No More Excuses - Week 7

Options
weightchart6.jpg

Week 7 is here, let's make the best of it!

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers!! :laugh:

I am having a rough day. DD1 broke out in the chicken pox last night after a warm bath. She is miserable but she is the most whiny, complaining littlest creature I have seen! She is so whiny that it is almost funny!! She is usually pretty tough so I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

My weight is up this week, that is no surprise considering that I have ate a ton of crap food and haven't been able to use the bathroom in several days. I decided this morning that this yo-yo eating has to stop. It is a vicious circle that has to be broken. I am stronger that this and I can do this.

Hope everybody is having a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    The Christmas gifts I am giving myelf this week:

01) six days of exercise - (already did 20 minutes on bike today)

02) will eat no sweets, candy or sugar crap all week except a small serving on Christmas day

03) I will treat my myself to a long bath with the door locked and earplugs on :happy: JK

04) I will not get on the scale again this week until next Sunday and then I will know whether this week was an accomplishment by how I did, not what the darn scale says!!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost. Also, congrats to everyone who is still here and trying their best. I have noticed this is a very slow journey but we will get there.

Amanda...Those sound like good gifts. I will try to do them as well except that I am trying to only have one piece of Dove chocolate a day (40 calories) and it satisfies my sweet tooth somewhat. We have dinner on Christmas Eve and then brunch on Christmas Day. I will do my best but I'm sure I'll gain some. Oh well, after Christmas Day the extra food in the house will be gone and I will start anew. I'm sorry your DD is sick. I remember when my oldest had the chicken pox. My youngest has not gotten them yet.

Nisa...Congrats on the treadmill. What a thoughtful thing to do.

Alison...Good luck on your 3 lb. goal, I'm sure you can do it!

Ann...Breaking the 160 mark sounds like a wonderful goal, can't wait til I'm there. Good luck!

Angel1029...It looks like you are doing well on your weight loss. You look beautiful in your profile picture. I've always heard the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. I wouldn't know personally, as I've never gotten that close to my actual goal. I usually just accept where I've gotten to, get too comfortable and then gain my weight back. But not this time. As the Grinch says, "Down a size and a half, and this time I'll keep it off." :laugh:

Hope I didn't forget anyone. You are all in my thoughts.

See ya'll tomorrow.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Allison, I also want to lose three pounds before the New Year. We can do it!!!

Just got back from a 33 minute run / walk. I did intervals. I burnt 335 calories. That is 485 burnt today. I am pretty happy!
  • yvonneh
    Options
    I've been weighing every day, too, but I'm going to do the same and just weigh on Sunday. I'm changing my goals to weight lost intervals without the time pressure. Putting date goals seemed like a good idea, but it was making me feel like I"m losing ground, but really, I'm feeling a lot healthier and in control.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers!! :laugh:

I am having a rough day. DD1 broke out in the chicken pox last night after a warm bath. She is miserable but she is the most whiny, complaining littlest creature I have seen! She is so whiny that it is almost funny!! She is usually pretty tough so I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

My weight is up this week, that is no surprise considering that I have ate a ton of crap food and haven't been able to use the bathroom in several days. I decided this morning that this yo-yo eating has to stop. It is a vicious circle that has to be broken. I am stronger that this and I can do this.

Hope everybody is having a great day!! :flowerforyou:

Kids with chicken pox are no fun no matter whether they are whiney or not.......Have you tried "tea" baths for the itching? I know they worked wonders on my kids.

Sounds like you have a great handle on the week. I am going to get three days of Curves in(they are closed Thurs & Fri), and then will attemp the running thing each day again.

I am also going to start using our wii fit again. It just doesn't give me how many calories I've burned so I don't know how to figure that, since it is strength training mostly. There are some cardio stuff, step aerobics, running that kind of thing. Anyone know how to get the calories for those?

My youngest was just over at his grandmas with his brother who has wii fit-plus. I guess it has the calorie burned on it. I may have to get me one of those after Christmas.

Well that dad gome Broncos lost.....I can't believe it! We should have walked all over the Raiders!!! SHOOT!!!! Maybe I will go take out my frustration on the treadmill! I will check in later! Hope we don't have any Raider fans on here, or I have a feeling I will be put in my place!!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: I really am not a violent fan!!!:wink:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Ann, Santa is bringing a Wii and a Wii Fit Plus so I could let you know the calories after I use it. I also plannng on wearing my HRM. That is the best present I ever bought myself. I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!

Thanks for the tip on the tea bath, I gave her a baking soda bath. She had the vaccine and the booster so I was suprised she got them.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I've been weighing every day, too, but I'm going to do the same and just weigh on Sunday. I'm changing my goals to weight lost intervals without the time pressure. Putting date goals seemed like a good idea, but it was making me feel like I"m losing ground, but really, I'm feeling a lot healthier and in control.

See this is what I mean. I am not quite halfway to my goal but I am so much healthier than I was a year ago. Also 20 pounds lighter. I truly think we need to keep the big picture in mind! :smile:
  • Angel1029
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost. Also, congrats to everyone who is still here and trying their best. I have noticed this is a very slow journey but we will get there.

