Coffee

Options

Replies

• maddiekidd
    maddiekidd Posts: 15
    Options
    I drink a Starbucks trenta iced coffee in the am with some cream and suger. Even with this its only about 60 - 80 calories. I actually got rid of my coffee maker at home. I was drinking 2 pots a day or so.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'll be of no help -- I give into the coffee monster almost every morning -- 1/4 cup half and half, 2-3 teaspoons of sugar.

I hate sugar substitutes in warm beverages (love them in cold) and I live for full fat dairy. :drinker:

LOL this is my exact problem right here^^^^^^^^^ I do this every morning

I tried hard to make substitutions, go black, or give it up all together. None really worked for me -- I really look forward to my morning coffee (I'm not usually hungry in the morning) made that way -- so I just have one cup (I was doing 2-3) made the "good" way and am at peace with myself. In the summer I do iced coffee with vanilla syrup (I make a big batch) so the sugar doesn't settle. I just plan for 140-160 calories most days to go to coffee.

The biggest switch I made to compensate for my morning sugar rush was to 90% cocoa dark chocolate when I am having a candy craving so I don't totally go crazy over my sugar.
  • mrsgonzalez251
    Options
    thanks for the ideas you guys :)
  • Spartan518
    Spartan518 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The morning starts with a caffeine wake-up; I prefer General Foods cappuccino coolers as I would drive to work, w/ a cube or two of ice; am in Korea now and they make a couple of different types by Taster's Choice and Maxwell House, stronger than the US made version, but equally delicious!

My wife is from Rhode Island and if you are even acquainted with NE, then you can't ignore Autocrat and Eclipse Coffee Syrup's, or the even more delicious "Coffee Cabinet"

Finally, yes I love the fru-fru coffee as well; Caramel Machiato as well as a English Toffee Frappe done upside down (whip cream on the bottom of the cup) Haven't had that for more than a decade when I would get it from a little kiosk in Lace WA called 'Crazy Espresso', Lord I miss that ;-)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    black!! or a skim latte if I'm feeling fancy. but really just black.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Black coffee all day
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hmm ... not going to be helpful here. Can't imagine drinking it with anything in it! One time I grabbed my wife's thermos by accident (as hers has sugar and cream) and thought I was going to gag! lol ...

It's just not my thing ... I drink it black.

Speaking of which ... that sounds good right about now for a post-lunch cup :)

yeah, this happens to me all the time. I have to stop myself from spitting it back in my husbands cup! He loves the flavored coffee mate creamers. yuck!
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    black!! or a skim latte if I'm feeling fancy. but really just black.

You're so cute! ''feeling fancy''! That was adorable! :smile:
  • zasae
    zasae Posts: 30
    Options
    Medium sized , black , no sugar :)
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    black with 1 sachet of sweetener.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I brew a huge pot of coffee old school style - in a percolator on the stove until it's super strong

Divide into 16oz. portions, add 1T. Torani sugar free vanilla syrup and a dash of stevia, shake and place each portion in fridge.

Each morning, I add 1/2 c. vanilla unsweetened almond milk to a portion, shake and pour in my coffee to-go cup.

Skinny iced vanilla latte....20oz of drink for 20 calories.
    (well it's not "iced" because i don't add ice hm but it's cold and good) :wink:
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee ritual (for the past 6ish months):

2 cups brewed coffee
    3T kerrygold butter (unsalted)
    15-28g MCT oil

Blend. Consume.

(But before this, I just drank it black.)

As above, except I use coconut oil instead of MCT (but only because i have not yet worked out where I can get MCT oil).
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like mine black and my wife has finally began to drink it that way too. She said this way she could save the calories for other thing....I am so glad she has seen the light.:drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

2 cups brewed coffee
    15-28g MCT oil

Blend. Consume.

As above, except I use coconut oil instead of MCT (but only because i have not yet worked out where I can get MCT oil).

MCT is relatively inexpensive from amazon.com. I currently use the Now Sports brand, 1) because it's very inexpensive, and 2) because it's in a brown glass bottle (instead of a white plastic bottle like the stuff with a fancy name that costs twice as much).

Is MCT > CO? No idea...but I've never tried it with CO (despite using CO in so many other foods). Maybe if I ever run out of MCT, I'll try it...or maybe I'll try bacon grease instead. =P
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate makes lots of creamers that are fat free or sugar free that are pretty good (well, the fat free ones are great and the sugar free ones are gross) The other thing I drink is this awesome tea from Stash. Its a green chia - so it has all the great health benefits of green tea, but has all the yummy spices and flavor you'd find in a creamy, sugar filled chia tea. Its a big hit in my book.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I drink black instant coffee. I'm hardcore.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use about 3 oz. of skim or 1% milk, and a packet of Splenda -- works out to about 40 calories. Yummy!!
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options

2 cups brewed coffee
    15-28g MCT oil

Blend. Consume.

MCT is relatively inexpensive from amazon.com. I currently use the Now Sports brand, 1) because it's very inexpensive, and 2) because it's in a brown glass bottle (instead of a white plastic bottle like the stuff with a fancy name that costs twice as much).

Is MCT > CO? No idea...but I've never tried it with CO (despite using CO in so many other foods). Maybe if I ever run out of MCT, I'll try it...or maybe I'll try bacon grease instead. =P

Thankyou for that. But I don't think that Amazon will post food products to Australia. I am going to check out some health food stores tomorrow. I will try to get something in a dark jar, I like the sound of that. By the way, I had a look at your food diary, and found it very informative.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Can't live without cream and sugar in my coffeeeee..... at least I use the real stuff and not high fructose corn syrup from starbucks anymore :)
  • healthyCAL
    healthyCAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use stevia extract and almond milk in my coffee. This week I switched to chai tea with the almond milk. It tastes decadent.