veggies have become my friend! :laugh: Unfortunately, so are Doritos, so whatcha gonna do? :tongue: Now if they only made Doritos out of veggies....hmmm......:huh:

I love that our challenge for a Saturday is logging all food. :grumble: Saturdays are especially difficult around the holidays. We can do it, peeps! Log everything!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Well F'rs how was your Saturday? Must be busy because you have NOT posted? We are to post at least every other day, it helps keep us more accountable plus we miss the blabbing!!!! My day was super busy, I took the day off from fitness (done my 6 days) and used cleaning my house and then shampooing my upstairs carpets as exercise(will do the lower half tomorrow)! I had to have been burning some cals while I shampooed cuz I was sweatin! Ate JUNK again today as I passed through the kitchen I would grab some cashews, or a cookie, pineapple (which wasn't bad), peanut brittle, even a candy bar for goodness sake! What in the heck am I doing??? I had such high calories that I could not even eat tonite! How rediculous is that???? My day WILL be better tomorrow because I am planning my food intake!!! Miss ya and I hope your day was LOT"S better than mine! The only thing good about my day is I have the cleanest upstairs in my area! LOL
    Verda
  • rose_parker9784
    Options
    Well hello again everyone! I have not been on in a few days because I had to go to the hospital with my youngest son. He is fine for now. He had an endoscope sent down his airways and into his lungs to check for something that may be blocking it, then they put a probe in his stomach that was connected to a monitor on the outside of him. He was in all day thursday and friday. We will get the results sometime this week. Since I was there, I had to eat take out and hospital food so I have no idea what my calorie intake was and I didnt get to log my food either so I will have to play make up this week. I did drink water though so thats a start...

School is finally out! YAY! I have 3 1/2 wks until spring starts, so I will take advantage of my extra time to catch up to my challenge on here. I hope this weigh in I will have lost at least the 1/2 lb that I gained. I got to finally wrap all the Christmas presents and half-way clean my house today. I will get to finish tomorrow. Its already almost mid-night so I wont get to exercise tonight but I will make more time tomorrow.

Great job to everyone who was able to complete the daily challenges, I will re-do them this upcoming week with the new ones since I missed them.
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    I have pneumonia. :sick: :sad: :cry: The docs at the hospital said I could keep going on my regular routine, just to take it easy and stop if I feel tightness in my chest. I am on oodles of meds and steroids. I am going to try to keep going with good eating and exercising as much as I can. I am very depressed but I have to be positive - at least I am not in the hospital.