Best Calorie Burn Exercises, anyone?

124»

Replies

• rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    I do cycling at 20mph+ and burn over 1000 calories in an hour.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    HIIT and also spinning classes they burn 300 cals per 30 mins if u follow the instructor, its brilliant
  • i reccomend Zumba to anyone!! i average 500-700 calories doing Zumba Mix (Cardio) and Zumba Ripped i burn around 500ish (toning) these DVDs plus 5 more are part of the Zumba Exhilarate DVD collection

Calorie amounts are with a HRM btw
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Typically I burn over 10,000 calories in a week ...this month riding about 1200 km in 25 days I have already burnt over 44,000 calories...Its fun! Try biking!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    I can only say what works for me and what I tend to burn most doing!

I wear my Polar HRM and cardio machines at the gym I burn most calories on are - rower and crosstrainer.

I do recommend, like others, to get a decent HRM because the machines tell fibs, as does MFP estimations!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Ah the miraculous afterburn of weight training. Here we go again.

I think someone did attempt to help Jynus with his maths last time around on this topic. But apparently it didn't sink in.

Off to watch paint dry while the cardio vs weights war plays out again.

Have fun, peeps.
    Ha thanks for the heads up. I didn't know. I'm new (soz)

Ah, don't apologise. As someone who regularly has banged her head on this wall before, I'm merely stating my intention not to participate in this round.

You sound like a properly impressive runner! I'm always in awe of people who can run fast for a long time.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Ah, don't apologise. As someone who regularly has banged her head on this wall before, I'm merely stating my intention not to participate in this round.

You sound like a properly impressive runner! I'm always in awe of people who can run fast for a long time.
    Runner, in my dreams I still run, sadly no:sad: , I'm a fat bloke in lycra. I cycle.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member

Runner, in my dreams I still run, sadly no:sad: , I'm a fat bloke in lycra. I cycle.

I need to get off the forums. I'm confusing even myself! (Sorry, I mixed you up with another poster. Sigh.)
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Ah the miraculous afterburn of weight training. Here we go again.

I think someone did attempt to help Jynus with his maths last time around on this topic. But apparently it didn't sink in.

Off to watch paint dry while the cardio vs weights war plays out again.

Have fun, peeps.
    ahh, this old debate again..

Noone gave math actually. And apparently everyone just ignores what strength trainers eat for their training.. So dunno what more to say actually.
  • pixiestellmeto
    pixiestellmeto Posts: 3 Member
    Jogging steadily or power walking get off lots of fat burn zone calories, sprint trianing shifts calories quickly too. Gillian get me 100ish on my polar watch because of the strength work. I'm doing three thirty min sessions a day on my cross trainer at the moment and that gets me about 900 cals. Good luck.