Unfriended for being too fat?

Options
rompers16
rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
I received a friend request a few days ago along with a message from the person..I'm not including the whole message, but this was part of it
They say you lose more weight if you have friends to help motivate you. I liked your post and maybe we can motivate each other. I don't have much to say to people who have to lose 100 pounds or so because I have enough of a fear of being fat so that between 20 and 25 pounds is the limit that happens to me before I start back down.

I had accepted the request and replied to her that I was one of "those" people who needed to lose close to 100 lbs and how that came about. I was nice about it and today I realize she's unfriended me...really? I guess I'm fortunate I've made it this far in life without dealing with discrimination...but from someone that also needs to lose weight? All I can say is..wow.

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    screw her. She obviously has her issues and anxieties, and it's probably just as well she has unfriended you so you don't have to feel judged or discriminated by her.
    Some people are fattist. They don't intend to be, or think they are, but they assume that anyone overweight must be fat, lazy, bla bla bla, and they can't get past that way of thinking.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    mean people suck
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Pretty shallow
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Looks like you dodged a bullet on that one. I have a feeling that probably isn't her only character flaw. Pray for her and move on. xoxxo Percy
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I agree. Screw her sorry *kitten*.

I'm proud to be your friend.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    that is ridiculous!! You can add me if you want!!
  • kjt2021
    kjt2021 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am in continual disbelief of how some individuals think.........you don't need people like that in your life.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I can kind of understand if you are just trying to lose vanity weight like your BMI is "normal" but you want to take off 15-20 pounds maybe you would have a different attitude about diet and exercise then say someone with 100 or more to lose, but I guess for me the reality is that even the person with 200 pounds to lose will be down to that last 20 someday and while that original "friend" may be long gone because they reached their goal they might have shared some little nugget of wisdome along that way that could be helpful? I don't know I'm just trying to assume the "friend" communicated poorly rather than had some malicious intent but I suppose in the end what matters is there are enough other MFP members who will send requests and who will be supportive that you probably won't remember this in a few weeks.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    there are plenty of people here who will be happy to be your friend with no conditions. you dont need to subscribe to her issues :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    hmmmm well, better than being unfriended bc you suck right? lol you dont want somebody with that tude in your corner anyways! id be glad they said it so you can see true colors!
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    The more I try to understand people and their actions, the more they confuse me.
    Dont sweat it, you've got a bunch of support and friendship here.
    Add me if you'd like :)
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is absurd. Her loss!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thre are so weird people out there....screw her..you don't need a friend like that!! :drinker:
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    I notice on MFP that there is a distinction between those who have 20lbs or less to lose, the people in between, and then the obese people who have 100lbs or more to lose. I don't really give a crap anymore. I'm on here to lose weight, plan on losing it, and if you can't support that, leave me the hell alone.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's awful! But I agree with those who said that you dodged a bullet.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!!! You're better off without that type of "friend".
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Some people just have different goals (or they suck, maybe :huh: ). There are groups you can join to get support from other people with big goals. :flowerforyou: Try the 50 or More To Loose group. A nice group of people.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think the loss is all hers!!
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! She sounds like a "great" person. I think you're better off without her "freindship".
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WOW is all I can say to this...some people just are horrible. Good luck with your journey!