Amanda...Those sound like good gifts. I will try to do them as well except that I am trying to only have one piece of Dove chocolate a day (40 calories) and it satisfies my sweet tooth somewhat. We have dinner on Christmas Eve and then brunch on Christmas Day. I will do my best but I'm sure I'll gain some. Oh well, after Christmas Day the extra food in the house will be gone and I will start anew. I'm sorry your DD is sick. I remember when my oldest had the chicken pox. My youngest has not gotten them yet.

Ann...Breaking the 160 mark sounds like a wonderful goal, can't wait til I'm there. Good luck!

Angel1029...It looks like you are doing well on your weight loss. You look beautiful in your profile picture. I've always heard the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. I wouldn't know personally, as I've never gotten that close to my actual goal. I usually just accept where I've gotten to, get too comfortable and then gain my weight back. But not this time. As the Grinch says, "Down a size and a half, and this time I'll keep it off." :laugh:

See ya'll tomorrow.

Thank you:happy: Yeah it is hard. But I've been pretty good about staying off of the scale until Sunday because I'm a little obsessive about numbers on the scale. But I'm losing inches so I'm doing something right.
  • AmandaJ
    Options

See ya'll tomorrow.

Thank you:happy: Yeah it is hard. But I've been pretty good about staying off of the scale until Sunday because I'm a little obsessive about numbers on the scale. But I'm losing inches so I'm doing something right.

Absolutely, inches are super important, some say more important that the actual number on the scale. Way to go!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    The Christmas gifts I am giving myelf this week:

01) six days of exercise - (already did 20 minutes on bike today)

02) will eat no sweets, candy or sugar crap all week except a small serving on Christmas day

03) I will treat my myself to a long bath with the door locked and earplugs on :happy: JK

04) I will not get on the scale again this week until next Sunday and then I will know whether this week was an accomplishment by how I did, not what the darn scale says!!!!

Great day. Did 50 minutes of exercise, ate very healhty, no sweets or treats and am feeling good about the day.

Sweet dreams, team!:flowerforyou:
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Been a tough week, so many goodies everywhere I turn.

My goal this week is to lose 3 pounds since I only lost 1 pound last week.

Had a sore foot, so I couldn't run late last week, but I ran today and it feels good again.
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey everyone

Sorry I forgot to report in - i actually lost 2 kgs this week! which is 4.4 pounds. I only have 3 kgs (6.6pds) to go to get back into my healthy weight range yeah!

I have been laid up sick all weekend unfortunately. I hate being sick and even more so in a foreign country. I am now on antibiotics which make me feel awful - lightheaded, dizzy and nausous. So I am not going to exercise this week unless I feel a lot better. right now I would probably fall off the treadmill if I tried. I am just going to focus on eating healthily and try and get better so I'll be in good shape when I get home - only 4 more days now!

I hope your all having a great week :smile:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey everyone

Sorry I forgot to report in - i actually lost 2 kgs this week! which is 4.4 pounds. I only have 3 kgs (6.6pds) to go to get back into my healthy weight range yeah!

I have been laid up sick all weekend unfortunately. I hate being sick and even more so in a foreign country. I am now on antibiotics which make me feel awful - lightheaded, dizzy and nausous. So I am not going to exercise this week unless I feel a lot better. right now I would probably fall off the treadmill if I tried. I am just going to focus on eating healthily and try and get better so I'll be in good shape when I get home - only 4 more days now!

• tamelab
    Options
    Hey everyone

Amaline...I'm sorry you are so sick. Rest and get well so you will have a great Christmas with your family. Congrats on the 4.4 pound loss! That is awesome. Do you think the running is melting the pounds quicker?

• Angel1029
    Options

See ya'll tomorrow.

Absolutely, inches are super important, some say more important that the actual number on the scale. Way to go!

Thank you!!!:happy:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey everyone

Oh Amy, I am so sorry you are sick. That is awful, please take care of yourself. Way to go on the pounds lost. Holy cow, 4.4 pounds!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am still waiting on Kdsmith, running-girl and Momoftwo for weights. I know I will get Momoftwo's tomorrow and then I will update the charts. Thanks for everybody for sending them to me!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WTG, everyone!! I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!

My goals for this week:

1 - Stay away from the Caramel Popcorn! -- I even threw away what I had at home.

2 - Walk every single day on the treadmill through at least one television program or at least 30 mins at a quick pace.

3 - Find some good arm toning exercises and actually do them!
  • amaline
    Options

Amaline...I'm sorry you are so sick. Rest and get well so you will have a great Christmas with your family. Congrats on the 4.4 pound loss! That is awesome. Do you think the running is melting the pounds quicker?

Thanks Tam. I am not sure if it is the running or maybe because I was getting sick last week so had less of an appetite . . . also my scales are not all that accurate so don't show half a kg but do a whole one so some of that might be the week before. Either way I am taking it!

I have noticed the running is making a big difference to my legs - i have noticed they are a lot leaner and more toned (especially my thighs). can't wait to show them off at the beach! I am really annoyed I haven't been able to run these last few days - I am actually craving it which I never ever thought would happen!